NameSilo

.us Category 3 Nexus

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello

I hope some of you can enlight me about those doubts, im a non us-citizen webmaster and i promote some sites for the US Market, i found an interesting .us domain name and i started to read about the regulations to register them, so:

Does offering services/products through the internet qualify for Category 3 Nexus?

and, How to apply and get a certification to ensure i wont have anybody claiming those domains after a time?

Best Regards :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your best bet would be to set up a business entity in one of the states (e.g. an LLC). It would cost you around $300-1,000 depending on the attorney you use, but would be well worth the cost if you plan on doing business in the .us marketplace as it will keep your domains safer.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Your best bet would be to set up a business entity in one of the states (e.g. an LLC). It would cost you around $300-1,000 depending on the attorney you use, but would be well worth the cost if you plan on doing business in the .us marketplace as it will keep your domains safer.

Thats The best way i would say,

I had my Forms/Documents from the company within 2 business days,

All Legal now :)

If you want there details send me a pm,

I think it was $275 all in (simplest form but thats all you need)

They act as your registered agent and provide you with an address that will be in the US.

•••
Thx for ur answer fellas, already repped you both.

As it was for just 3 domains i needed for a project i asked an old friend of mine (not in the domain biz ^_^) to open a GD account and i keep them there with his legal data as registrant.

Anycase if its possible VirusDetails.com PM the that info as i would probably need to open an US bank account and all the banks i contacted said i must be in the states to open one, maybe having a business entity will make me qualify for that if i need to.

Best regards.

•••
fonzie_007 said:

:hi: fonzie,

The Name Severs also have to be in the US so choice of Hosting company and/or Parking company is important.

Patrick

•••
tricolorro said:
:hi: fonzie,

The Name Severs also have to be in the US so choice of Hosting company and/or Parking company is important.

Patrick
Technically that is true, but I have not seen them enforce this provision yet.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Technically that is true, but I have not seen them enforce this provision yet.

Yes.

"You pays your money and you takes your chances".

Patrick

•••
Usually it is the countries with heavy Internet censorship like Tunisia that have requirements that the name servers be located on their territory. Speaks volume about the inept management of the .us namespace :(

•••
The name server issue has come up before and the documentation provided by the registry is not consistent regarding that requirement. The bottom line on enforcement of that particular issue is that nexus rules allow for corrections to be made in a certain amount of time after notification of a dispute and as changing name servers is an easy correction, I can not imagine that will ever be the cause of a lost domain.

•••
Thx again for all the tips you are sharing in this thread, im sure it will be usefull for more peoples interested in the .us domains.

Fortunally i will host them with godaddy, so i guess they will be safe with an american registrant, american registry company and american hosting....... just in case i will add some stars and stripes to the layout ^_^

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back