NameSilo

domains Novelties.com: Would you buy a six figure domain advertised on CNN?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
While reading an article on CNN about red fire ants, an ad about the domain name Novelties.com popped up.
The article is obviously unrelated to domain names. Why would a six figure domain name be advertised on general news media?
Read More.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bet 70percent people dont even know what novelties is. just think back on your own life and how often used it in a convo. invest elsewhere. this is shite

•••
You're in the domain business. Maybe you even visited SquadHelp. That's why you saw the ad. A 70 year old grandmother looking for recipes and then visiting CNN, isn't going to see that ad.

•••
You're in the domain business. Maybe you even visited SquadHelp. That's why you saw the ad. A 70 year old grandmother looking for recipes and then visiting CNN, isn't going to see that ad.
Yup, and that's called retargeting campaigns.

Last edited:
•••
Not surprised! That's the beauty of cookies! We read, write, share, browse, and discuss topics related to domain names. Hence, relevant ads on unrelated websites! You/We have been identified as potential buyers of domain names.

Why six figures? Now, when you see a vegetarian tiger, it will definitely be discussed among tiger lovers! Similarly, now this topic has been raised by you and is being discussed by domainers and investors! Maybe as satire! But still, I think it reached exactly the targeted audience. They may even reduce their prices. You mentioned you were reading an article about fire ants, yet they tracked you down through their tracking technologies and showed you their ads. Well Done!

•••
There are thousands of six-figure domains, but how often do you see them sell? Don't get me wrong, I could see this going for six-figures to the right end-user. But good luck finding that end-user.

•••
There are thousands of six-figure domains, but how often do you see them sell? Don't get me wrong, I could see this going for six-figures to the right end-user. But good luck finding that end-user.
Bro Idiot GIF

Go higher to 7, 8 ... :ROFL:

Agree on 200%
More figures less sales, it's simple :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Imagine my shock to learn that the domainwang writer reads CNN.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back