Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two domains got approved after 20 days. One domain applied to publish at BB. The good thing is No fee for publishing, special promotion offer.

β€œAt this time, the $9 listing fee is being waived for all published names. This is a special promotion and subject to change at any time.”

•••
•••
Two domains got approved after 20 days. One domain applied to publish at BB. The good thing is No fee for publishing, special promotion offer.

β€œAt this time, the $9 listing fee is being waived for all published names. This is a special promotion and subject to change at any time.”
20 days? few months ago, I submitted my first 2 domains on a Thursday, one was accepted/one was rejected the following Monday.

I also submitted a few, around 9 days ago. nothing yet

whats changed.. 20+ days for a review is way too long:xf.cry:

Last edited:
•••

20 days? few months ago, I submitted my first 2 domains on a Thursday, one was accepted/one was rejected the following Monday.

I also submitted a few, around 9 days ago. nothing yet

whats changed.. 20+ days for a review is way too long:xf.cry:
Total I submitted three domains, one got rejected after 7 days & the remaining two got selected.
we can assume that the one which takes time might be selected.

•••
•••
I have raised the white flag wit Brand Bucket. In nearly 3 years I have only sold 4 names, none in about a year. I have 300 names listed. Which means I lost $3,000 in just listing fees on the names with them plus the renewal fees for them to keep the names exclusive to themselves, so I have flushed about $10,000 down the drain with them. Last week I emailed them to start the delisting process and remove my entire portfolio with them.

Unfortunately it is a good idea, but I see them doing no proactive marketing of my names. Just if somebody just happens to see it amongst the 50,000 other names listed, I might have a slim chance of having my name considered by them. I have come to the conclusion I could do better with just my own landing page and some outbound marketing.

I just can't see continuing to see my investment money being sucked down the whole.

•••
Just if somebody just happens to see it amongst the 50,000 other names listed, I might have a slim chance of having my name considered by them. .
I think they have WAY TOO MANY nonsensical-but-pronounceable domain names. I have a friend who wants to start a business and all the names he wants are taken. I told him about BB and he told me him and his business partner spent an hour on BB checking domains.

The funny thing was in the end they made up their own name simply by paying attention to how these made-up words sound and flow. He said something like "I'm not paying $3500 for a name I can make up in a few minutes". He might be right, I mean if you get drunk and start slurring your speech you might come up with the perfect new domain name. :-P

•••
I have raised the white flag wit Brand Bucket. In nearly 3 years I have only sold 4 names, none in about a year. I have 300 names listed. Which means I lost $3,000 in just listing fees on the names with them plus the renewal fees for them to keep the names exclusive to themselves, so I have flushed about $10,000 down the drain with them. Last week I emailed them to start the delisting process and remove my entire portfolio with them.

Unfortunately it is a good idea, but I see them doing no proactive marketing of my names. Just if somebody just happens to see it amongst the 50,000 other names listed, I might have a slim chance of having my name considered by them. I have come to the conclusion I could do better with just my own landing page and some outbound marketing.

I just can't see continuing to see my investment money being sucked down the whole.

Hi, thanks for sharing & truly sorry sales have been slow.

I have a few questions, if I may.

1- your 300 BB names, are lets say 25,50,75% of your entire portfolio?
2- how many of your names at BB are 1 "made up words"? you could share a link to your portfolio if you like.
3- why remove the entire portfolio, why not remove some & keep some?

thanks

•••
1. A little less than 10% I have just under 3,500 names.

2. About 50/50

3. I am betting I would get a much better sell through with services such as Afternic (or outbound or Efty lander) like I do with the rest of my portfolio. Even if the net sales are lower, inventory turnover will help my overall portfolio ROI. If am wrong, BrandBucket has told me they will allow me to relist them without an approval process or listing fee.

As in any business I have been involved with, when a program, marketing plan, even a store is not producing you shut it down and find a new direction for your assets. You don't kill the plan little by little. When you believe it is unsustainable, you pull the plug and not leave a part of your assets sitting around being unproductive.

Last edited:
•••
1. A little less than 10% I have just under 3,500 names.

2. About 50/50

3. I am betting I would get a much better sell through with services such as Afternic (or outbound or Efty lander) like I do with the rest of my portfolio. Even if the net sales are lower, inventory turnover will help my overall portfolio ROI. If am wrong, BrandBucket has told me they will allow me to relist them without an approval process or listing fee.

As in any business I have been involved with, when a program, marketing plan, even a store is not producing you shut it down and find a new direction for your assets. You don't kill the plan little by little. When you believe it is unsustainable, you pull the plug and not leave a part of your assets sitting around being unproductive.

Thanks for sharing. appreciate it..

Good luck to you. just remember, the program/store is not shutting down. you're just pulling out.

If I were you, i'd keep some. be picky, but keep some.

but im not you.

all the best..

thanks

•••
Good luck to you. just remember, the program/store is not shutting down.

Yes the BB program continues, however I am shutting down my program of using BB as a marketing tool.

I was great to have a well thought out and reasoned question and response with you. I wish you great success!

•••
BTW I just had someone offer me $2,000 for all 300 names. That works out to $6.66 per name. That was hilarious. I guess I needed that laugh.

•••
@NamesMax, I appreciate your open and honest assessment of your situation. I'm sorry to hear that your sales at BB have been so disappointing. I hope things pick up for you as you move on to other platforms and/or sales strategies. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, either now or in the future.

Best,

Keith

•••
@NamesMax, I appreciate your open and honest assessment of your situation. I'm sorry to hear that your sales at BB have been so disappointing. I hope things pick up for you as you move on to other platforms and/or sales strategies. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, either now or in the future.

@Keith DeBoer You have been a lt of help over the past couple of years. Thank you.

•••
I noticed that the number of published domains over their rolling 7 day tracker is way down. It used to be close to 300 per 7 days. Right now:

Published Last 7 Days: 134

Either they are becoming more choosey or they are slowing down on their reviewing.

•••
They are really slow on reviews. I have names submitted as far back as July 17 that are still pending review. They knocked out all of our approved names relatively quickly over the last couple of weeks though. Could be intentional to devote resources to getting approved names listed.

•••
They are really slow on reviews. I have names submitted as far back as July 17 that are still pending review. They knocked out all of our approved names relatively quickly over the last couple of weeks though. Could be intentional to devote resources to getting approved names listed.

July 16th here and I'm almost fed up. I now go with my new domains to Brandpa instead of BrandBucket. For the time being, I will keep my 200+ portfolio with them intact. But if they don't sort their sh*te out soon enough, I sure will be considering my options.

•••
Yes, veri slow. Let mov to brunpa, it bettar.

•••
What I really dislike is the fact that I have an account in "bad standing"
as I decided to take the domains out of BB

and show them on my own Landing Page instead

.. after the 1 month holding period-
that shouldn't be a problem at all...

•••
I understand everyone's frustration with the long delays in name reviewing. This delay is responsible for the low number of domains being published on the site. According to BB the problem stems from summer vacations and staff changes. They say it is taking time to train new members of the review team.

Like the rest of you, I hope it will be resolved soon (y)

•••
SEVENTEEN F-CKING DAYS waiting, only to be rejected.

I don't mind being rejected, but it should not take SEVENTEEN DAYS to tell me.

Never gonna waste time with BB again.

There is NO lame excuse for this like "It's summer" or "We're training people" that is acceptable.

Last edited:
•••
SEVENTEEN F-CKING DAYS waiting, only to be rejected.

I don't mind being rejected, but it should not take SEVENTEEN DAYS to tell me.

Never gonna waste time with BB again.

There is NO lame excuse for this like "It's summer" or "We're training people" that is acceptable.
That's really frustrating. Wish you Good luck with your features brandable marketplace.

•••
10 of 15 rejected.

Hoping (anticipating) the remaining 5 will be accepted on the 2nd pass.

Review window was 07/22 thru 07/29 for us.

Last edited:
•••
10 of 15 rejected.

Hoping (anticipating) the remaining 5 will be accepted on the 2nd pass.
Just now got 1 rejected out off 9 submitted name. I hope all other get accepted.

•••
16 rejections but luckily most of them are unregistered.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back