Dynadot

advice Chairman of Crypto coin company reached out to me on a LinkedIn!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey guys.

I'm like you guys. We invest. And most of our investments never pan out. Wasted money but every now and then we get lucky as hello right?

So I'm on LinkedIn . Have over 14,500+ connections.

The chairman of a $72 million marketcap company reached out to me to connect.

Innocent enough . I accept pretty much anyone and get like 10-15 connection requests daily. Mostly people trying to sell me a service or product or wanting to promo their stuff.

I charge $100-$250 per blast to share their stuff.

So backstory I registered a "chain" domain in King.

Didn't mind it. Though it was a bad reg really.
Like what would it be for?

Can't really say the name now because I think this whale is gonna make an offer.

I find out this whale is the chairman of a company with the exact match name for my domain except his is in .io.

Wooooooooooooooow!

I connected now and just checked now.

It's got over $50 million market cap but under $100 million. Price of coin is in pennies though.

They registered the .net and .org.

Oh and someone reached out to me via my whois email asking for price for the coin.

I said make an offer. Did not think anything of it.

Why the hell did I not bother checking the name of my domain on Google like I did just now?

Seems as though this coin just opened up shop recently.

So yea those are the specifics as much as I can say right now.

So......what do you think guys? How much should I price this damn thing? Lol

I was gonna say $1 mill and call it a day? Or no?

Don't want to blow the deal being greedy.

He'll probably offer me coins. Should I accept?

If you want to know the name of the domain pm me.

Nice way to wake up in the morning right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right place, right time and of course, the right name!

Just a thought:

If the whale wants to buy the name why not ask Moby for both traditional cash and representative coins?

Might (?) turn out to be a heck - of - a deal for you!

•••
Domain dreams do come true.. hope it does to you as well..

Best wishes..

•••
Hey you've lcuked out :)

PM me the name pls. I have a couple "chain" domains and want to check how they compare !

•••
Hey guys.

I'm like you guys. We invest. And most of our investments never pan out. Wasted money but every now and then we get lucky as hello right?

So I'm on LinkedIn . Have over 14,500+ connections.

The chairman of a $72 million marketcap company reached out to me to connect.

Innocent enough . I accept pretty much anyone and get like 10-15 connection requests daily. Mostly people trying to sell me a service or product or wanting to promo their stuff.

I charge $100-$250 per blast to share their stuff.

So backstory I registered a "chain" domain in King.

Didn't mind it. Though it was a bad reg really.
Like what would it be for?

Can't really say the name now because I think this whale is gonna make an offer.

I find out this whale is the chairman of a company with the exact match name for my domain except his is in .io.

Wooooooooooooooow!

I connected now and just checked now.

It's got over $50 million market cap but under $100 million. Price of coin is in pennies though.

They registered the .net and .org.

Oh and someone reached out to me via my whois email asking for price for the coin.

I said make an offer. Did not think anything of it.

Why the hell did I not bother checking the name of my domain on Google like I did just now?

Seems as though this coin just opened up shop recently.

So yea those are the specifics as much as I can say right now.

So......what do you think guys? How much should I price this damn thing? Lol

I was gonna say $1 mill and call it a day? Or no?

Don't want to blow the deal being greedy.

He'll probably offer me coins. Should I accept?

If you want to know the name of the domain pm me.

Nice way to wake up in the morning right?

Nice, I hope you can make the sale.

And no don't ask 1 Million dollars, it is like asking 2% of the company...

Since you already said you thought it was not a good domain for you, you would be more than happy for 75K+ right?

if you let them offer you a price probably they will offer less than you expect.

So get ready for all the options, don't get too greedy but don't miss this chance either.

It might be your last time for a 50 Million dollar company approaching you for one of the domains you own.

Best of luck

•••
Also probably you might want to renew it for at least 5 years.

Don't let them wait for the expiration time ...

•••
It is only worth so much to them, many of us have dealt with billion dollar companies with 3-4 figure offers capped out.

Every situation is different, my guess is worh $1M you blow him out of the water, and offend the deal, be realistic on a hand reg. Open at a 5 figure range, and give the deal a chance.

•••
Good luck. Sounds promising!

•••
@Avtar629 Wow, great!
It probably would make sense; that with such a customer; to meet in person and go to a business lunch or dinner. You could play your cards better if everybody is sitting at the table.
First of all you have to make a plan and stick to it. That means scenario A (you get what you want) and at least one backup scenario if things go in a direction you don't like. In any way you MUST close the deal!

Wish you all the best!(y)

•••
Here's an update just discovered right now a huge Chinese company ($11 billion market cap) publicly announced it has patented a product that coincidentally branded under the same name?

But it's a different goods and services all together from the crypto I mentioned .

Do I see a bidding war in the horizon ? Lol

Oh man what a way to wake up in the morning !

•••
This awesome!! Congrats!! Good Luck

•••
Now I can't wait to see how this spans out(y)

•••
Me:
*grabs popcorn*

*watches thread*

:wideyed:(y)

•••
•••
how can you possibly blow it
if the NNEEEDD it

In business prespective:

This is actually not a "need" they have their web presence at .io also own 2 more extensions

It would more likely be a "want".

•••
In business prespective:

This is actually not a "need" they have their web presence at .io also own 2 more extensions

It would more likely be a "want".

thats exactly why they need it

•••
thats exactly why they need it
trust me end user never thinks like a domainer.

There is a crypto platform called cex io they are pretty big in thies field, huge volumes are traded in daily basis. they don't have the .com version and they make pretty well amount of money.

•••
Be Bold,tell them you expect a reasonable 5 figure up and then counter .Stay Positive and believe you already made the sale.Go with you guts.You were creative to get the name so this is your time to shine.

Best of Luck.

Last edited:
•••
trust me end user never thinks like a domainer.

There is a crypto platform called cex io they are pretty big in thies field, huge volumes are traded in daily basis. they don't have the .com version and they make pretty well amount of money.

my experience differs

•••
•••
I hope it all works out.

Often these deep pockets don't want to spend.

I wouldn't have posted about it until it was 100% complete, as companies have a way of finding you and keeping an eye on your thought process if you make it public.

Good luck, I hope it pans out!

•••

Last edited:
•••
I hope it all works out.

Often these deep pockets don't want to spend.

I wouldn't have posted about it until it was 100% complete, as companies have a way of finding you and keeping an eye on your thought process if you make it public.

Good luck, I hope it pans out!

This is good advice, and that is the reason I PMed @Avtar629 about my mistake and mentioned not to do the same.
I don't want to mention my mistake as they could possibly come back to me, you never know, so I'll zip it lol.

Last edited:
•••
he doesn't need it... he just wants it to complete his monopoly of properties

ask for his best cash offer. and have him give you some of his coins too

•••
My suggestion: Be prepared to say no if the offer is bad. Execs hate to be told no. You can say it politely and say "we're probably not a good fit. But, thanks for your inquiry." Do this over the phone-make the email about setting up a phone call. But, I also agree not to get too greedy. Look for the DomainSherpa with the Uniregistry employee that brokers deals-it was a great primer on how to work a deal. He gets them talking about how they plan on using the name. And for God sakes, don't start spending the money in your head or worse, spend prematurely. It will F with your negotiation skills.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back