Dynadot

.cc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys,

Can somebody explain to me the potential of .CC domains?

Thank you. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nevermind...I though u were asking something else

Last edited:
•••
•••
.CC Is OK With Me!

Designporte said:
Can somebody explain to me the potential of .CC domains?

Much potential with the "credit card" connotation. Big M owns creditcards.cc; they're using it to forward to a .COM story @ MSNBC but I have a feeling that they have other plans for the name.

Personally, I have great faith in .CC and I've invested both time and resources in the TLD. Sites that are doing well for me include:

BalanceTransfer.cc
StudentCreditCards.cc
StudentCreditCard.cc
BusinessCreditCards.cc
BusinessCreditCard.cc
PrepaidCreditCards.cc
PrepaidCreditCard.cc
SecuredCreditCards.cc
SecuredCreditCard.cc

The balance transfer site is the flagship of my .CC fleet as it ranks very well in Y! for some nice keywords.

I also have:

AdultFriendFinder.cc

Which I am marketing as the Adult Friend Finder Country Club. I'm still developing it, but it has recently starting doing well in the SERP's so I am also expecting great things for this domain.

I also have a googlesearch site @:

InternetExplorer. cc

and I am developing a couple of moviedownload sites:

MovieDownloads.cc
MovieDownload.cc

So, as you can tell, I like .CC and I think it has a great future. Hope you found this post useful.

AmCy

•••
Here's the information I know about .CC

It is a ccTLD (Country Code Top Level Domain) no matter what anyone tells you. Originally a ccTLD of The Cocos [Islands], was bought by Verisign (in 1999, I believe) and made into a globally registerable domain name registry. Although .CC does not represent any acronym in particular (like .ws supposedly represents website and .tv represent... errmm ..... TV), it can be used with any type of domain name. I think if you were to buy a .CC domain name, you should go for a credit card, something that you can relate to the extension if possible.

If you happen to be buying a .CC because the name you wanted a gTLD (Global Top Level Domain aka .com, .net, .org etc.) and all have been taken, by all means go for a .CC.

If you had picked the .CC by lack of knowledge of other domain name extensions, take a trip to http://www.domaindiscount24.com. You can search a number of ccTLD's, some, that you might find more appealing than .CC depending on your subject matter and price.

As for the future of .CC, I honestly cannot say it will go up any further. With the advent of .ws and .tv, a less "commercialized" domain such as .CC will continue to drop. In saying that its popularity is being cut by other commercialized ccTLD's, the possible chances of finding a domain that you want could potentially be higher.

My Recommendations:
1. Think of a name you want.
2. Search it on http://www.domaindiscount24.com
3. If a .com/.net is available in the name you want - REGISTER IT
4. If it is not, take a look at the prices - nothing says that you have to get the names through DD24, but it is a good research tool I have used (whether it was meant to be or not)

My Top 5 Opinionated CCTLD Rankings

1. .co.uk
2. .ca
3. .de
4. .us
5. .com.au

RISING STAR ----> .RU
Be on the watch for .RU domain names, its economy is starting (well, its well on its way) to boom, and there are a lor of good domain names left. You might be enticed by by a .SU domain name, I recommend against it. To register a .RU (http://www.nic.ru/en/index.html).

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to get back to me through this thread, so we can share what we know through the NP community.

-Steve :D

•••
stscac said:
My Top 5 Opinionated CCTLD Rankings[/U]
1. .co.uk
2. .ca
3. .de
4. .us
5. .com.au

.US easily trumps .CA. Easily.

:D

As always, IMO.

AmCy

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
.US easily trumps .CA. Easily.

:D

As always, IMO.

AmCy
haha - not to take ground that isnt truely

.com is the US's tld. just like the US's government websites fall under .gov, not .gov.us

:imho: of course :o

Once Again,
-Steve

•••
Thanks to both of you, that's been very, very useful.

A bit off topic. What you think of the .EU future?

•••
Designporte said:
A bit off topic. What you think of the .EU future?

Great potential, but I have no passion for the TLD since I don't have a legal address within the EU group of countries.

Judging by the way the currency and constitution are going over there, maybe the EU won't become a reality after all D-: D-: D-:

AmCy

•••
Aha, I thought everyone is allowed to pre-register these names.

•••
Designporte said:
Aha, I thought everyone is allowed to pre-register these names.

I might be wrong but my understand is that it's for EU residents only.

AmCy

•••
Thank you anyway, I'll try to make sure of this. Because I see a lot of great potential names that are still available, they would be very nice for development in the future.

•••
As for EU...

www.AmCy.org said:
I might be wrong but my understand is that it's for EU residents only.

AmCy
You are correct - check out this FAQ directly from the EURid website.
http://www.eurid.eu/faq/registrars#faqb2a28ae82db3af8987ee52b3ca2a7931 said:
Who is entitled to register a .eu domain name?
The EC Regulation No 733/2002 of 22 April 2002 on the implementation of the .eu Top Level Domain determines who will be allowed to apply for a .eu domain name.

The following categories of companies, organisations and individuals will be able to register a .eu domain:

• undertakings having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the European Community;
  • organisations established within the European Community without prejudice to the application of national law;
  • natural persons resident within the European Community.
As for pre registration...:
www.eurid.eu said:
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NOT YET POSSIBLE TO REGISTER OR PRE-REGISTER A .EU DOMAIN NAME WITH EURid AND THERE ARE NO ACCREDITED REGISTRARS FOR .EU.
Registrars are still taking pre-registrations, based on the fact that they believe that they will become accredited registrars of the tld.

As you may have noticed, the official EURid website went from .org to .EU. This is because the EU TLD has been added to the root zone.

http://www.circleid.com/print/1006_0_1_0/ said:
On March 23rd, 2005, ICANN announced that they had approved an agreement earlier that week with EURid to have .eu added to the root zone
Some places I would trust to pre-register a .eu domain name (although all these places are not currently pre-registering at the moment, the ones with a "*" are):

Check out the EURid timetable for registration, especially if your company wants to protect a trademark

Hope this is a help!

-Steve

•••
Very helpful, thank you Steve! :)

•••
I like .cc but I just grabbed a .cc name and the overture is 6.5 million..yes you read right..up ther almost with sex but then was told while trying to sell
"well its a .cc and unless its a .com .net or .org it wont get traffic" .

well if thats the case why are say sex.cc and sex.bz taken?

hey if you are gonna market a name then do it with 6.5 million ovt right?

exactly...

I was stoked also have a .bz with same term...and 2 .names

Well if it was a com it would have a nice chunk of cash..but just cause its a .cc its not good to some and some .com is better because it is a com but hey look it has an overture of 100,000....so what...these names are worth something and someone will come along and grab em.. if not I will develop
and make them something sweet.

check out ovt. on "freemovie" "freemovies"

Oh the names I have are freemovie.cc, freemovies.bz and freemovie.name and freemovies.name....

I like .CC and eventually they will have more value to people once there are no more top tlds left and my names will be worth a good amount, but I do love .coms the most

•••
Yup

maxima said:
hey if you are gonna market a name then do it with 6.5 million ovt right?

Yup, my thinking as well. That's why I have InternetExplorer.cc and freemovie.ws, etc. Check out the OVT on "Internet Explorer" :o D-: :o D-:

:hehe:

If you see an opportunity to grab a great keyword/keyphrase name then you should go for it. IMO, anything with an OVT that is higher than 1,000,000 is a pretty good bet.

AmCy

•••
odd thing it now says at ovt. 2.5 million for free game....

whats going on here...I dont know about this keyword / overture philosophy.

I am a believer in seo regardless of what ext.

I see many .ws and such reanked in top ten at google so.

I realize there may not be as much type in but I type a term in google bar not in url bar.

•••
maxima said:
I am a believer in seo regardless of what ext.
That is a very good thing to be. But some extensions are automatically ranked lower in the chain, unfortunatley. But not enough to keep them off the Top 10 rankings at search engines.

Good luck with all your endeavours

-Steve

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back