Domain Empire

Can I Sue? How Can I? Or What Should I do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gucci

Account Closed
Impact
I hired someone to build my company a website, they failed to build it and scammed me out of my money.

They also wasted 2 months of my time waiting for it, when it could be done by now.

The company is no where near me to conact.

Should i just accept the loss and move on?

I paid with paypal so I guess im out of luck with get my money back from paypal?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was there a written contract between you and the designers?

•••
Honestly, your out of luck. Paypal does not guarantee "Virtual Goods or Service" which is what you got. The hastle of tracking down someone who scammed you is not worth it. I would move on.

Next time, when paying for something like this, use an escrow service. This insures that the work is done and no one gets scammed.

•••
I think with paypal you can lodge a complaint up to 60 days after the payment was made. If you are right on the edge of 60 days, I would go ahead and get it on record. It can't hurt, and PayPal bends over backwards to protect buyers over the sellers.

•••
RogueWriter said:
I think with paypal you can lodge a complaint up to 60 days after the payment was made. If you are right on the edge of 60 days, I would go ahead and get it on record. It can't hurt, and PayPal bends over backwards to protect buyers over the sellers.

Paypal wont do anything if it is vitual goods, they will close the ticket almost immediately if that is the case. I know this, Ive been there. Move on.

•••
domainspade said:
Paypal wont do anything if it is vitual goods, they will close the ticket almost immediately if that is the case. I know this, Ive been there. Move on.

ditto

Or another suggestion, contact your credit card company, it may work, good luck.

•••
yea i called paypal, they said probly only way i would get my money back is if they noticed a pattern of scamming.

I wish they would do something for vitural items, they should have something.

I dont really care about the money so much though, its just alot of time wasted

•••
Gucci said:
I dont really care about the oney so much though, its just alot of time wasted

Use someone reputable, have a contract and use Escrow. It sucks, but it's a lesson learned..

•••
Try www.getafreelancer.com next time, or a similar service.

You can read reviews of all the designers/programmers, see their samples, and the payment is through an escrow service; if you're not happy or they don't complete the job, the $ held in escrow is returned to you.

•••
Sorry to hear it - I am lucky to have a good team that I use.

Might I suggest you also post the details of the perps on all the relevant sites/forums to ensure others don't get bitten, you might even get a little satisfaction.

•••
Hmm, I wonder what happened to the OP.

•••
File a claim at the BBB (Better Business Bureau). You can also accidently list name the company so we don't accidently use them.

•••
Hi Navi...The OP's account got closed( don't know if he did it or a mod)

You can check that upfront if you look at the posters details on the left :)

Cheers,

Frank

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back