Watch

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
heres a new reality lol
25k for LLL.com

Meanwhile www.home.loans sells for $500k

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
44 of the top 50 Namebio sales yesterday were .com, none being ntlds. Keep dreaming

•••
appropriate comparison ...

Screenshot_2018_02_03_at_11_33_54_AM.png

Last edited:
•••
Whether .com is King or Queen or Joker. I don't care.

Whether New Gtld or Ctld is King or Queen or Joker. I don't care.

Then What I care?

I only care those extension which turn my little cent into dollars. It can be a .com, .co, co.uk or .blog or .loan or .info or .cash or .org etc.

•••
•••
You are comparing apples with oranges.

•••
Home.loans was an enduser sale, imk is a reseller sale

•••
This thread only serves to show the OP's lack of understanding of the domain business.

•••
Only CONTENT is KING.
Not the naked domain itself.

•••
I am just saying, but new extensions aren't new anymore, they are already old news. Time flies. Might want to look at the past few years before making uneducated projections about the future.
The .com is not "king" anymore slogan is very old too.
In the meantime the 'cemetary' is growing...

•••
.Com will always be a King..

Others are just once in a Blue moon..

•••
home.loans is not every sale....and wasn't it a premium registry name held back anyways? It's one sale, LLL's are consistent. Give me a LLL .com to broker vs a modern gTLD and lets see who gets paid first.

Last edited:
•••
I think there is no need to compare .com with new gTLDs...those are just 2 different investment tools, which can and will live nicely together. I personally do not care much about .com sales (as I am invested only in new gTLDs, so I have nothing to do with .com, which means no incentive for me to care) but whenever there is nice and large .com sale, it helps domain investors the same way as the nice and large new gTLD sale :)

•••
"Lots of prominent sites now use tlds like .io, .ai, .co, and new gtlds."

Only because they couldn't get the .com ...

•••
Ya..u r right but if u cud chk most of them are local language domains which are regged in cctlds over .com

I was just correcting your incorrect statement above. That was all. So you correct your statement which is partially correct only. There are still other countries which speak English which prefer their own ccTLD over .com. Britain, Australia, Canada. To name just 3.

Last edited:
•••
heres a new reality lol
25k for LLL.com

Meanwhile www.home.loans sells for $500k

Great.com just sold for 900k at a resller auction. Still its like comparing a apple to a grapefruit.

Your just another guy trying to knock .com but sorry it wont work. How many .coms sold over the last month compared to gtlds. I bet the number isnt even close

•••
"Who in the WORLD have used, Using or Will Use ever other Gtld, Cctld if a .COM is available...ask this question to yourself and you will get the answer.."

I think people in UK and GERMANY both .would register their co.uk and .de ccTLD before purchasing the .com. There are probably many other countries as well. It's only in the US that people snub their own .us ccTLD.

•••
Robotic.life is taken :xf.cry:
todays drop
the same owner of zoo.life ((

Robots and Zoo’s? Why not reg Robotic.zoo? I am sure some existing koolaid dispenser registry has a backorder system so when it’s created you will be first in line. You will be able to Buy them next years drop. While you are at it, buy robotzoo.live before someone like Baloney does and his .Live campaign.

•••
home.loans sells for $500k
how about home.com? It will be much more than $500k
.com is the king

•••
•••
I don't get the sense that dotcom means a lot any more. Lots of prominent sites now use tlds like .io, .ai, .co, and new gtlds. Search engines are so powerful that the domain extension is not really relevant.

If you were able to register any domain in the world right now. Which would you choose. 10000000% it would be a .com. It's not about the search engines equalizing the chances of rankings. You can always find outlier exceptions. It's about memorability. .Com is the most memorable TLD in the world.

•••
Just entered industry ? Namepros signup Jan 2018, 0 trader rating, title baiting ... come on build up some credibility, the last guys in the room who made this comment where Freddy Kruger and his side kick from mind and machines, and they were ousted from the company they started.

.com is the platinum standard

•••
1. joins
2. claims .com is not king anymore
3. leaves

???

do you work for a registry?

•••
.com dreamers check this out:
ai.google
blog.google
domains.google
home.neustar
global.canon
home.barclays
what do you think

I think that this is no reflection on the fact whether .com is king or not. only 2 of them have redirected their .com domains to these domains. Which means this is only a very small sample and we have no idea yet if others will adopt this strategy, or even if the 2 who have adopted this strategy will rethink their strategy and reverse it over time. But we do know that a number of companies, after they have shelled out the registration for their own top-level domain have given them back. Although my Google search couldn't provide a source.

•••
Now, guy's, I think I should write it again.

In Domaining there is No "King" or etc (I call itsi pure bulshit). In Domaining there is only one thing "Profit". So don't try to defend either .com or any Gtld. Just be calm & make as much as profit you can make. If you think you can sell Bitcoin.cash more then Bitcoin.com then you have "Profit" not king. If someone sold Cryptoworld.com more then Crypto.world then he has a Profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back