IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, this is getting frustrating. Far too long to wait.

I would also like for BrandBucket to clarify their strategy. Where are we heading?

•••
The one, domain.com took away after having purchased it at GD closeouts, got rejected. :xf.grin:

1 unregistered got rejected.

2 still pending review.

pending review since July 20th & 26th..

feeling good about BB..

•••
I just losing hope with brandbucket. After have 800+ domains and i don't see any progress.

I think i will be better off selling them my own. Brandbucket just have too many crappy names. Here are few,

generiic.com
permiit.com
fiighter.com
quiiver.com
tactiical.com
radiical.com
kindlyy.com
gladlyy.com
cyyclone.com
siimulator.com

They should have focused on quality then quantity. These domains will be impossible to sell other than selling them on namepros.

:xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink:

•••
I agree some domains may not look brandable to us. But I have also noticed that startups these day pick unusual brandable names which may no look good to us at all on first impression.

I am not defending BB but it is just my own observation that startups these days love to pick strange and unconventional names.

•••
Every brandable marketplace has been criticized by domainers on NP for having low quality names. It may be true. Or maybe not. It's really hard to say because brandable domains are so subjective. We've all had the experience of a domain being rejected by one site and being accepted by another. I've sold several BB rejects to end users. I know others have too.

Likewise enduser habits are unpredictable and have been criticized for their naming tastes (or lack thereof). Brand consultants hate the choices many startup founders make for a brand/domain name.

Lyft, Stripe, Facebook, Pinterest, InstaCart, CreditKarma, Quora, Reddit are all amazing brands that are memorable and succinctly convey the company's message. But a car service called Uber? An apartment sharing platform called AirBnB? A unicorn level fintech company called Kabbage? Another unicorn and 3D printing company called Desktop Metal?

Personally I think the name Amazon is/was a horrible choice as a brand for an eCommerce site. But some companies become a mega success in spite of their stupid naming choices :)

BTW ........... here's some double "i" letter listings from a BB competitors website:
Desiire, Enviiro, Kiings, Indiie, Hugii, Quiik, Triive, Ziipy, Qiirk, Sumiit, Haawaii, Eiight, Fiiber, Sumiit, Premiier, Inspiiration, Whiisk, Goriilla, Fiigure, Traiin and Piinky. Some of them I like, others are head scratchers.

And from the home page of another BB competitor's site:
Walrs, Stackrr, Officair, Eshopo, Blipser, Whoal - these domains are priced between $2,800 and $6,200.

It's a crazy domain marketing niche we play in :)

Last edited:
•••
Cmmon guys, all brandable marketplace had many ugly & unbelievable price tag name but its doesn't mean that Brandable marketplace is not worth to try

•••
about brandables that may mean nothing to us but something to others.

@DomainsMaven , one of your domains "Ordony" has a description about it being from the word "order" etc,
well, I am from Jordan, so I am Jordanian.

If I were to say that "I am Jordanian" in Arabic, it would be "Ana=me/i am Ordony=Jordanian"

I dont think you knew that?

Now Jordanian.com is for sale at $15,000 at GD.

I thought its interesting, worth mentioning.

another example would be: in English: Egyptian / in Arabic: Masry or Masri

& yes it happens, other languages in English letters.

We have a form of Arabic written entirely in English letters for Whatsapp, chatting etc(internet language)..

hope your domain sells to some Jordanian/Ordony. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
about brandables that may mean nothing to us but something to others.

@DomainsMaven , one of your domains "Ordony" has a description about it being from the word "order" etc,
well, I am from Jordan, so I am Jordanian.

If I were to say that "I am Jordanian" in Arabic, it would be "Ana=me/i am Ordony=Jordanian"

I dont think you knew that?

Now Jordanian.com is for sale at $15,000 at GD.

I thought its interesting, worth mentioning.

another example would be: in English: Egyptian / in Arabic: Masry or Masri

& yes it happens, other languages in English letters.

We have a form of Arabic written entirely in English letters for Whatsapp, chatting etc(internet language)..

hope your domain sells to some Jordanian/Ordony. :xf.smile:

Pretty interesting.

I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

(y)(y)(y)

•••
Pretty interesting.

I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

(y)(y)(y)

google : Maktoob = Arabic for Envelope/Email/ Letter etc..

Founded by a Jordanian in 1998, then acquired by Yahoo.

Also Souq.com = Arabic for Market, acquired by Amazon

Perfect examples..

Last edited:
•••
•••
800 names...m are you getting atleast 1 sale a month

1 sale a month??? I wish.

Last domain that i sold on brandbucket was in march. You can do the math.

I might come up with my own marketplace. Just busy with life for now.

•••
1 sale a month??? I wish.

Last domain that i sold on brandbucket was in march. You can do the math.

I might come up with my own marketplace. Just busy with life for now.

This is incredible! No sale in April, May, June, July!

4 months on 800 names is pretty good indicator that BB is doing really bad! Equivalent of 1 year with no sales for a portfolio of 267 names.

You need to have at least 5 sales/year (with average net of around $1.4K) just to cover renewals.

Just for comparison, Afternic has sold 6 names for me in 2018 with similar sized portfolio (around 800 average) and they charge 15%-20%, not 35% (30%+logo), they don't take listing fees, they don't make you wait and they take ALL of your names. Oh, and they don't even ask for names to be forwarded (all 6 sold without forwarding).

•••
This is incredible! No sale in April, May, June, July!

4 months on 800 names is pretty good indicator that BB is doing really bad! Equivalent of 1 year with no sales for a portfolio of 267 names.

I am not a fan of BB
but really

that statistics is meaningless

sometimes it takes a while

•••
I am not a fan of BB
but really

that statistics is meaningless

sometimes it takes a while

I assume you never studied statistics.

800 data points over 1/3 of a year is sufficient for drawing conclusions with reasonable confidence.

•••
I assume you never studied statistics.

800 data points over 1/3 of a year is sufficient for drawing conclusions with reasonable confidence.

"never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself"

•••
"never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself"

You are confusing statistics as data points and analysis of the data.

If you don't trust the stats provided by the owner of those 800 names, then ok, fine. Nothing to discuss here.

Analyzing the data is completely different thing and is not subject to "fake" "alternative facts" etc. and is based on pure math.

Basically, if his names are average brandable quality, then each name should have, let's say 0.3% in any given 4 months period should he have listed on Afternic/Sedo. The chance of not selling thus is 99.7%. Now if multiply 99.7% 800 times he would have had at least one sale with 91% probability.

Now, people place their names on BB with the expectation that the probability of sale is much higher. Let's say they expect around 0.8% in any given 4 months period (which translates to 2.4%, which is not too spectacular for such marketplace), meaning chance of not selling is 99.2% per name. Now if you multiply it 800 times, the chance of selling at least one name should be 99.86% (i.e. chance of not selling even one is 0.16%).

Now you can choose to believe that the guy merely pulled the 0.16% chance unlucky ticket or that there is a huge problem with BB currently.

Last edited:
•••
Now you can choose to believe that the guy merely pulled the 0.16% chance unlucky ticket or that there is a huge problem with BB currently.

your math maybe correct
( I lost it while reading.. )

but the idea that math applies
is wrong

but I understand and agree that trusting BB to sell your domain
is a huge problem

•••
I can confirm that, after a wait that seemed to span a few generations, I received BrandBucket's approval of a domain I submitted on July 16th. Happy Times!!

•••
It seems the $10 listing fee is back? I guess that will have a big impact on the amount of new names.

•••
If the listing fee is back I predict a mass exodus or at the very least a noteable reduction in listings which is probably what they want. Too many names on the site as it is.

•••
I just got 1 approved & "submitted for listing" without paying the $10.

thanks

•••
I am not sure. I had one approved and it says "listing fee $10", but maybe they did not deduct any credits from my account. I can't remember how many credits I had left...

•••
it does say that, but there's a tick next to the $10, which means its paid.

they didn't charge me the $10. I am sure

•••
it does say that, but there's a tick next to the $10, which means its paid.

they didn't charge me the $10. I am sure

Okay, I guess the fee is still voided then. But I think @Keith DeBoer has said it will come back at some time.

•••
Okay, I guess the fee is still voided then. But I think @Keith DeBoer has said it will come back at some time.

yup, Keith explained it & its mentioned somewhere on the site I think..

thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back