NameSilo

Certification Company Scam or...??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sachy555

Account Closed
Impact
I got mail from UK lady that she saw my domain name ScotlandScotch at Sedo. She is domain broker and said she has Client well known investor form Canada want to buy your domain at $15,000. But before buy my client want Certificate for tax and accounting purpose. Certificate of Independent valuation of the market price and trademark infringement verification. She also gives me link of one website where I get these certificates. When I checked that link they said certification cost $199 per domain. Lady said her commission will be 5% after the deal.

I replied lady that whole world know that scotch is born and bought in the Scotland. And Scotch.com is own by Diageo Plc the Liquor tycoon in the world. So you can imagine Brand Value of this premium domain. So you buy this certificate on my behalf. I will pay you 10% after the deal and forward you other premium domains. As she said she work for well known company so I also told her mail me from your company mail id and do not use Gmail id.

It’s been 7 days now, Lady disappears. No reply.

I want to know .. Is this Scam of Certification Companies …? OR I missed the deal.

Thanks in Advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oldest scam in the book. Countless threads posted here about it.

•••
When i was new to domaining(mar 2015), it was 80 usd for certifiction. Now they increased the price to 199 usd.
Great Scam.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back