IT.COM

debate What's better .info or .xyz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

R2D

Account Closed
Impact
What's better .info or .xyz (for the same keyword)?
For exmaple: games.info or games.xyz

.info most popular out of the "Old-School New gTLDs"
Total .info domains: 5,322,719

.xyz most popular out of the "New gTLDs"
Total .xyz domains: 900,555

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My personal favorite out of all the "Old-School New gTLDs" is .info.
My personal favorite out of all the "New gTLDs" is .xyz.

I prefer .info out of the two.

•••
Can understand the reason for some new extensions but when it comes to xyz..only time I ever used the combination was when I have to say the alphabet... info for me and my money!

•••
Hello,

For now; .INFO. Without a doubt.

•••
.info but don't pay to much, it most probably will be a decline of the value of .info in the coming years.

•••
.info but don't pay to much, it most probably will be a decline of the value of .info in the coming years.

Without a doubt. The value of .INFO is decreasing.

But if I personally could replace my ten best .XYZ with the corresponding .INFO, I would do it.

If it the domain is for a start-up etc, I would NEVER chose a .INFO. Instead I would prefer a .IO or a corresponding new gTLD. But that's just me... For me .INFO works good for information based websites, not companies or start-ups.

•••
Without a doubt. The value of .INFO is decreasing.

But if I personally could replace my ten best .XYZ with the corresponding .INFO, I would do it.

If it the domain is for a start-up etc, I would NEVER chose a .INFO. Instead I would prefer a .IO or a corresponding new gTLD. But that's just me... For me .INFO works good for information based websites, not companies or start-ups.

It's beyond me that people still are buying poor .info's on the aftermarket like
coloradospringshomeloans.info 137 USD 2015-05-02 GoDaddy.

For a start-up today I would pick a brandable short .com ;)

•••
It's beyond me that people still are buying poor .info's on the aftermarket like

For a start-up today I would pick a brandable short .com ;)

I did not even count .COM in. But if your budget allows it, I definitely agree!

Ps. Coloradospringshomeloans.net is available. :ahhh::roll:

•••
•••
•••

Backlinks/Traffic

As for the original question, .info by a long shot. I've never considered registering an xyz, but have done ok with info's

•••
if you are new in domaining .info would be your best bet. But focus more on registering a exact match keyword and high cpc for example
financemarket.info
domainselling.info
virtualreality.info etc and some one word related with a type of business.

.xyz is a new gtlds(1years old) full with a controversial story. We don't see any website .xyz rank well in google till now.. that means we have a some doubt and not sure whats happen.
Anyway am also invest in .xyz but only have one..
fee.xyz

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back