Watch

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
heres a new reality lol
25k for LLL.com

Meanwhile www.home.loans sells for $500k

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
May not be King, in your eyes, but it sure Trumps the other extensions

https://namebio.com/blog/daily-market-report-for-february-2nd-2018/

weed.ag $411 Park.io sold,.. to bad it wasn't .com
Could you please tell me how much $$$ someone paid to acquired weed.com? $50K or more & how much the person which sold weed.ag paid to register .ag domain $50 to $100 not more.

Now,

Weed.ag was registered only on 24.1.2018 & it's sold 02.02.2018

Now

Come to Weed.com

Registered on 21.10.1996 & there is no information about this domain even got sold.

Let me ask, which person got "Profit"?

•••
Bil and Bob down the road with the bakery will undoubtedly register a 20 character.com

K.png

The new kids on the block couldn't give a rat's ass about .com
Polkadot and ETH foundation have close to $700m US in cash reserves.

If they wouldn't buy ethereum.com for less then 1.5% of the cash reserve - When are they going buy it?

Simply put Vitalik gives 0 f**ks about attaining the.com - Would he even take it for free......... Maybe? but debatable

Last edited:
•••
King of The Dot is: dot Com. In USA you don't need to put www.name.com address on your billboard or paper ads. In this example; the name "Postmates" is just enough. For any ccTLD (country based market) you can apply the same approach method.

ads-com2.jpg

•••
One sale by the registry and you think this will change the landscape of .com. Wake up before you lose more registration fee.

Stick with .com period.

•••
•••
•••
Your data analysis skills needs a little "tweaking". One comparison of two sales does not make an argument for anything whatsoever.

25k for LLL.com
I once ate an orange on the train and the train was suddenly delayed and I was late for work. I never ate an orange on the train ever again, because it must be "eating on orange on a train" that made me late, right?
:xf.rolleyes:

•••
even big industry players such as GOOGLE chooses new gtlds

e.g.: google uses “business.site” domain not a businesssite.com why ? cuz its cool, short and catchy.

Google Buys Business.Site Domain for 'Google My Business'

Small enterprises now get free BUSINESSNAME.business.site domain absolutely free through Google My Business

read more: circleid.com/posts/google_buys_businesssite_domain_for_google_my_business/

•••
even big industry players such as GOOGLE chooses new gtlds

e.g.: google uses “business.site” domain not a businesssite.com why ? cuz its cool, short and catchy.

Google Buys Business.Site Domain for 'Google My Business'

read more: circleid.com/posts/google_buys_businesssite_domain_for_google_my_business/

Ask Google to leave its .com..:-P

The big Brands like Google are taking other extentions just to levearge their brand..it does not mean they give priority to other gtlds over .com..

If you could check most of the Gtlds bought or registered by Brands like google and Apple etc..are routed to their core webiste .com only...get ur facts right...

.COM is the Magnet which attracts other Gtlds..in rare or no cases you will see .COM websites getting routed to Gtlds..

Bro...you are NOT getting the crunch of the discussion..you are just hitting around the bush and unnecesassrily extending this topic...

Last edited:
•••
1. joins
2. claims .com is not king anymore
3. leaves

???

do you work for a registry?
I would be happy to work for the Registry.
Dear Registry, if you want to hire me, please get in touch platinums.inc(at)gmail.com
:)

•••
meanwhile someone reg d
walk.life - todays drop

•••
Robotic.life is taken :xf.cry:
todays drop
the same owner of zoo.life ((

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just entered industry ? Namepros signup Jan 2018, 0 trader rating, title baiting ... come on build up some credibility, the last guys in the room who made this comment where Freddy Kruger and his side kick from mind and machines, and they were ousted from the company they started.

.com is the platinum standard

Bravo Yes I agree. My post got deleted from this thread while the op and many others before and after are allowed to troll on this topic over and over. I won’t even get into the fake sale comment. Why anyone bothers to take the bait anymore is beyond me.

•••
I definitely like all extensions that will earn me money be it dot com, gtld, cctld, ngtld or whatever. But then we have to remember that the most expensive domains came from .com. The highest number of domain registrations known from the past and up to the present is the .com. The most saleable domains as can be seen from daily sales report such as Namebio are from .coms. The most preferred extension among the domain populace is the .com. The most durable, most popular and most well-known domain extension to the whole world is the .com. So don't you think .com deserves its highest monarchy rank?

•••
on the weekly Sedo sales list we have something like 49 .com, 21 .ccTLDs, 8 other gTLDs and only 2 new Gs.

Sedo do not manipulate the sales stats in any way...

the new Gs have something like 2% marketshare when it comes to sales, I guess. If we look at dollar volume flowing in it is probably even less.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Well, okay, so why do they use a .org domain? marketplace.org

I believe the host notes it right in the podcast... They are NPR (public radio) and are too poor to afford the dot-com! ;) (PS - .Org and other extensions certainly have their place in the domain ecosystem, they will just never overcome the first-mover advantage of dot-com, nor from a domaining perspective will they ever generate as much consistent value IMHO... Just look at com vs. other extensions on dnjournal on any given week... We've been having this same discussion for years; first with dot-net, then dot-info, dot-mobi etc. and now with new extensions... Dot-com always prevails - It's just simple math...)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
championshipforum, DomainVP, NameTurtle why dislikes?
i just shared the info..

•••
•••
heres a new reality lol
25k for LLL.com

Alot of factors go into bidding. Let me assure you if the domain name was INK instead of IMK it could've been easily a million dollar sale. IMK didn't really pass radio test.

real-eyes-realize-real-lies.png

Last edited:
•••
home.loans sells for $500k
how about home.com? It will be much more than $500k
.com is the king
I don't get the sense that dotcom means a lot any more. Lots of prominent sites now use tlds like .io, .ai, .co, and new gtlds. Search engines are so powerful that the domain extension is not really relevant.

•••
recent good new gtld drops:
talk.place is taken
professionals.online - taken by fkn Chinese
zoo.life - taken
platinum.life - taken
biz.credit - taken by Chinese
biz.deals - taken
body.cool - taken
global.boutique - taken
get.delivery - taken
people.city - taken

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back