IT.COM

sales s138.com sells for $4,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

STUART MALOFF

Established Member
Impact
I recently closed a sale for $4,000 with Domain Name Sales brokering for the domain name, s138.com.

As I alluded to more than 6 months ago, these kinds of domains are very under valued. They are much rarer than 5 or 6 number domains as well as the ever discussed CHIPs.

If I calculated correctly there are 160,000 LLLL CHIPS- 20x20x20x20
There are 262,144 Six Number CHIPs 8x8x8x8x8x8
There are 32,768 Five number CHIPS- 8x8x8x8x8

There are only 10,240 LNNN CHIPs 8x8x8x20
There are only 10,240 NNNL CHIPs 8x8x8x20

Please let me know if I am doing this incorrectly but according to my calculations, even when you combine both types of 3 numbers with 1 letter, they are still much rarer than even 5 number CHIPS which start at about $2,000. The types of domains I am discussing can be bought below $100 at this point in time on the drop.

A huge percentage of LNNN/NNNL domains are developed in China, so logic tells me at some point, these domains will heat up in the same way CHIPS did. The difference being, there are way more CHIPs available than these diamonds in the rough, so the ceiling is higher, as shown with my latest sale.

We will know down the road if this sale is an aberration or a sign of things to come, but I am bullish on these even if the price goes way up.

I normally do not discuss any of my sales on blogs, but believe this one may shed some new light on an area of the Chinese market that is rarely discussed, but perhaps should be.

A lot of people are bullish on NNLL/LLNN domains as well. I concur, but the NNNL/LNNN are still much rarer than those. If the letters have meaning such as Chinese surnames like Li/Wu/Xu then they may be worth even more than the ones I alluded to above. If not, I believe the rarity of the 3 number, 1 letter domains will have the most potential for future sales.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You held the one he wanted, the best way to get a sale

•••
Congrats on the sale. I personally thnk.it is always a waiting game to get sales of such domains. My BJ2838 gets hits from China a lot:)

•••
Very interesting, I'm learning a lot now.

•••
Congrats on sale. we also have some domains like e262.com for sale.

•••
Congrats. Thanks for sharing the info.

I also noticed my CHIP domains receiving a lot of type-in traffic from China.
686c.com
866632.com
zbbj.net
xwf.co
and the likes.

Probably it's bounce-back time for CHIP?!

•••
Brand Blooms, I love the Bei Jing domains. Those have been popular for a long time. Thanks Domain Store, I think we are all constantly learning about the Chinese market. 19 Domain, I think the numerics attached to a vowel are undervalued. They may not be part of a Chip, but most Chinese last names have a vowel, so they are not so bad. Joystal, all of your domains have potential. If the right end user comes around, there is no reason why you can't get 4 digits for 686c.com, s 6 and 8 are arguably the best 2 numbers in China.

•••
I was happy to grab 25bj and bj03 in the king over the last year

•••
Joystal, all of your domains have potential. If the right end user comes around, there is no reason why you can't get 4 digits for 686c.com, s 6 and 8 are arguably the best 2 numbers in China.

Only heavy type-in traffic. No offers.
Let's hope for the best.

•••
Other inquiries which have come in recently all from China include the following domain names:

g158.com
772f.com
118r.com
298k.com
689k.com
880n.com
f820.com
r382.com
965x.com

It's nice to see there is interest in these types of domains that have no 8s or include 0s. It's also intriguing that there is a balance of interest with domains starting with and ending with a letter.Let's see what happens with these type of domains in the months and years to come.
What is getting my attention is that since the .com versions of these are gone, other extensions such as .net and .co are being used in websites such as s138.co. That can only help the future values of these types of .coms.
If any of you are at the conference in China, please ask what they think. of these long term :)

•••
Congrats. i love the LNNN and premium LNNNN.com names like e1996.com. received several offers from Chinese domainers though it is a LNNNN.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks! I also noticed that LNNNN and NNNNL are starting to be developed as well. There are also many LLNNN and NNNLL domains that are developed into websites in China. All of this can only enhance the value of LNNN, NNNL, LLNN and NNLL domains.

•••
•••
A wonderful deal congrats, do you guyz see any value in names like C88.ch

•••
Thanks. I do not know much about ch, but love the c88!

•••
A wonderful deal congrats, do you guyz see any value in names like C88.ch
Can be a lottery sometimes, I have had no interest on my c888.tv ...... who knows?

•••
I think 4 characters or less is a good length, beyond that there are so many possibilities

Last edited:
•••
HireDomains- I don't think tv is a favorite in China. They do not like vs for some reason, but the c888 is great. I also like 5 characters if the letters or a city code or last name and the numbers are a nice combination.

•••
HireDomains- I don't think tv is a favorite in China. They do not like vs for some reason, but the c888 is great. I also like 5 characters if the letters or a city code or last name and the numbers are a nice combination.
We get so many conflicted news on China, if they want to get into the Vr stuff they are going to have to live with the V's

•••
Can be a lottery sometimes, I have had no interest on my c888.tv ...... who knows?
Nice Name I do have BS888.cc, according to @Kassey Lee BS could mean Gems 888 .cc, although no interest from any buyer but ya who knows

•••
Back