Dynadot

Clever Tricks You Can Do With Google Alerts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It's really a useful tool, I recommend it. It basically does a Google search on your behalf as often as you wish and delivers it to your email inbox.

Google Alerts is one of the most powerful tools made available from our friends at Mountain View, but despite it’s huge potential it’s largely under-rated and doesn’t get the appreciation or the acknowledgement it deserves.

It’s been around for donkey’s years but is still in Beta, and the chances are you’re using it already in a simple way, perhaps to keep track of your own name to see whether there’s a Footballer in Spain with your name or a namesake who’s running for the local council.

You might even have it running for your companies brand name to keep tabs on any good or bad press you’re getting.

And if you aren’t doing either of those two things stop reading this article now (we’ll wait for you) and go and get that set up before you do anything else
Read more at the link below:

Code:
http://www.seoptimise.com/blog/2010/09/clever-tricks-you-can-do-with-google-alerts.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't found good usage of Google alert. Can you provide some scenario that it is useful? Tracking one's name is not that interesting.

•••
I think it could give you resources according to the keywords you need, that is hottest or latest.

•••
I haven't found good usage of Google alert. Can you provide some scenario that it is useful? Tracking one's name is not that interesting.

I am using Google alert. You can track your competitors and their activities. You can also get new useful resources from Google alert which get crawled by Google

•••
It's potentially a very valuable tool.

•••
thanks for that great info.

•••
Good read from that article posted.

Google alerts is a nifty tool for doing SEO work, gives an idea of trends and competition like everyone else said.

•••
Great for following a race horse and which races it will be targeting and betting the Ante post markets accordingly.

As an example i just found out the horse im following has nominated for the Breeders Cup.

Damn i think i just gave away a trade secret here!

•••
Back