IT.COM

Contacting end users - My emails marked as spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm going to start sending some emails to potential end users that might be interested in buying my domain, but I'm afraid that my emails will be marked as spam.

Is there any way to not make my email marked as spam? What can I do to avoid this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To answer the original question. I use gMail to contact people, and I have a pretty decent open rate of 70%-75%. I am using Streak to track eMails and I just use very targeted lead research that I do on both Bing and Google. Response rate however is 5% - 10%, although I do see that my eMail gets opened 7 - 15 times by those that do open it.

To avoid spam flags I very rarely use the exact domain in the eMail.

Meaning, if I am taking bout ShoeDoctor.com I will refer to it as ShoeDoctor, in the .COM namespace, and then only use ShoeDoctor in the message when talking about the domain. I also put the domain keywords in the title of the eMail "Shoe Doctor".

I stay away from spammy words and terms, and keep the message short.

That's all for today, have a great day everyone!

•••
^Do you actually only put 'Shoe Doctor' for title subject? Have you tried, say, "Shoe doctor name on sale at reputable marketplace, or along that line.

I see that subject line in so many spam eMails, someone must have advised that somewhere; it's horrible. I would not go that route because it sounds spammy, and the recipient would know what the message is about right then and there.

If I have done my lead research right, the intended recipient has an interest in the name "Shoe Doctor"; it is what they call their business or what they refer to themselves as. So when they see that, it's enough to open the eMail.

With all sales you want to walk someone through a 'process'. If your lead deletes the email upon reading the subject, then they don't get to go through your process at all and miss your trigger words to motivate the sale.

In my opinion using the term "reputable marketplace" is like when someone tells you, "look I'm being honest here." It brings into thought that there are dishonest marketplaces, and it's not even a topic that needs to be discussed during the sale.

What To Include In an eMail:
1. Who you are
2. the domain
3. considering it's sale
4. One brief selling point
5. create a light sense of urgency
6. let's talk about it.

That's it. However you would like to word it is up to you, but that's all that should be in any message, and should take no more than 20 - 30 seconds to read.

•••
Yep

At 17 I sold a huge job using 1970's tech to biggest RE broker in Philly, created the first computerized MLM for the company that had over 30 offices and over a 1000 agents, one of my first sales over 250K in 1970's dough using old tech, a micro and old 11K baud modems

The owner was so impressed he talked me into getting a RE license, my first year in the game while still selling software gigs to mid sized companies I was his #1 Realtor with almost 10M in old money sales, one of the top agents in USA, only a few dudes in Cali had more sales and Cali homes was double what I had to sell.

Then later I left RE and formed a bunch of companies and I trained all my sales crews and if they did 10% of what I did myself they were GREAT

Then from around 83 to 93 I created a handful of niche applications for industry and had the #1 market share in several industries for my software apps using early pc's

So yeah, tech and sales I say something it behooves you to listen

But wtf, opinions are like you know what

GOOD LUCK

I know how to fly.

•••
Folks, let's get this thread back on topic. It's about how to do email outreach. Not how to rank something on Twitter..
It's fine to disagree, but please do so respectfully. Disparaging remarks and personal attacks are not OK.

Thank you!

•••
just go to the site he suggested complete ripoff for data

like I said what do I know about data?

google

1 LEADS

#1 Leads company

who do you see?

ME

so let's just say I'm an AUTHORITY on leads data and for anyone to steer people to zoom is harming them IMO

Are you serious? You actually posted that to impress somebody, ranking for a phrase nobody searches for? Who searches for "1 leads" ? Tried a page on your site, plumber leads, where are you ranking for that? Unless I missed it, I gave up after 10 pages searching Google and MSN/Yahoo.

•••
@877PAGE101 So you went from creating some super advanced AI stuff to doing SEM? That is... Odd.

•••
•••
•••
No spaming... One by one emailing.

I thought that had been discussed on the how to contact end user thread.

Getting a 100% open rate is nuts. Doesn't matter who you are.

•••
It's 'views' and it's collated from the Net

It's not valid financial info like Hoover (DnB data) or SG

Good luck with them

I wouldn't even try them from the info they have on site

Well apparently you know everything about development, advertising, and selling. Congrats, bro.

•••
lots of companies look for #1 leads industry

#1 roofer leads

#1 lawyer leads

etc

Just out of curiosity, I checked. I get dashes for those terms - - So nobody searches for that.

roofer leads gets 30 exact a month. I gave up after 10 pages on that one as well. You were on page 1 for "#1 roofer leads" in the tenth spot but according to GKT, again, no searches.

•••
I haven't contacted endusers and looks like I will have to try different approaches.

If you don't mind waiting for a sale then you can just kick your feet up and someone might approach to you eventually, but if you want to keep sales coming in you must start contacting potential end users.

Most of my sales have been through outreach. It will only benefit you.

•••
•••
Many people will you that you shouldn't use free emails like gmail to contact end user or that it would end up in spam.

Truth is no email ID will guarantee you a sale, especially when buyer isn't interested.

In the area of email ending spam... I tracked mine for 30 days using my gmail and all where OPENED. Which means they entered the inbox... But there was no sale. :(

How in the world did you manage a 100% open rate?

•••
No spaming... One by one emailing.

I thought that had been discussed on the how to contact end user thread.

•••
•••
I think the best way not to be considered as spam is finding potential buyers on Google and contact them using the forms/contacts provided at their websites.

•••
Zoominfo.com is better and cheaper.

•••
Yep

At 17 I sold a huge job using 1970's tech to biggest RE broker in Philly, created the first computerized MLM for the company that had over 30 offices and over a 1000 agents, one of my first sales over 250K in 1970's dough using old tech, a micro and old 11K baud modems

The owner was so impressed he talked me into getting a RE license, my first year in the game while still selling software gigs to mid sized companies I was his #1 Realtor with almost 10M in old money sales, one of the top agents in USA, only a few dudes in Cali had more sales and Cali homes was double what I had to sell.

Then later I left RE and formed a bunch of companies and I trained all my sales crews and if they did 10% of what I did myself they were GREAT

Then from around 83 to 93 I created a handful of niche applications for industry and had the #1 market share in several industries for my software apps using early pc's

So yeah, tech and sales I say something it behooves you to listen

But wtf, opinions are like you know what

GOOD LUCK

•••
Good for you.

Let's see I created a theoretical 90 bit/byte OS based on decagon bytes of data that will create 10 dimensional computer systems once humans figure out how to create such a processor way back when.

In fact I hold dozens of international patents on pretty much the future of AI, you can't do jack in AI without infringing upon what I theorized decades ago.

I'm a ghost.

•••
so let's just say I'm an AUTHORITY on leads data and for anyone to steer people to zoom is harming them IMO

A legend in your own mind.

I think the problem people have is that you have no humility. Doesn't matter if you are 100% right, if people don't have any respect for you.

•••
Hello, does the number of followers one have determine the/your success of selling domains via twitter?
Of course, but whats more important is how many eyes get on each name. So retweets and favorites are very important.

•••
Second i also think that an incoming mail with an image pixel on it easily trigger the mail filter and it easily go in the junk folder.
That can increase the spam score. HTML mail/images too.

•••
I don't think so. Email open tracking is not considered an unethical business practice.

Every email marketing provider like MailChimp, InfusionSoft, ConstantContact etc provide email tracking.
i'm not saying it is unhetical track a mail.. just if i can be 100% sure of the result.
My mail client automatically block all images from sender that are not in my contact list, so i can open the mail and you never know if i've read it or not, unless i enable images.
I'm sure i'm not the only one with a similar feature

•••
Many people will you that you shouldn't use free emails like gmail to contact end user or that it would end up in spam.

Truth is no email ID will guarantee you a sale, especially when buyer isn't interested.

In the area of email ending spam... I tracked mine for 30 days using my gmail and all where OPENED. Which means they entered the inbox... But there was no sale. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back