Domain Empire

question Can I ask a registrar to renew a domain for me that's in redemption period with another customer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joash Boyton

RankNetworks.comEstablished Member
Impact
There's a domain that's in redemption period status, due to fully delete in 7 days from now.

Can I contact the registrar and ask them to renew the domain for me at the end of the redemption period, and transfer it to me? I'd be happy to pay the redemption fee on behalf of the current owner.

Is that a viable option and does every registrar have that power?

Basically I want to ensure I get the domain without it deleting and going to dropcatch.com

Is it possible for registrars to renew it on my behalf at the end of the redemption period when it's technically completely out of the current customers account?

Can they do it if they are financially incentivised, or is it a technical/legal issue?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If, this process were only reg. fee we would all be rich. It's not super easy to acquire such a domain at cheap, unless you luck out and see the same person selling it cheap on namepros providing just an auth. code.
GoDaddy are amongst the cheapest at $80. But they won't tell you who the registrant was. You'll need to find that out for yourself. Because only the original registrant can renew the domain. And I don't suppose they are going to do that for free :( eNom charge, I think $240 to renew after it's gone into redemption, and they never even publish the registrant anymore. So even more difficult to find out the registrant. You need to be a hard core researcher, to have ANY chance with actually buying a domain in redemption. It's not an easy task. Almost impossible with all the hurdles you need to jump over :( Chances are slim-to-none. Unless you are the original owner. Then you just pay the aforementioned Redemption Fees at your Registrar.

•••
If, this process were only reg. fee we would all be rich. It's not super easy to acquire such a domain at cheap, unless you luck out and see the same person selling it cheap on namepros providing just an auth. code.

Although I was replying to your thread, the message wasn't directed at you personally. It was more to embellish what you said :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back