IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

NameSilo
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't get the Johnson and Johnson Covid booster.

https://meaww.com/who-was-katerina-...cide-following-illness-after-covid-19-booster

MEAWW.COM / NEWS / CELEBRITY

How did Katerina Pavelek die? 'The Mindy Project' star was 41 and fell ill following vaccine booster​

By Anita Goswami
Updated On : 23:19 PST, Jul 3, 2023
FOLLOW Google Follow
How did Katerina Pavelek die? 'The Mindy Project' star was 41 and fell ill following vaccine booster

Model and actress Katerina Pavelek died by assisted suicide after falling gravely ill after taking the Covid-19 booster shot (kat.pave/Instagram)
FB Share

BASEL, SWITZERLAND: Model and actress Katerina Pavelek recently died through assisted suicide. The 41-year-old took the tough decision after being diagnosed with an incurable and chronic neurological illness.
ADVERTISEMENT

Pavelek attributed the illness to the Covid-19 booster shot she received in 2022. She was diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) before she decided on euthanasia. She publicly shared her intention to undergo assisted suicide in an Instagram post on June 1. She ended her life on June 17 at an assisted suicide clinic in Basel, Switzerland.
Also Read: 'A whole ‘nother album': SZA announces deluxe version of sophomore album 'SOS'
(kat.pave/Instagram)
Model and actress Katerina Pavelek died by assisted suicide due to illness following Covid booster shot(kat.pave/Instagram)
ADVERTISEMENT

Who was Katerina Pavelek?​

Katerina Pavelek was a 41-year-old model and actress who appeared in TV shows, including the 'The Mindy Project', and movies such as 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood', 'Star Wars', 'The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time' and 'Fool's Paradise'. In her Instagram post, Pavelek claimed that the Covid booster shot she received in 2022 had an adverse impact on her health, ultimately leading to her diagnosis of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). She believed that the vaccine was responsible for her deteriorating health.
(kat.pave/Instagram)
Katarina Pavelek put out a post on Instagram detailing how the Covid-19 booster shot led to her health deteriorating (kat.pave/Instagram)
ADVERTISEMENT

Also Read: Reese Witherspoon shuts down reports claiming she is a billionaire, says 'they’re wrong'

'The booster jab destroyed my life completely'​

"I was diagnosed with [an] untreatable chronic neurological illness ME/CFS caused by booster jab on top of having suspected respiratory ALS," Pavalek wrote, adding, "This illness made me disabled, unable to work or have [a] social life and unable to enjoy life all together. Breathing have become more and more difficult and painful for me and my lung function has been declining. The booster jab I received over [a] year ago destroyed my health, my body and my life completely. There is no other way to end my suffering other than the decision I made."
Also Read: Amy Robach 'furious' as Robin Roberts excludes her from dream wedding over her affair with TJ Holmes
Pavelek openly shared details about her health issues through multiple Instagram posts prior to her death. "No one tells you that you will grieve when you become disabled or chronically ill. Instead of a loved one dying, it’s like you’ve died. Your life, your hopes, your dreams, your plans… all forever changed," she wrote.
ADVERTISEMENT

(kat.pave/Instagram)
Katerina Pavelek wrote another heartwrenching post after becoming chronically ill (kat.pave/Instagram)

'I felt very uncomfortable about getting a booster'​

Despite not receiving a formal Covid diagnosis, Pavelek believed she had contracted the virus in 2020 during the initial stages of the pandemic in the US. She experienced a month-long illness during that time, although she did not have any pre-existing health conditions. "I believed the vaccine was safe and effective. After the first and second Covid vaccines, I had no major side effects other than a few days of fatigue," she wrote.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I felt very uncomfortable about getting a booster," Pavelek admitted. In February 2022, she received the Johnson & Johnson booster shot for work purposes, even though "ongoing conflicting messaging showed me that they were negligently lying." Within two days, "my heart started racing, and I began to feel intense chest pains," she said.

Last edited:
•••

Why Are People Suddenly Dropping Dead? | CBN NewsWatch - July 6, 2023​

Iam just sayin ... A very reliable news source.

A quick check - others can check things out more, if they want to verify it further...... Turned this up on the Suddenly Dropping Dead claims:

Fact Check-No evidence that people aged 25-44 experienced an 84% increase in excess mortality due to COVID vaccine rollout​

"At the 0:28 second mark, Dowd says: “And the money chart is really chart 4, which shows that the millennial age group 25 to 44 experienced an 84 percent increase in excess mortality into the fall. It’s the worst ever excess death mortality I think, in history. Just to give you an idea, when you look at chart 4, you see when mandates and boosters hit the acceleration into the fall and then it reaccelerated into the end of the year.”

The graph shown in the video includes a link to this CDC page (here) as the source.

While Dowd claims the deaths are due to vaccine rollouts, this CDC data represents excess deaths from COVID-19."

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-excess-mortality-idUSL2N2VS1BI

COVID-19 vaccines did not cause excess deaths among millennials​

CLAIM: There were more than 61,000 excess deaths among the millennial age group in the U.S. in the second half of 2021 because of COVID-19 vaccines.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. There was an increase in excess deaths — which is the difference between the observed numbers of deaths and expected numbers of deaths in a specific period — among millennials at that time, but health experts say there is no evidence vaccines played a role. Instead, contagious variants of the coronavirus were a major contributor to the toll.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-793439742249

Last edited:
•••
This graph shows the age distribution of COVID-19 cases in Korea and in Italy in the two colours. If you look only at the Italian data (green), it seems that most cases are in the elderly. But that is misleading, as over-burdened Italy could only test those who seemed likely ill. If you look at Korea (red), that did wider testing than I think anywhere else, the data shows that in fact early 20's are the majority of cases. This makes sense that the mobile young would most highly transmit an infectious disease.

Now you have to take into account the different age distributions in the country overall populations, but I think the data clearly show that there are tons of active younger people in fact infected, even though they will get few symptoms. The fact that you can readily spread the virus, without even knowing you have it, while not restricted to this one virus, is still a major concern.

Here is source of information - have not delved deeply but it looks legitimate to me: https://twitter.com/AbdulElSayed/status/1239887864302796801?s=20

Bob
ETT1SLOXQAAF0Is

Last edited:
•••
Hospitalizations are up 50% in America while the countries that suffered the worst at the beginning (Italy, France) are having rates drop to near nothing. The difference? They did a REAL lock down knowing that once the virus had no new hosts its rate of spread/infection would begin to decrease. Now, in America, this surge is going to be extremely bad...and it is still technically still the 'first wave'. Our moronic leaders on the local, state and federal levels have let us all down. It is up to each person to do his/her duty in stopping the spread.

I made the above statements to a group of people yesterday, several in their late teens and early twenties, and a client of mine came up on us. He began his diatribe about how his rights are violated being forced to wear a mask...then he went on how it is a political plan to bring someone down. The group clearly did not agree with him having heard some reality wisdom. I then told him his attitude is as dangerous as a person pulling the pin on a grenade, tossing it into a lake and then being expected to hold the safety lever for a week or two. We exchanged more words (his of ignorance, mine of facts) and eventually I said I no longer wanted or needed his business. This will cost my bottom line about 15,000 a year, but I've made the decision not to expose myself or my contractors to his mindset or his oral (potentially covid19 laced) expulsions.

---End of rant---

Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 497,551
United States: 127,649
United Kingdom: 43,414
Canada: 8,508
Mexico: 25,779
Brazil: 56,109
Russia: 8,969
India: 15,731
Japan : 969
Indonesia: 2,720
Italy: 34,708
Spain: 28,338
Belgium: 9,732
France: 29,778
Netherlands: 6,103

Last edited:
•••
Me too!

So many people like reporting mainstream news as the indisputable gospel of god, O_o:facepalm:

while ignoring thousands of doctors exposing the plandemic scamdemic the world is enduring...

World lawyers and doctors are coming together to hold those responsible who have destroyed the lives of billions of people....

Like these kind men . . .

Medical Doctors And Lawyers Allied Against Global Malfeasance
https://lbry.tv/@BNN:6/Medical-Doctors-And-Lawyers-Allied-Against-Global-Malfeasance:6

I actually worked for one of those mainstream news organisations for six years, and like them of loath them, there is a reason that mainstream news is so popular; they are trusted by the majority because they are held accountable for what they report by law, media regulations and peers.

Time will tell where you stand with your beliefs, but I've noticed that you have editorialised headlines to suit an agenda, so you are not high up on my trust list for accurate re-reporting of facts.

•••
Take good care of yourself @Mister Funsky, and feel well soon. Thanks for keeping the thread going for 198 pages -- I've learned all kinds of things here I wouldn't have known otherwise.

•••
covid is really bad … I agree 10,000% .. but being realistic with the whole pandemic is a great route to take IMO ….if I get covid - 19 .. I have a 1.6% chance of dying .. so I have a 98.4% of living .. covid is very bad stuff .. and as of going on 2 years now .. it won’t go away and die off … but with a 98.4 chance of survival and a 1.6% chance of death .. is it possible that herd immunity is the real answer to nixing the virus once and for all ??

The pandemic would be over in a couple months if people just got vaccinated. We would reach herd immunity, all the discussions about masks and other restrictions would be moot.

We can reach herd immunity in months with people getting vaccinated, or it could linger on for years with countless more unnecessary suffering.

While around 70% of Americans have had at least (1) dose now, that number is deceptive. It is very regional.

Many US counties are still in the 30% range. Most of these are rural, some are not. These are the places COVID is ravaging at the moment.

Look at much of Europe now like Denmark and others. That is the template to end the pandemic.
Europe is starting to close the door to US travel, for valid reasons.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This 124-page thread seems to have drifted away from the intent of the original poster. In his very first post, @Mister Funsky stated his reason for creating the thread:

He didn't invite us to discuss the viability of allopathic medicine or long theories about alternative therapies, or assertions about the mind control we've all become slaves to. He asked us to post first-hand stories or links to information about the Corona virus. Period.

Mister Funsky has put a lot of time into creating and maintaining this thread, and I think we should adhere to his request. In that way we can thank him for his efforts.

Thank you for your kind words and continuing support. :xf.smile:

I've spoken with a few members privately, and more than one has stopped posting because of the input of some (that is when I started encouraging the ignore button use). It is unfortunate they have stopped posting, but I know they stop in from time to time and I encourage them to join in at any time and post a story/experience they find interesting or informative.

There was a point recently that I felt it was time to let it (the thread) fall away a bit. I thought we (US) and the rest of the world would cooperate in driving this bug into obscurity, but it is proving to be more determined than most thought it would be. Because of information that has been shared with me from friends and family, it is clear this thing has just started. My hope is that this year, 2020, will be the worst...but now I think 2021 will be much worse for humanity (globally/3rd world) with an increase as much as 50% or more in death rates...with or without a vaccine.

So, I will continue posting the daily numbers for a while as long as a 'thank' or 'like' is being generated showing that others still have an interest in that info. Brazil and Indonesia are poised for significant outbreaks unless protective measures are taken...and the US is going to have a more than a few 'hot spots' over the next several months.

As long as at a few people find the info/stats in the thread helpful, I will keep it current as time permits. All opinions and perspectives are welcome, but ideally we will have some of the old posters, current posters and some new ones come along to add useful information and news stories...specifically personal experiences or information that is local in nature that may not make to the top of the 'highlight' list of a given country.

Last edited:
•••
The world needs a 'people's vaccine' for coronavirus, not a big-pharma monopoly

Granting one company exclusive rights to the science, knowhow and intellectual property of a coronavirus vaccine will prevent us from getting the billions of doses that the world needs. No private company, however committed it might be to delivering a vaccine, should have a monopoly over this public resource. A global pandemic is not the time to artificially ration the supply of a medicine because of failed ideas about the sanctity of intellectual property. Nor should the market be protected simply to serve the interests of pharmaceutical corporations.

It’s also important to remember that AstraZeneca didn’t discover this vaccine. Billions of dollars of taxpayers’ money have been poured into the development and production of a Covid-19 vaccine. AstraZeneca has received $1.2bn from the United States government alone, and at least £84m from the UK government. Nor is the company bearing the risks of this innovation alone: governments are already committing to purchase the vaccine in advance of its production.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...g-pharma-monopoly-astrazeneca-patent-pandemic

•••
'It's just madness': bikers throng South Dakota town despite Covid threat

At least 100,000 people are expected to attend the 10-day annual Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota’s Black Hills from Friday, as opportunities for the local economy have overridden concerns it could become a coronavirus superspreading event.
This year is the 80th anniversary of the event that in normal years sees upward of 500,000 motorcycle enthusiasts descend on the small town of Sturgis and the surrounding area. The rally injects $800m into South Dakota’s economy.
Local authorities expected fewer people to attend this year, and before the event halved the number of vendors allowed to participate.
Yet on Friday, a worker at the event told the Guardian the crowd seemed larger than in previous years – and warned that Sturgis attendees were paying little heed to medical advice.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/07/south-dakota-bikers-rally-coronavirus-pandemic

Looks like there's going to be a huge spike in infections in South Dakota in a month or so.

•••
No worries! The subject of genetics is very relevant to Covid19 and all things must be considered. Just like any other disease (cancer, diabetes, etc.) there is a direct link to genes/dna and the 'quirks' therein...I think before too much time passes they will be able to find markers that may indicate a person might be more susceptible to catching and/or experiencing a more severe case of the disease.

It will be around this winter and probably the next one as well before it starts to fade away (hopefully) in a significant way. Sadly there will be time to find them to find answers to some of the dna related issues.

This winter is going to be rough...some are saying 3500 dying a day in the US at the peak. Of course I want to say 0 deaths, but in reality there may be 2000+ a day at the peak...possibly lasting weeks at that level. It worries me how it may interact with the 'regular' flu. Those that catch the 'regular' flu will be at tremendous risk for contracting covid19 due to having a weakened system. I try not to think about it for now...

I appreciate your input as well as the others in this thread that take the time to post useful information and have informed and intelligent exchanges. I miss some of those that were active in the beginning but the 'core' of us that remains sharing information might reach someone that is seeking knowledge just passing by.

Thank you! I appreciate also your inputs as well as the others updating about real science facts about covid-19.
I hope this winter the most of the people will be aware and use face masks and social distancing as much as they can, in order to reduce to the minimum the spread of the virus.

It is a very serious disease that needs to be taken very seriously and not be underestimated in any way.

And just to add another input, finally... the CDC Acknowledges Coronavirus Can Spread Via Airborne Transmission:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

"The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus."

Respiratory droplets are produced during exhalation (e.g., breathing, speaking, singing, coughing, sneezing) and span a wide spectrum of sizes that may be divided into two basic categories based on how long they can remain suspended in the air:
  • Larger droplets some of which are visible and that fall out of the air rapidly within seconds to minutes while close to the source.
  • Smaller droplets and particles (formed when small droplets dry very quickly in the airstream) that can remain suspended for many minutes to hours and travel far from the source on air currents

Respiratory viruses are transmitted in multiple ways

Infections with respiratory viruses are principally transmitted through three modes: contact, droplet, and airborne.

• Contact transmission is infection spread through direct contact with an infectious person (e.g., touching during a handshake) or with an article or surface that has become contaminated. The latter is sometimes referred to specifically as “fomite transmission.”
  • Droplet transmission is infection spread specifically through exposure to virus-containing respiratory droplets (i.e., larger and smaller droplets and particles) exhaled by an infectious person. Transmission is most likely to occur when someone is close to the infectious person, generally within about 6 feet.
  • Airborne transmission is infection spread through exposure to those virus-containing respiratory droplets comprised of smaller droplets and particles that can remain suspended in the air over long distances (usually greater than 6 feet) and time (typically hours).
Airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 can occur under special circumstances
  • Enclosed spaces within which an infectious person either exposed susceptible people at the same time or to which susceptible people were exposed shortly after the infectious person had left the space.
  • Prolonged exposure to respiratory particles, often generated with expiratory exertion (e.g., shouting, singing, exercising) that increased the concentration of suspended respiratory droplets in the air space.
  • Inadequate ventilation or air handling that allowed a build-up of suspended small respiratory droplets and particles.

Last edited:
•••
WHO Says NO LOCKDOWNS! Common Sense!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...nization-coronavirus-lockdown-advice/12753688

"We really do appeal to all world leaders, stop using lockdowns as your primary method of control,"

"Lockdowns have just one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer."

"We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...nization-coronavirus-lockdown-advice/12753688

This article is rather specific to Australia where our lockdowns have so far prevented the mass outbreaks seen in many countries around the world.

To date we have had 27,317 confirmed cases and 899 deaths, mostly in Melbourne Victoria where Covid escaped from travel quarantine into the general population.

8,062,988 Covid-19 tests have been conducted from a population of over 25 million.

Now that the cases are more manageable we will try easing lockdowns and restrictions, while keeping on top of mask-wearing, social distancing and testing. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: your headline is also incorrect. He never said "No lockdowns". He said "We really do appeal to all world leaders, stop using lockdown as your primary method of control"

Last edited:
•••
Sleepless Nights, Hair Loss And Cracked Teeth: Pandemic Stress Takes Its Toll

Throughout the pandemic, people who never had the coronavirus have been reporting a host of seemingly unrelated symptoms: excruciating headaches, episodes of hair loss, upset stomach for weeks on end, sudden outbreaks of shingles and flare-ups of autoimmune disorders. The disparate symptoms, often in otherwise healthy individuals, have puzzled doctors and patients alike, sometimes resulting in a series of visits to specialists with few answers.

But it turns out there's a common thread among many of these conditions, one that has been months in the making: chronic stress.

Although people often underestimate the influence of the mind on the body, a growing catalog of research shows that high levels of stress over an extended period of time can drastically alter physical function and affect nearly every organ system.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-cracked-teeth-pandemic-stress-takes-its-toll

So much collateral damage from the pandemic.

•••
I don't think any health related subjects are going to be deleted as right now everyone's situation seems to be being effected by the Pandemic somehow.

Just wanted you to know that you have my well wishes too, I hope that you can beat the cancer again and keep amazing the doctors that are taking care of you.

You have made a valuable thread here that provides a lot of helpful info to others and perhaps you have been able to convince a few hardliners to change their minds and start taking the Pandemic seriously and for that you should be very proud of yourself.

You having a support group that helps you along the way is very important, I on the other hand have many health issues too including continuous stabbing pain in my heart that seems not to want go away, but unlike you I don't have many people who care for me, as the matter of fact there are some people like my next door neighbor who seem to be taking a special pleasure in harassing and tormenting me (for whatever political, religious, and racial hatred and animosity that they might have for me) which has contributed greatly to the demise of my physical condition over the last few years.

So I might be a little envious of you. :xf.wink:

IMO

Thank you for the well wishes...I gladly accept them all as well as any prayers if you are so inclined.

The cancer will eventually take me out if something else doesn't do so first (heart attack, car wreck, stroke, kidney failure, ex wife, covid, etc) and the death part does not concern me. Just want to be sure I have completed my mission/purpose for being here in the first place.

FYI, the well wishes here, privately and publicly, have nearly exceeded those IRL...my family and pseudo friends leave a lot to be desired with the exception of a handful of individuals. I've had business customers go much further in helping/caring for me than those I would have expected to...especially considering how generous I've been with those 'close' to me financially, physically, emotionally, etc.

I'm sure the reasons are multifaceted and I will admit there was a time that it bothered me that those that should care for me did not, but I have grown to move beyond those feelings due to meditation and prayer. I realized letting myself get bogged down in those things were the work of the enemy (regardless of a persons belief system, our existence in this life will always boil down to positive and negative energy).

Virtual strangers have taken me to more chemo treatments and/or operations over the years than family members have (I live next door to a primary family member and a dozen others are within several miles). For the record, I've got to say I am a pretty good person, even if someone crosses me (to a point of course) and overall I have treated others much better than they have treated me IRL. As far as my medical teams(s) go, I am a valuable lab rat to them and my situation has led to a couple major treatment protocol changes...they love me as long as I provide good data! :xf.smile:

There came a point that I recognized those being non supportive and/or combative were tools of the enemy (i.e., negative energy) and the ability to compartmentalize and eliminate the 'damage' they were doing in my life began to increase. Please understand that I do not give them more credit than they deserve...the vast majority of those people/situations were/are low level tools being used by the enemy. My personal growth was/is based on whether or not I can forgive them and/or lift them up while minimalizing their affect on my life. Most of my prayers in this area now revolve around asking for them to be able to 'see the light' and begin their own journey to becoming a better entity.

In your case I will pray you will be able to isolate/remove/ignore those causing you grief or stress and you find people to interact with that will bring light to your life. I have met the most awesome people along the way when donating time and effort to worthy causes. Just delivering food to someone that is unable to get out for a meal brings great satisfaction many times greater than the effort it takes. Simply calling and asking someone how they are doing or if they need anything brings great satisfaction...even more if there is something that can be done for the person being called (rarely do they want/need anything...just knowing someone is there brings them some happiness). The challenge is, despite how awful things may be at the moment, to be willing to give to someone else even though I am hoping for a call.

I am very far from perfect, but I am forgiven...that gives me a great deal of comfort and allows me to interact with varying degrees of evil (negative energy) on a daily basis and I hope you continue to develop the ability to block out the negative...your next door neighbor seems to be one of these negative entities worthy of being ignored. Do your best to stop interacting with him/her...your health and peace of mind is more important than discussing politics, religion or life in general with someone that is demon possessed (at the most) or has half of your mental capabilities (at the least). The demons win if they can sidetrack you from whatever positive influence you may be able have on someone that day...even if it is just holding a door open for another person.

My apologies for rambling so long...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Totally agree. But I am still wondering what makes the anti-vaxxers and anti-science believe in every worthless chemical treatment out there like that ivermectin but they are ready to die for not getting a simple vaccine.
I think some people have their brain built to believe in every ridiculous treatment and conspiracy theory just to go against the science and now also against the democrats. I really think the damage that the first conspiracy in chief and misinformation spreader, now ex president Trump has done to many people's brain still is having disastrous consequences in many people.

Valid point. I have no idea.

It could be any number of things like wanting to think they know more, being a non-conformist, etc.

Some people just can't seem to filter and parse information well. They tend to elevate anecdotal stories above empirical data.

They are suckered by misinformation / disinformation that fits their confirmation bias. Social media has not helped that either.

Brad

Maybe time to post this again:

The More BS You Spread, the More BS You Fall For, New Study Shows

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/psychology-truthfulness-research-university-waterloo.html

•••
My sister and brother are/were about 15 years older than I and between them they had 6 children...now I have 10 greats and only two are old enough to get the vaccine.

One has had several heart operations and is running on pig valves. My nieces spend most of their time trying to keep the kids away from those not wearing masks.

I know this is a crazy concept to some people, but I actually care about other people that I have never met. Some people just have this "how does this effect me" mindset.

I would rather be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Vaccination is good for society. Vaccinations have basically saved more lives than any other innovation in modern history.

Mitigating the spread, especially when it comes to people who simply can't be vaccinated such as younger kids and/or immunocompromised, is enough reason for me to get it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I just checked my watch...it's almost 4:20

Study Finds Cannabis Compounds Prevent Infection By Covid-19 Virus​

Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

The researchers found that two cannabinoid acids commonly found in hemp varietals of cannabis, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, also known as CBDA, can bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. By binding to the spike protein, the compounds can prevent the virus from entering cells and causing infection, potentially offering new avenues to prevent and treat the disease.

more...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherr...-infection-by-covid-19-virus/?sh=1f136b701753

•••
OK, read some weird info today + have an a actual update from relatives who live in Iran.

OK, from what I am told (from wife's aunt/uncle/fam) it's a mess there as they have even closed the hospital and medical services where they are. They think it's all of Iran, but they dont know. They whole family is still fine - they also said that no one they directly know has it yet. Fingers crossed.

Weird news - the US had testing done and believe the current virus test (at least the one in the USA) was returning over 75% false positive results. The article said they had a new batch developed, tested and that is going out now. - guess that was kind the explanation for slow to get testing up and running here? If that is true - possibly good news in terms of the spread #s?

Just wanted pass that on, particularly the actual update from real people.

Good Luck all.

•••
most likely a North Korea attempt, possibly Russia , it’s just the beginning of the cyberattack stuff IMO , North Korea has preemptive cyber attack capabilities

Cyber warfare has been going on for many years and I believe China is at the top of the current list. I've got several things running, but the link below has some information about the countries most responsible but it is a little dated.

https://www.bba.org.uk/wp-content/u...countries+where+attacks+originate+-++2015.pdf

ADD: I just found out a short while ago, my niece has shown signs of improvement in the last couple hours...woohoo!

Last edited:
•••
A new open and free database has just gone live with 29,000 scientific articles related to coronavirus, about 13,000 are full text (meaning you can read the entire paper without cost - in others it is just the summary that is free). AI was used to compile it from existing database sources. Most papers will be very technical, but a nice move to have it available to both researchers and the general public.

Here is link: https://pages.semanticscholar.org/coronavirus-research

Here is an MIT news story about it where I first came across the information

Bob

•••
•••
DOCTOR RUNS 22 MILES IN FACE MASK TO PROVE THEY DON'T LOWER OXYGEN LEVELS

A doctor in Yorkshire has run 22 miles in a face mask to prove that it does not reduce oxygen levels as some have speculated.

Tom Lawton is a doctor at the intensive care unit at Bradford Royal Infirmary and has been working through the pandemic.

In order to debunk the myth that wearing a face mask reduces oxygen levels and encourage people to wear masks when they leave the house, Lawton decided to run to work and back wearing one.

•••
Note: Sorry to the OP for the offtopic, it was just an interesting talk started from this post talking about if there's a relation in the severity of covid-19 disease and the amount of Neanderthal DNA:

No worries! The subject of genetics is very relevant to Covid19 and all things must be considered. Just like any other disease (cancer, diabetes, etc.) there is a direct link to genes/dna and the 'quirks' therein...I think before too much time passes they will be able to find markers that may indicate a person might be more susceptible to catching and/or experiencing a more severe case of the disease.

It will be around this winter and probably the next one as well before it starts to fade away (hopefully) in a significant way. Sadly there will be time for them to find answers to some of the dna related issues.

This winter is going to be rough...some are saying 3500 dying a day in the US at the peak. Of course I want to say 0 deaths, but in reality there may be 2000+ a day at the peak...possibly lasting weeks at that level. It worries me how it may interact with the 'regular' flu. Those that catch the 'regular' flu will be at tremendous risk for contracting covid19 due to having a weakened system. I try not to think about it for now...

I appreciate your input as well as the others in this thread that take the time to post useful information and have informed and intelligent exchanges. I miss some of those that were active in the beginning but the 'core' of us that remains sharing information might reach someone that is seeking knowledge just passing by.

Last edited:
•••
Back