Dynadot

auctions Castro just died & Fidel.com sold for $16K one week before

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Fidel.com sold for $16K last Friday on Snapnames (1 week before Castro's death) I'm thinking it may be worth less (then it could have been) now that he is dead, hard to say, but not the usual case.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
fidel.cloud can now be used for his biography now.

•••
•••
•••
Yeah, how would you monetize such name?
Different people different objectives. Yours might be to monetize. Others may see a different reason to acquire this domain.

•••
Different people different objectives. Yours might be to monetize. Others may see a different reason to acquire this domain.
I see.
Thanks for sharing.

•••
What a waste of 16 grand!
Not saying I disagree, but what should first name .com sell for?

Obviously popularity is key, but uniqueness has to count for something? I don't personally know anybody named Jarvis, but I imagine Jarvis would sell for more than $16k given the AI from Iron Man. >> Apparently it's owned by somebody with the last name Jarvis, and he won't sell "unless you're willing to pay an insane amount of money"

According to NameBio, Katie.com sold for $62k via Sedo in 2008. Then, at the 2016 NamesCon auction powered by NameJet for $30k.
This is a first name of tens of thousands of people across the world.
First names sell for decent $$$.
Fidel isn't that common though.
It's not common, like Carlos or Jose.
$16,000 = a lot of money

Hey guys - just an update on this thread subset - NameBio recently added a subcategory to categorize given name HERE <or> Select > Category: Other SubCategory: Given Names

upload_2017-1-21_16-37-4.png

As you can see, Fidel.com is the highest selling FirstName.com of the last 10 reported sales. The exception being Walker.com, which is more popular as a last name than first name.

Other 5L+ FirstName.com sales sold in 2016 @ 16k+ include:
upload_2017-1-21_16-43-33.png

Current NamesCon / NJ FirstName.com auction prices:

upload_2017-1-21_16-46-42.png

upload_2017-1-21_16-47-41.png

upload_2017-1-21_16-48-16.png

•••
•••
Thoughts on "Cuba Hotels" Cuba.com and if there are stores in Havana that accept cryptocurrency?

If diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Cuba are more open there could be significant investment in Cuba and possibly an opportunity for Cuba-related domains. However the best combinations have likely already been registered. My

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back