Dynadot

China and Domain Names: My Prediction for 2016

NameSilo
Watch

STUART MALOFF

Established Member
Impact
My prediction for 2016 in the Chinese market.

Savvy investors will realize the rarity of N-N-N-L and L-N-N-N domains and they will steadily increase in value. Remember there are 26 letters and only 10 digits. Remove the vowels, the letter V, and the #4 and there are only about 18,000 of each type. That's rarer than a 5 number domain and almost as rare as a 3 letter domain. I'm not saying there are worth as much as those 2, but they should be worth much more than what they are currently selling for and are one of the few Chinese interest domains that are undervalued in my opinion. Time will tell. Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My two studies of current and next-generation leaders in corporate China, as mentioned in my blog post "Chinese domain market: the next 30 years", give me enormous confidence that 4C has great future in China, even though short term it may not be that hot. (Yes, I'm dropping some but keeping the best 4C for long term.)

Last edited:
•••
Hey Kassey Lee!

I have a handful 4c.coms Offers are increasing :)

What are your thoughts in the 4C .Club for the China market?
Cheers

•••
What are your thoughts in the 4C .Club for the China market?
In corporate China, I think .club can play a supporting role as membership club of a company, e.g. Alibaba.club to complement Alibaba.com. A 4C .club matching a 4C .com may be a good idea. As a standalone domain name, I don't know.

•••
•••
aren't there about 26000 lnnn and 26000 nnnl combos? For a total of 52000?

•••
•••
then you are talking 10240 each, or 20480 total

•••
I am surprised that nicer LNN.co and NLL.co don't sell more often.

•••
b168.com sold for $1,227 on tdnam today. s688.com sold for $1,505 on May 31. To me these are outstanding long term purchases, as these digital assets are rarer than 5 number domains and they are meaningful numbers proceeded by a liked letter. I know many individuals on this platform don't understand the value of these and continue to see 6 number .coms as better investments, but when you're talking a million 6 number domains vs about 10,000 of these chips, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see which are easier to acquire and which will be worth more in the long term. The recent success of NNL.com/LNN.com supports the long term play on these in my opinion.

•••
As per my last post in June, I will double down that b168.com was an outstanding purchase, as a very similar domain name, m168.com sold for $6,000 on Sedo. While, I would think buying a that domain for that much would be a mistake for an investor, the end user got a deal. I was in China a couple weeks this summer, and I think most Chinese would concur, that the next best number to 888 there is 168. I saw shops called 168 Hotel etc. It is a very powerful number and there are only 20 such names without vowels or v. I have had r168.com listed for $8,888 for a while. If any more of these sell for the same or more, I am raising it.
As for the rest of the LNNN.com/NNNL.com market, I can say inquiries are coming regularly. Hopefully this niche will become fruitful in the later part of this year into 2018. You can still buy these relatively inexpensively. They are speculative plays, but the upside is huge. They are much rarer than Chips and even rarer than pure 5 number domains.

•••
I have seen a lot of momentum with not only end user sales of LNNN.com/NNNL.com domains but also now investor auctions have gone way up to kick off the year. Here are some investor sales over the last few days (2018) all on TDnam.

b565.com $318
g977.com $228
b128.com $217
k798.com $216
j939.com $215
h398.com $210

If you go back to December 10, 518c.com sold for $1,171.
I mentioned m168.com sold for $6,000 in summer of 2017.
Also, LLNN/NNLL are also trending upward.

I think investors are finally coming to the realization that there are only 10,240 LNNN.com chips meaning no 4s or 0s or vowels or v and another 10,240 of LNNN with the same criteria. 8x8x8x20

There are 32,768 5 number chips 8x8x8x8x8 These have made a resurgence, yet they are 3 times more plentiful than their hybrid counterparts alluded to above. Even when you combine both 4 character hybrids, they are much rarer than 5 number domains.

When you do the math, getting these at $200 and change is an absolute deal compared to thousands for 5 number domains chips.

My prediction may have taken a couple years to marinate, but I think finally these will get the traction they should in 2018.

•••
Today, p599.com sold to what I assume is another investor on TDNam.com for $366. Domainers who do not follow this niche may assume it is a lot, but in reality it could very well be a steal as these are steadily going up in value. The chips with doubles of the LNNN.com niche are even harder to come by than the normal LNNN.com and NNNL.com chips. I have seen fewer of these drop each day, so the demand for each one dropping has increased.
It will be interesting to see if this momentum continues.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back