NameSilo

Clubhouse Acquires Clubhouse.com After Scoring Funding at $4 Billion Valuation

Labeled as information in Domain Industry News, started by James Iles, May 3, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. On April 12, I speculated that audio-based social network Clubhouse had acquired Clubhouse.com from Reflex Publishing Inc., a company that maintains a highly valuable portfolio of .COM domain names including High.com, Plant.com, and Tea.com.

It seems that Clubhouse has, indeed, acquired Clubhouse.com after a nameserver change revealed the new owner.

Read the rest on my blog

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

Anything under 10 million is a steal. It deserves about 25 million.

3. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

I assume you base your valuation on the success of the platform rather than the word itself?

4. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

clubhou.se
    is available.
    go ahead and register it.

5. PhongSGC

PhongSGC Top Contributor VIP

really? 1 min after your post, it was registered

6. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

Thank you, Clubhouse!! .COM

Respect. One and only, best.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  7. AEProgram

Without the platform it's a 1 - 1.5million name in these days.

8. Hussein Ali

Hussein Ali Established Member

Clubhouse.in is pending transfer

9. Hussein Ali

Hussein Ali Established Member

created: 2019-06-26

10. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for 300K without the platform and wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for 1.5 Mill too the platform. That's why I love this industry so much because of the broad views and the beauty being in the eye of the beholder we can have different views but neither of us are wrong. Great!

11. secretagentdad

secretagentdad Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

I hope they charged them 10 million plus.
    FOMO grifter types deserve only the finest prices.

12. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Established Member

A few weeks ago I "trolled" on Twitter
    @joinClubhouse
    saying: "your domain joinclubhouse. com looks unprofessional. Look: joinfacebook. com jointwitter. com I wouldn't join on such crap domains.. Such trendy app as yours should get exact match dot com domain!" And they are got it! So I bring the buyer to clubhouse.com owner.

13. hawkeye

hawkeye Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

:xf.confused: uh...HUH????

14. platey

platey Top Contributor VIP

club. house

gtld

has been bought but allegedly its available to buy

15. henrypcyeung

henrypcyeung Established Member

16. FMy

FMy NameRobin.com Gold Account

Out of all the available Clubhouse ccTLD & gTLD, I like:

Clubhouse.do
    Clubhouse.desi
    Clubhouse.radio
    Clubhouse.markets
    Clubhouse.trading

Ideas come to my mind while thinking about these domains :xf.grin:

I'm not suggesting anyone to register these now though, as there may be trademark issues, I'm not sure. Do it at your own risk.
    I'm not registering these myself either, my buying/registration quota is full for now :xf.smile:

Anyways, sales like these give me hope: perhaps one day, I will be that lucky one too! He he he :xf.cool:

If I take one lesson from this though, it'll be: patience is the key.

The domain CLUBHOUSE.COM was registered in 1997, sold to a genuine end user in 2021 - that's 24 years!

From the DNS History record, it doesn't look like it was ever used by any end user. So even though there may be reseller hand changes (I'm not sure), there were probably never any end user sales. That's not just luck - that's many things: intelligent investment, vision, patience and yeah, may be bit of luck too - I bet nobody had any idea in 1997 what ClubHouse.com will become in 2021, LOL. I guess that's why they say: "Fortune favors the brave"!

My congratulations to everyone involved in the acquisition & thanks for the post @James Iles

17. FMy

Interestingly, clubhouse.io (a project management software) is getting boost in the App Stores (iOS and Android) because of the popularity of Clubhouse.com social media app :xf.grin:

BTW, I'm still not in clubhouse.com app, can someone please DM me an invite! Thanks in advance :xf.smile:

18. AEProgram

clubhouse.com redirected to baseball.com (same owner) for most of the time it was registered (archive.org).

The last thing the owners thought was that this name will be purchased one day by a company that has a social audio app.

I have a domain with the word bagel in it (not going to spam it here), one company that inquired about it wanted it for a project that has nothing to do with bagels.

19. FMy

I agree with you.

Of course a little bit of luck here and there is always necessary for these kinds of sales. Having said that, clubhouse.com is a good name, the owner must have received multiple offers over the years. Holding onto something like that for 24 years, that's something. I would probably give up on a 50K+ offer long ago :xf.smile:

20. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  21. AEProgram

Some people here might be interested to know that on their landers there is no contact or make offer and their whois is from what I saw private. You could visit the DNS name digimedia to get their contact info.

A book called The Domain Game by David Kesmode talks about how they started and about domains in general.

My only guess would be that when you have domains like that you only want to see offers from people that put in a little effort to reach you. A buyer with money might also be more motivated to make a bigger offer if the name is not listed for sale.

22. swivelhips

swivelhips New Member

I am privy to the details of the sale, but not at liberty to discuss - but it was definitely an extremely profitable transaction.

23. swivelhips

swivelhips New Member

You are definitely correct - while not knowing what the value will end up being to an enduser, the vision to realize you may be sitting on virtual "Manhattan" land or "Wall Street" takes intelligence, luck and PATIENCE. They were definitely rewarded for their patience.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice