IT.COM

Cloudflare captcha false positives

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jurgen Wolf

standforUkraine.comTop Member
Impact
I get captcha even when I visit NamePros using fresh browser (without any cookies).
To skip this annoying procedure - I banned CloudFlareInsights.com in my dnsmasq.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get captcha even when I visit NamePros with fresh browser (without any cookies).
To skip this annoying procedure - I banned CloudFlareInsights in my dnsmasq.

That's unrelated. The captcha in question here isn't from Cloudflare and can't be bypassed if you intend to log in.

•••
I'm talking about the captcha: human or robot...
It asks me daily, when I turn on my PC and visit NamePros.
I banned it.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, this captcha is originated by CloudFlare.
I must confirm that I'm not a robot...
I must select all airplane pictures for example (1st popup), then it asks me to select them again (2nd popup)...
Then it allows me to visit NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, this captcha is originated by CloudFlare node.

That's not the one on the login form; I attached a screenshot of the login captcha. You can't block the one on the login form--it won't even try to authenticate you if you do.

You shouldn't be seeing a Cloudflare captcha, so I'd appreciate if you could DM me more info.

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-17_12-59-31.png
    upload_2021-9-17_12-59-31.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
•••
I have no complaints regarding your login captcha.
The annoying captcha is the only one by CloudFlareInsights.com
When you visit NamePros for the 1st time without cookies. At least from Ukraine.

Last edited:
•••
The annoying captcha is the only one by CloudFlareInsigts.com
When you visit NamePros for the 1st time without cookies. At least from Ukraine.

That shouldn't be happening, so I'd appreciate if you could DM me with details, such as when you last saw it. That sounds like a false positive.

Cloudflare Insights isn't related to the Cloudflare captcha anyway, and blocking it wouldn't have any effect. There's probably something else going on there. That's off-topic for this thread, though, so please DM me about it. I suspect there's an issue with one of our firewall rules that's meant to stop a particular attack from a UA datacenter; it's probably a bit too sensitive.

•••
And again...
I see it daily, if CloudFlareInsights.com domain is not banned.
When it is banned - this script doesn't execute, so I don't see it.

•••
Other reply moved to https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-may-have-had-a-major-breach.1252094/page-21#post-8397979

And again...
I see it daily, if CloudFlareInsights.com domain is not banned.
When it is banned - this script doesn't execute, so I don't see it.

That's probably just a coincidental correlation. I made a test firewall rule that will display the captcha if you visit https://www.namepros.com/?cloudflare-captcha-test=1. If you can bypass it without solving it or using Privacy Pass, something is very wrong. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain there's something else going on that's triggering a false positive, and I would very much appreciate if you would DM me, open a support request, or start a thread in the feedback forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I have nothing to add for you in DM.
All info is provided above.
Some script from CloudFlareInsights.com is executed when I visit NamePros after I turn on my PC.
It is also visible in Chromium Developer tools.
So I banned this domain/script.

•••
I have nothing to add for you in DM.
All info is provided above.
Some script from CloudFlareInsights.com is executed when I visit NamePros after I turn on my PC.
It is also visible in Chromium Developer tools.
So I banned this domain/script.

I can see that you were successfully presented with the captcha when you visited the link I posted previously.

If you'd like to contribute to security at NamePros, I would very much appreciate your help tweaking the firewall rule that's triggering when you visit NamePros with no cookies.

•••
Disconnect.me extension also blocks the mentioned script/tracker from CloudFlareInsights.com
No annoying human/robot captcha when I use this extension.
This is another way to skip it without ban at DNS level.

Last edited:
•••
I can see that you were successfully presented with the captcha when you visited the link I posted previously.

If you'd like to contribute to security at NamePros, I would very much appreciate your help tweaking the firewall rule that's triggering when you visit NamePros with no cookies.
1. Yes.
2. You may move all posts about this annoying captcha/tracker to another thread.

•••
2. You may move all posts about this annoying captcha/tracker to another thread.

Thanks. :)

I'd really appreciate your help making it less annoying--not just because false positives are annoying, but also because they're a sign that we may not be blocking attacks as effectively as we could be. Those particular firewall rules are meant to target very specific requests and should not be flagging humans under normal circumstances.

•••
@Paul
Today I got login captcha from start - just when I clicked "Log in or Sign up"...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back