NameSilo

Catchy name etc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

Is it advisable to buy a .com name of six letters, simply because it sounds "catchy"?

While I'm here; When a .com name is secured, is it worth getting .net etc?

Thanks to all who reply.

charbar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hard to answer both questions. Would that catchy name be for a company you were starting? I could see someone buying the name if it's very catchy but it's hard to determine without knowing the name. On the other hand, you're only risking like $8 and could make a lot more if you're right about the name.

Second question depends on the name. If you can find some nice .com unregistered and .net then I don't see why you shouldn't register both. If the .com is just okay and seeing as .net sell for a lot less, then I'm not sure it would be wise to get the .net

Hope that helps,
-Addy

•••
1. Depending on the name, I say register it. OK, I am not an expert... but I think if it is catchy (ie: people are likely to remember it, its a sensible name and it sounds good) then get it, someone is bound to like it.

2. I think, if you are domain newbie just stick with one extention. What you have to ask yourself though is - why aren't any of the extentions taken?

If it is your first time, I say go for it. My first time I went for it, and I failed miserably, but it would have been no different eitherway. You seem to sound like you have a decent name, so try it and see.

Practice makes Perfect! :)

•••
yeah thats tough to ask for if you should buy a name or not. You dont want to tell others afraid they might reg it be4 u lol =]

go w/ ur instincts!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back