IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
other marketplace had launched its seller's dashboard (with information of how many time your name was seen, clicked, made as favorite, etc). When will BB do the same?

•••
other marketplace had launched its seller's dashboard (with information of how many time your name was seen, clicked, made as favorite, etc). When will BB do the same?

An upgrade on domain stats would be great. It's not always easy to make decisions with little information.

•••
They probably never will. With almost 50,000 names most are barely seen. If sellers really knew that their names had very little interest more sellers would be pulling their names. I have never ever trusted those type of stats because falsely inflating the numbers benefits the marketplace and keeps the seller happy even if the seller doesn't make consistent sales. The possibility of a sale sometimes is just as important as an actual sale to keep you motivated. Years ago Namerific had something similar and I used to laugh at the stats because they were so far on the bullshit side that you couldn't take the stats serious.

•••
@michaeljkrell - just sent out a pretty promising November newsletter...

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/brandbucket/id1280908143?mt=8
upload_2017-11-17_14-35-50.png

upload_2017-11-17_14-36-17.png

upload_2017-11-17_14-36-51.png

upload_2017-11-17_14-37-12.png

upload_2017-11-17_14-37-54.png

Last edited:
•••
Interesting on BTC - they are going to pay sellers in USD, so that means that the seller is going to have to accept the FX risk. Bitcoin often moves 10-15% in a day, and given a 5-day escrow you could receive far /more less than you expect. Surprising if they don't offer sellers the option to receive payment in BTC.

@Grilled did the email have no updates about sales for the past few months? Strange that they don't mention sales?

•••
•••
•••
No mention of how sales are going?

•••
Interesting on BTC - they are going to pay sellers in USD, so that means that the seller is going to have to accept the FX risk. Bitcoin often moves 10-15% in a day, and given a 5-day escrow you could receive far /more less than you expect. Surprising if they don't offer sellers the option to receive payment in BTC.

@Grilled did the email have no updates about sales for the past few months? Strange that they don't mention sales?

As I understand it, sellers will still receive their full/fixed amount in USD. BrandBucket will not actually receive any BTC - only their payment processor will.

•••
Do they mention how long (days) it takes from listing to offer with sale?

•••
Do they mention how long (days) it takes from listing to offer with sale?
I seem to remember a looooong time ago some mention of the average sale time for a domain having been listed on the site, was 7 months. Of course, the site isn't that old and has grown rapidly in recent years so the average was going to be short. I expect it to be longer now.

No mention of how sales are going?
I've sold 7 names on BB in the last 30 days.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

I think thats because you are favoured by tweaking search results alongwith with other sellers like l2media and owner/ manager, only certain sellers domains are visible with any and every search at top with few exceptions.
like If one searches organic then there is herbanol of l2media is included or birvy of yours at top

If you search novo then first two results are of margot

searching professional finds you 2nd top domain veqos privacy or vabax random 5L yours

searching sell keyword includes random zellara of margot or food search randomly includes cobsy which is of krell or slick shows vallix of krell at top or

you see hirvo zicot random 5Ls out of nowhere of yours when one searches sleek other relevant results are down.

I can go on with such countless examples.

And there was no effort in finding above examples like i found these results randomly while typing. I was sure i will find because i have researched too much on this to know there is clear biasedness at BB favouring particular sellers like you besides owner and manager themselves.

•••
I think thats because you are favoured by tweaking search results
Oh THANK GOODNESS! It's been months since I've been accused of being an insider or favored in some way. It really hit my ego you know, I hate being considered as just an ordinary regular seller like everyone else. Luckily, here you are, saving the day, bolstering my ego again. THANKS! :D

I'm sure you know I specialize in 5 letter domains. There are approximately 8,500 5 letter names on BB. I own about 1,300 of them (loose round figures). That means I own approximately 15% of the 5 letter names on BB.

Let's go to the five letter domains section on BB: https://www.brandbucket.com/category/5-letter-domain-names How many of the domains on the first page are mine? Zero. How about the second page? Four. Wow, shouldn't I be averaging 7 or 8 a page? And of course because of my favored status surely I should be getting 20+ on all of the first pages! It's not fair. Next time Margot Skype calls me asking about what to do with her business, I'll be asking her to correct that error she made.

•••
Congrats - that's a great outcome. For a little more context, do you care to add how this compares to the rest of this year? I saw the 5L stat for November at ~31%, which is fantastic for a portfolio like yours.

•••
Just realised that Krell is pulling out names faster than he sales them and listing on other platforms
for more than double the price. If I was the CEO my feelings will be hurt.

As a BB investor should I be worried about this?

Last edited:
•••
I seem to remember a looooong time ago some mention of the average sale time for a domain having been listed on the site, was 7 months. Of course, the site isn't that old and has grown rapidly in recent years so the average was going to be short. I expect it to be longer now.

Congrats. Will take a look at them.

•••
Just realised that Krell is pulling out names faster than he sales them and listing on other platforms

Isn't Krell the CEO? :xf.wink: But seriously, I was not aware of that. It sounds a bit strange and makes one wonder what is going on.

•••

As a BB investor should I be worried about this?
I don't think that he's pulling out names, he just didn't added any names for the last three months or so and not renewing some and he's selling some names every day, so he has a few names less every day. What I have noticed is not that he is adding them with bigger prices, he changed his strategy, now he has names for under 1k and expensive one's as well, so trying to reach all end users. Probably there is something going on between him and Margot.

Last edited:
•••
Hey folks,

Some background and facts for those that may not be aware of BBs history. Everything I'm going to say is public knowledge so I'll provide links here and there in case more details are desired..........

2007 - Brand Bucket is created as a company within a startup incubator called Boxador. Margot is the co-founder of Boxador (with her husband) and Crunchbase lists her as the CEO of both Boxador and BrandBucket.

2013 - In June, Margot does an interview with DNjournal and Michael Krell, who has been selling domains at his keyword based, brandable website (MediaPlow.com), creates a BB seller account. In September Margot is interviewed at TLD Investors and says: " a solid keyword pair with good linguistic structure and applicability to many possible types of business is what we’d like to see more of in the submissions."

BB's annual sales hit $1 million for the first time (see Domain Sherpa interview).

2014 - In September Margot is interviewed at Domain Sherpa. During the interview she says: "Up until this year, when we were keeping the marketplace very small, we were really, really strict and our acceptance rate was about eight percent. We have increased it. Probably on an average week we take maybe 25 percent now."

She also says in the interview that annual sales are on track to exceed $1 million yet again.

In October Michael is interviewed at Domain Sherpa. He explains that he specializes in two-keyword brandables and has sold 65 names in the prior 12 months. He says, further, that he buys about 75 new domains per month and has about 1600 names in his BB portfolio.

2015 - Companies often promote from within and Michael's success as a seller and his background in web development make him a good candidate for a BB employee. So in June 2015 he is offered the position of Managing Director.

Michael's portfolio and BBs total inventory expands dramatically due to the relaxed acceptance standards Margot announced in her 2014 Domain Sherpa interview.

Meanwhile sales increase to $2.4 million.

Brandable domaining becomes more fashionable and good brandable domains become much harder to hand reg. Prices at GoDaddy expired auctions begin to rise and a vibrant aftermarket is created on NPs for BB published domains. Demand is strong and published domains go for as much as 3% of the BB listed price.

In September, the CHIP frenzy begins and CHIP prices go up 300% in just 6 months.

2016 - Michael's portfolio continues to expand along with BBs.

From February thru July the CHIP markets crashes. Domainers begin looking for new ways to make money and many of them start looking at brandables. The prices for brandables in the aftermarket continue to increase making it harder and harder to acquire good domains, at reasonable, wholesale prices.

BBs total annuals sales are reported at $3.1 million.

2017 - BrandBucket's inventory growth slows markedly and Michael's portfolio levels off. Meanwhile, Michael continues to sell brandables at his MediaPlow website, as he has done since he started domaining several years ago. This is not unusual since many BB sellers, including myself, have brandables listed at our own websites and other sales platforms like Afternic etc.

The supply of brandable names grows increasingly thin and BR and BB boast a combined total of around 70,000 published names. With tens of thousands of additional brandables being held privately by domainers scarcity sets in and prices in the GD auctions are so high that many domainers (including me) have dropped out of the brandable auctions completely.

Meanwhile, new domainers, looking to build a BB portfolio are having a tough time. It's become almost impossible to find quality names to hand reg and they feel priced out of the GD auctions. Many are buying BB published names instead. For this reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices for BB published domains rise again on NP in the coming months.

In any case, this market shortage, along with a veteran domainer's normal tendency to let go of some domains at renewal time, is resulting in some previously expanding BB portfolios to becoming stationary or even reducing slightly in size.

Therefore, from my perspective, there is no cause for alarm. The brandable market is changing but it's intact. I would therefore caution folks not to get too wrapped up in narrowly focused speculation.

May all your sales be to end users!

Keith
:xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
•••
The supply of brandable names grows increasingly thin

Meanwhile, new domainers, looking to build a BB portfolio are having a tough time. It's become almost impossible to find quality names to hand reg

Prices at GoDaddy expired auctions begin to rise and a vibrant aftermarket is created on NPs for BB published domains.

Scarcity? Please. There are plenty of decent brandable names dropping and available daily- no need to use GD auctions and get bid up. Some are even better than those BB accepted, it's all personal opinion and what BB thinks isn't gospel. Too many people are lazy or won't dedicate the time or energy to look at the drop lists, which is great for those few who are hard working who want to reg them for $8.

Somebody decided not to renew these, maybe they never made the cut on BB and go to drop the next couple days. Not bad imho, and all pronounceable for invented names- this first section is only ONE sorting with the letter X in it.

zacee.com
zaivu.com
zavme.com
zioge.com
lanoxa.com
lenaxa.com
lenixa.com
lenixo.com
linaxo.com
linixa.com
linixo.com
linoxa.com
raxema.com
raxena.com
reloxa.com
roxava.com
savixa.com
sovaxa.com
sovaxo.com
sovexa.com
sovixo.com
sovoxo.com
tenaxo.com
tenixo.com
terixo.com
teroxa.com
teroxo.com

And one popular LAB category:
lookoutlab.com
masterylab.com
digitalimaginglab.com
undersealab.com
bearinglab.com
actorlabs.com
optiklabs.com
shininglabs.com

Misc. ok.
capcube.com
fundercube.com
mintdaily.com
outsourcy.com
booklegacy.com
evercurrency.com
fundtutor.com
crowdcasa.com
crowdcatapult.com
cingy.com
lurso.com
nuega.com
risro.com
avasky.com

•••
I totally agree with @offthehandle. Last week I handregged 10 BB approved and 6 NR approved. Lets hope I sell some.. :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back