Dynadot

auctions Castro just died & Fidel.com sold for $16K one week before

NameSilo
Watch
Fidel.com sold for $16K last Friday on Snapnames (1 week before Castro's death) I'm thinking it may be worth less (then it could have been) now that he is dead, hard to say, but not the usual case.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fidel Castro is dead; this doesn't mean all "Fidel" should be dead too! :'(

•••
Castro may not be the only fidel in the world, no?

•••
A quick search on google does not come up with any others...

Last edited:
•••
Fidel.com sold for $16K last Friday on Snapnames (1 week before Castro's death)

One could assume the stress of a missed catch contributed to his death. Maybe he fell asleep during the auction? ;)

•••
If diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Cuba are more open there could be significant investment in Cuba and possibly an opportunity for Cuba-related domains. However the best combinations have likely already been registered. My

•••
raulcastro.com is available at this moment, don't know how long.

•••
raul is his brother he replaced himself with.

•••
Better idea to reg ripfidel.com now:lookaround:

•••
•••
Fidel.com seems dropped and captured recently.

•••
•••
•••
oh I meant the diacritical mark domain -
RaúlCastro.com

the proper way.

•••
Wow talk about bad timing, wonder what it would have went for after he died?

•••
•••
What a waste of 16 grand!

Not saying I disagree, but what should first name .com sell for?

Obviously popularity is key, but uniqueness has to count for something? I don't personally know anybody named Jarvis, but I imagine Jarvis would sell for more than $16k given the AI from Iron Man. >> Apparently it's owned by somebody with the last name Jarvis, and he won't sell "unless you're willing to pay an insane amount of money"

According to NameBio, Katie.com sold for $62k via Sedo in 2008. Then, at the 2016 NamesCon auction powered by NameJet for $30k.

Last edited:
•••
Not saying I disagree, but what should first name .com sell for?

Obviously popularity is key, but uniqueness has to count for something? I don't personally know anybody named Jarvis, but I imagine Jarvis would sell for more than $16k given the AI from Iron Man. >> Apparently it's owned by somebody with the last name Jarvis, and he won't sell "unless you're willing to pay an insane amount of money"

According to NameBio, Katie.com sold for $62k via Sedo in 2008. Then, at the 2016 NamesCon auction powered by NameJet for $30k.
You're definitely right that any first name should be worth at least 16 grand but a name with such a negative connotation I could never imagine it being used as a brand. I'm sure there are many in other parts of the world that never heard of him so maybe I'm just overanalyzing it.

•••
How would you monetize Fidel.com ?

•••
This is a first name of tens of thousands of people across the world.

First names sell for decent $$$.

•••
Fidel isn't that common though.
It's not common, like Carlos or Jose.
$16,000 = a lot of money

•••
Fidel isn't that common though.
It's not common, like Carlos or Jose.
$16,000 = a lot of money
Is that what your grade school told you?

•••
Fidel.com seems dropped and captured recently.

Is there a way to find out if thr name was owned by a domainer before it got dropped?

•••
Is that what your grade school told you?
To me it's a lot of money. Yes.
It doesn't mean anything. It's an uncommon name.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back