NameSilo

Thoughts on Chinese domains after the China stock market dives 7%

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I recently read somewhere that because the Shanghai index is rising that the "faucet" of chinese numerics and pinying domain buyers will "dry up" because chinese domain investors would quit investing in domains and go back to their stock markets for more stable investments. This was the "prediction". Don't ask me where I read it. I forgot to save it for posterity. But it was a woman who wrote it I remember. A "supposed" expert. It was her 2016 prediction.

But low and behold, check out the news:

So what does this mean? Well to me it sounds like the DOOM AND GLOOM being predicted about the "Chinese Domain Boom" would dry up and people would be left "holding the bag" on their domains which they registered for the purpose of selling to a chinese market.
I'd like the experts on here to give their 2 cents. Let's discuss!
So looking at this news. Actually when has China ever shutdown their stock market? I'm sure they were afraid there would be a "run" on Chinese people taking their investments out of the Chinese Stock Market.

I would love to hear from the experts since I am not one.

Happy New Year Everyone. Good luck in your domaining in 2016!

Related: Chinese stocks crash again: Impact on domain market

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm working on an app right now like weedmaps with a different twist. I hear weedmaps.com earns $18 million a year since inception.

Careful, Apple has blocked most "weed" related apps. If allowed they will only work in states were weed is legal.
Google is more acceptable in this field.

•••
Sorry, I cant publish the names of domains as they were part of undiscovered chip category ;)
They might never become popular as some other categories, but they might too :)

Thanks for hemp comment. I should advertise them at German market as many of them are in German, but I don't have time. I cant give you correct appraisal of your domains as I actually don't know much about this hemp industry, but you can try in this thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/sh...cannabis-domains.777011/page-331#post-5206246

Hey Mitok thanks lot
Careful, Apple has blocked most "weed" related apps. If allowed they will only work in states were weed is legal.
Google is more acceptable in this field.

WoW! thanks for the info! might have to rethink it.
my developer is working on the android app right now
will have to do like a GPS work around for the Apple
so it won't work where it's not supposed to be used?

•••
Sorry, I cant publish the names of domains as they were part of undiscovered chip category ;)
They might never become popular as some other categories, but they might too :)

Thanks for hemp comment. I should advertise them at German market as many of them are in German, but I don't have time. I cant give you correct appraisal of your domains as I actually don't know much about this hemp industry, but you can try in this thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/sh...cannabis-domains.777011/page-331#post-5206246

hey Mitok thanks for referring me to that other thread about marijuana. They mentioned the word Vape over there and started the creative juices flowing and just reggeded

LeafVape.com

Interesting enough VapeLeaf.com is owned by Japan Tobacco International

•••
also regged just now.
GrassDope.com
DopeGrass.com
HashDope.com
DopeHash.com
JointPot.com
JointDope.com
VapeDope.com
PotHemp.com
DopeHemp.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back