DAN.com

Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Labeled as news in The Break Room, started by Mister Funsky, Feb 22, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

A business associate told me this week about the volume of calls he is fielding about his refrigeration business and the fitting of some of the units they make to trailers of all types and sizes.

I've had a dream of buying seafood straight off the boat and bringing to people inland for years...it is part of my retirement plan...and when I inquired about the small unit I would need for my truck/trailer I was told that manufacture of that unit has been suspended so they can make units for full size tractor trailer units.

South Bend area hospitals look to refrigerated trucks to store bodies as COVID deaths rise

https://www.southbendtribune.com/co...cle_eee8dba8-2b59-11eb-afa4-0fa7b2059a2e.html

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. CraigD

CraigD Top Contributor VIP

3. CraigD

CraigD Top Contributor VIP

Australia last week, and now China.
    I need to stop saying they have it under control :(

Chaos erupts at Shanghai Airport as thousands forced to quarantine over COVID case

Shanghai’s airport was plunged into chaos today after a worker tested positive for COVID-19 which forced immediate quarantine of thousands of people with medics in bio-hazard suits pushing angry crowds into a car park for mass testing.

4. Sutruk

Sutruk Top Contributor VIP

And that contention or quarantine was just because two people tested positive in Shanghai. They know that's a serious thing and they treat it accordingly, even for just two positives.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 7:42 AM
  5. koolishman

koolishman Upgraded Member Blue Account

I fee China is not open with the numbers at all. With 1.3 billion people, they have to have high number of infections, despite the precautions.

6. Sutruk

Sutruk Top Contributor VIP

I think they didn't tell all the numbers of the first wave in Wuhan, but after that, you just have to see how they treat all outbreaks. Two people infected in a big city and they confine a city of millions of people and make thousands of tests there, that's how you treat seriously a virus.
    They quarantined and confined Wuhan for months, until they completely eradicated the virus. And then they kept with very restrictive measures and testings, and keeping their borders safe, testing everybody entering through their frontiers and doing quarantines.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 8:08 AM
  7. koolishman

Oxford University breakthrough on global COVID-19 vaccine

The University of Oxford, in collaboration with AstraZeneca plc, today announces interim trial data from its Phase III trials that show its candidate vaccine, ChAdOx1 nCoV-2019, is effective at preventing COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) and offers a high level of protection.

Our vaccine work is progressing quickly. To ensure you have the latest information or to find out more about the trial, please visit the Oxford COVID-19 vaccine web hub or visit the COVID-19 trial website.

• Phase 3 interim analysis including 131 Covid-19 cases indicates that the vaccine is 70.4% effective when combining data from two dosing regimens
    • In the two different dose regimens vaccine efficacy was 90% in one and 62% in the other
    • Higher efficacy regimen used a halved first dose and standard second dose
    • Early indication that vaccine could reduce virus transmission from an observed reduction in asymptomatic infections
    • There were no hospitalised or severe cases in anyone who received the vaccine
    • Large safety database from over 24,000 volunteers from clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa, with follow up since April
    • Crucially, vaccine can be easily administered in existing healthcare systems, stored at ‘fridge temperature’ (2-8 °C) and distributed using existing logistics
    • Large scale manufacturing ongoing in over 10 countries to support equitable global access

Happy days are here again.:xf.cool:

8. koolishman

Coronaviruses closely related to the pandemic virus discovered in Japan and Cambodia

The viruses, both found in bats stored in laboratory freezers, are the first SARS-CoV-2 relatives to be found outside China.

Two lab freezers in Asia have yielded surprising discoveries. Researchers have told Nature they have found a coronavirus that is closely related to SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for the pandemic, in horseshoe bats stored in a freezer in Cambodia. Meanwhile, a team in Japan has reported the discovery of another closely related coronavirus — also found in frozen bat droppings.

The viruses are the first known relatives of SARS-CoV-2 to be found outside China, which supports the World Health Organization’s search across Asia for the pandemic’s animal origin. Strong evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2 originated in horseshoe bats, but whether it passed directly from bats to people, or through an intermediate host, remains a mystery.

9. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 1,395,787
    United States: 262,726
    Brazil: 169,197
    South Africa: 20,903
    United Kingdom: 55,024
    Canada: 11,455
    Mexico: 101,676
    Poland: 13,774
    Russia: 36,540
    India: 133,773
    Bolivia: 8,907
    Japan : 1,974
    Indonesia: 16,002
    Italy: 49,823
    Spain: 42,619
    Belgium: 15,618
    France: 48,732
    Netherlands: 8,891
    Chile: 15,069
    Philippines: 8,173

10. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice