IT.COM

question Can Someone Buy My Domain Without My Consent?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cts

Established Member
Impact
Hey there, guys!

That question might seem dump.. but I've got to ask it.

I've bought domains, and I noticed that some of them are still listed on websites like Dan.com, Afternic.. etc.. because the previous owners forgot to remove the listings, which often happens.

So my question is - if someone wanted to buy one of my domains through these listings that haven't been removed by the previous owners, would I lose my domain?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Curtys

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course not. Contact their support to update information about such domains.

•••
Of course not. Contact their support to update information about such domains.
Thank you for your reply. But how do transfers work on such platforms? Isn't the transfer of domains when someone buy one automatic? I thought it worked with DNS

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for your reply. But how do transfers work on such platforms? Isn't the transfer of domains when someone buy one automatic? I thought it worked with DNS
There are thousands and thousands of orphaned listings on many venues.

If someone buys an orphaned listing it won't go through.

GoDaddy fast transfer is tied to a specific account.

If the domain was listed with one account, but in another GoDaddy account it won't transfer.

If it was to transfer in that case, it would be a major security issue.

Brad

•••
No way to loose the names that way.
Even if were with BIN at Sedo MLS /Afternic DLS/FT in order tnames to automatically move have to be authorized from your registrar account, not old owner's.
If not at these programs, old owner will just receive the emails for any offers at platform.
At sedo and Afternic is easy to add at your account, just put the respective txt verification records at DNS.

•••
Thanks for your answers, guys. I really appreciate. I'm new in this area of domaining, so these kinds of questions may happen :)

Asked - Aswered - Closed.

Last edited:
•••
Hey there, guys!

That question might seem dump.. but I've got to ask it.

I've bought domains, and I noticed that some of them are still listed on websites like Dan.com, Afternic.. etc.. because the previous owners forgot to remove the listings, which often happens.

So my question is - if someone wanted to buy one of my domains through these listings that haven't been removed by the previous owners, would I lose my domain?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Curtys
It is unlikely that you would lose your domain if someone attempted to buy it through the listings that haven't been removed by the previous owners. When you purchase a domain, you become the legal owner of that domain, and your ownership is recorded in the domain registrar's database.

If someone were to attempt to purchase your domain through a listing that hasn't been updated, the transaction would not be valid because you are the registered owner. The previous owner's failure to remove the listing does not affect your ownership rights.

However, it's always a good practice to ensure that your domain listings are accurate and up to date to avoid any confusion or potential issues. You can reach out to the respective websites, such as Dan.com or Afternic, to request the removal of any incorrect or outdated listings associated with your domain.

If you have any concerns or encounter any issues related to the purchase or ownership of your domain, it's advisable to consult with a legal professional or contact the domain registrar for further assistance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back