Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I had another one accepted and there was indeed no listing fee. Sorry for the confusion.

•••
Wrote to them regarding the slow process. It seems they are short staffed on domain approvals & are in the hiring process. My one domain took 25 days to publish after approval.

Later submitted 2 domains, took around 2 weeks for appraisal & got rejected.

Less than 2 months on BrandBucket with 1 approved & 9 rejected.

•••
I submitted 6 domains on August 1, and I am still waiting for the reply. Would let you know if they approve it or not.

•••
I submitted 6 domains on August 1, and I am still waiting for the reply. Would let you know if they approve it or not.

•••
Because of the confusion between the old fee system.... Brand Bucket has been changing over all old accounts to the GrowthProgram which allows you to submit any domain for review/appraisal (even if you don't own it) for a $1 fee. Then, if a domain is accepted and you own it (or buy it) you can publish that accepted domain on BB for a $9 publishing fee.

So that is now the default system. If you have an old account and don't like the GrowthProgram, I believe you can object via email ([email protected]) and switch to the old system. That means only submitting names you already own and getting a free review. But having to pay a $10 fee to publish any accepted names.

For several months (almost a year I think) the $9 (or $10) fee has been waived. However, BB has indicated that this is not permanent. At the same time they have not said when it will end either :)

Last edited:
•••
so, for the record, 2 approved domains were published/live within 48 hrs following the approval.

thank you BB..

Last edited:
•••
I'm beginning to think BB should look at what's being accepted and rejected by them, and shut off new submissions, or at least limit them.

The best brandables are already in their own hands - but will they let them slip through their fingertips!

•••
Listed my first name with BB less than 6 months ago and have had 3 sales so far (less than 50 total listed). Many took a few days to a week to approve/deny but no issues. Sometimes you have to wait a bit on a logo, but that is understandable. I think BB is a great market and I have learned to choose better "brandables" over the last 1/2 year. Just make sure you understand what they are looking for, if you are new to them. But they have an active market and companies that need brands.

•••
any of you ladies & gents joined the slack channel?

I am not receiving the invitation link.

•••
@MS-Domains, send an email to the help desk [email protected]. They will assist you :)
Namepros does not allow the discussion of other forums on its platform so I can't give you anymore detail here or even in a PM. Please contact BrandBucket. Cheers!

•••
@MS-Domains, send an email to the help desk [email protected]. They will assist you :)
Namepros does not allow the discussion of other forums on its platform so I can't give you anymore detail here or even in a PM. Please contact BrandBucket. Cheers!

Keith, will do that.

thanks a lot.

•••
Getting some good results from BrandBucket this August which is usually slow everywhere.

Appealed Night // Zen,
Red // Startups
Fash // ily

Last edited:
•••
Yes, August is usually a slow month for domaining but for me, and from what I hear from fellow BB sellers, sales are jugging along in spite of summer vacations.

•••
Finally another sale. Needed it so badly.

•••
Why? Brandbucket Instructs Sellers to Change Their Nameservers

The Brandbucket ambassador requested that I repost this on the BB review thread. So here is my question/comment...

"Brandbucket has sent out a notice instructing sellers to immediately change their nameservers to those of Brandbucket. No real reason was given. My question is whether this new requirement benefits the domain owners in any way. How does it benefit Brandbucket? Parking income? In the long run, will it increase sales for non-BB owned domains? Considering that we paid a fee to list on BB, is that retroactive requirement the right thing to do?

More explanation on this sudden request from Brandbucket would be welcome."

•••
Hi @Basicgravity,

Just like most other Brandable marketplaces, BrandBucket has for years required exclusive listings.
This means you can only list on BB and no place else. Part of that exclusivity agreement is that all sellers must assign BrandBucket nameservers to their domains before they are published on its site.

In the past, they offered sellers an alternative to changing the nameservers and that was to forward the domain to BB using a 301 redirect. However, BB recently sent an email to all sellers saying that in order to optimize their website and maximize sales, domain forwarding (301 redirect) was being phased out.

Here's what the email said:

I wanted to let you know that we are soon going to be requiring all domains to be forwarded to us using the nameserver method. We’ve detected that you have some of your domains currently being forwarded via 301 redirect, and they are listed at the end of this email.

Why are we doing this?
Using the nameservers will be better for the overall site health and to pave the way for some changes coming down the road.

When do I need to do it by?
We are ending support on Friday, August 24th.

•••
Oh. Sounds exciting. What changes will be coming?

•••
@Keith DeBoer Are you sure all sellers should have received such an email? Because I haven't received it. All my BrandBucket names are using their nameservers already.

•••
If you didn't get one then I guess the email only went out to those who had domains with 301 directs.
Since I had some, I got the email and assumed all others did too.

•••
@Embrand / @Keith DeBoer -

I agree.

We happen to use the BB nameservers.on all our names (not the 301 redirect approach) and also did not receive the email notification about the new forwarding guideline.

As mentioned, It appears the email only went out to those with 1 or more 301 redirects in place.

@Basicgravity - I appreciate your posting the notice in this thread so we are all aware of the system change and new forwarding guideline. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, the people who were using 301 redirects were far and few in between. So it make sense they just notified those who needed to make the change. Thanks for confirming @BrandCougar

@Basicgravity, the new changes have not been announced yet (y)

•••
We set up the domain the way that you told us to a few years ago. But, you only give one day before deadline to change everything. So, our manager is away and we cannot do this so quickly.

Now, Brandbucket canceled all our sales pages. That is not a very fair way to do business when your customers pay you to promote the domains. Why do you change so suddenly?

Yes, the people who were using 301 redirects were far and few in between. So it make sense they just notified those who needed to make the change. Thanks for confirming @BrandCougar

@Basicgravity, the new changes have not been announced yet (y)

•••
We set up the domain the way that you told us to a few years ago. But, you only give one day before deadline to change everything. So, our manager is away and we cannot do this so quickly.

Now, Brandbucket canceled all our sales pages. That is not a very fair way to do business when your customers pay you to promote the domains. Why do you change so suddenly?

If your manager is away, and one of your names were to sell, how would you handle the transfer/account change, if you cannot handle nameserver change?

I changed all mine long time ago, when I noticed that ns version was more advantageous, promoting the name itself, while forwarding was promoting bunch of other people's names.

•••
Because if there is a sale, we can ask him to take time to change. But, now Brandbucket wants us to change all the names in one day. But no sale. Just paperwork. Then they cancel the names after only one day. I complain about how they do this. If we have to change, then OK we can do this. But, we did nothing wrong. The way they do this is not good.

If your manager is away, and one of your names were to sell, how would you handle the transfer/account change, if you cannot handle nameserver change?

I changed all mine long time ago, when I noticed that ns version was more advantageous, promoting the name itself, while forwarding was promoting bunch of other people's names.

•••
@Basicgravity you're right. That transition sounds abrupt and detrimental to both parties as it prevents a potential sale during the time your domains are off line. :grumpy:

I've always found the HelpDesk to be very responsive when things go wrong. Why not give them your direct feedback and see if they can help you out? (y) [email protected]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back