IT.COM

sales Chinese Company's $1.79 Million Purchase of a 2-Letter .COM Tops This Week's Sales Chart

NameSilo
Watch
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. A blockbuster $1.79 million sale of a 2-letter .com to a Chinese company took the top spot on our latest weekly all extension Top 20 Sale Chart. That is also the second biggest domain sale reported so far this year. We also saw the year’s biggest ccTLD sale to date with that one coming just a week after another country code sale had set a new high water mark for that category.The non .com gTLDs also got into the act with that group posting one of its top 10 sales of the year to date. You can get all of the details here: https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2019/20190424.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
In the 2nd biggest domain sale reported so far this year Chinese company XAG has announced their acquisition of XA.com for Β₯12,000,000 ($1,794,152 at today's exchange rate).

Great reporting. Thanks for the detailed report. I think the price is very ideal for this name

Last edited:
•••
But I am curious why they decided to go for XA.com instead of XAG.com which is their actual name? Could it be they just wanted something shorter or XAG.COM isn't selling?

Last edited:
•••
•••
But I am curious why they decided to go for XA.com instead of XAG.com which is their actual name? Could it be they just wanted something shorter or XAG.COM isn't selling?

XAG ( former name: XAIRCRAFT) was founded in 2007 | So XAIRCRAFT = XA .

•••
•••
I think the seller got the best of that deal for sure!

•••
•••
•••
awesome! thanks, as well interesting is it worth it to pay that much for a domain?

•••
awesome! thanks, as well interesting is it worth it to pay that much for a domain?
Up to the company. But 2 letter domain names are rare and they make for a great internet presence and fame. I'd say it is worth it.

•••
Thanks for the detailed report

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back