IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Vydy.com another name reported here on NP was old on BB by owner, and again listed for sale. Not sure if your sure listed the sale also, but sometimes you get these weird sales and relistings.

•••
The whois of Vydy is still the same name as the guy that stated here that he sold it. So his sale must have fallen through and he listed in BB instead.

•••
The whois of Vydy is still the same name as the guy that stated here that he sold it. So his sale must have fallen through and he listed in BB instead.
I'm probably mistaken, but I thought he said it sold through BB.

•••
Does it mean that new owner relisted it for sale or it never sold ?
I bought a few names on GoDadddy Auction, which were sold earlier on BrandBucket...

•••
I'm probably mistaken, but I thought he said it sold through BB.

On the 16th November he said:
Bought VyDy.com for $1500 a couple of months ago, sold for $7200 yesterday.
Bought ResortsInRajasthan.com at $10, sold at $350.
Bought BrandCelebrity.com for $30, sold at $368.
All in a couple of months.

Other portfolio domains for the time being listed at VyDy.com

Still selling his domains on a name he sold??!!. When asked for more details he states:
Sold to end users, privately.

He then later states:
I hope I can do the same. right now putting every single domain on sale at VyDy.com

A few days later it was listed on BB.

Interestingly, Vydy and ResortsinRajasthan are both still in his name...

Last edited:
•••
I bought a few names on GoDadddy Auction, which were sold earlier on BrandBucket...
Thanks
Interesting but very confusing.

•••
Thanks
Interesting but very confusing.
Not BB related but subject related.

I sold a domain for $12,500 to a 'solicitor on behalf of a client' in 2007. I had to sign a non-disclosure (which was quite rare back then) and various other agreements... it took over a month for the sale to complete. I remember it well, one of my first big sales, I was dancing around for weeks.

In 2008 they dropped the domain! I was like... WTF!!

Obviously it didn't match their needs anymore but... even today I'm lost for words. Yes, it has been re-registered by someone else (I did think about it but didn't have the bottle to do it :D).

Who knows what goes through these buyers heads. Same with the BB buyers that later drop their names too. More money than sense obviously!

Last edited:
•••
Not BB related but subject related.

I sold a domain for $12,500 to a 'solicitor on behalf of a client' in 2007. I had to sign a non-disclosure (which was quite rare back then) and various other agreements... it took over a month for the sale to complete. I remember it well, one of my first big sales, I was dancing around for weeks.

In 2008 they dropped the domain! I was like... WTF!!

Obviously it didn't match their needs anymore but... even today I'm lost for words. Yes, it has been re-registered by someone else (I did think about it but didn't have the bottle to do it :D).

Who knows what goes through these buyers heads. Same with the BB buyers that later drop their names too. More money than sense obviously!

Really interesting share and mind blowing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Anyone explain when a name listed on BB has a blank page when visiting the domain? But if you visit the page using brandbucket .com / domain it shows Inquire and not a Buy Now button with price?
Does that mean it is sold or something else?

•••
Anyone explain when a name listed on BB has a blank page when visiting the domain? But if you visit the page using brandbucket .com / domain it shows Inquire and not a Buy Now button with price?
Does that mean it is sold or something else?
Yes it generally means the domain is sold :)

•••
•••
•••
yes, its weird ! i have had a few sales where the buyer drops the name at end of the year.

•••
On the 16th November he said:

Still selling his domains on a name he sold??!!. When asked for more details he states:

He then later states:

A few days later it was listed on BB.

Interestingly, Vydy and ResortsinRajasthan are both still in his name...

Okay..sorry for bit late. Actually still learning things. Completed 4 months into Domaining a couple of days ago :)

ResortsinRajasthan.com has been transferred to the buyer.. please check the email in whois. He hasn't updated his contacts, I don't know why.
Then VyDy.com had been sold before putting it up on brandbucket, but the buyer backed out. So, listed it on brandbucket.

•••
Almost every alternate BB sale i notice is of micheal krell. How many names he has? And what percebtage of sales he makes of total bb sales. ? @Dnbolt

•••
Almost every alternate BB sale i notice is of micheal krell. How many names he has? And what percebtage of sales he makes of total bb sales. ? @Dnbolt

Yes, very correct. He is a full time domainer and managing director of brandbucket so using the platform to his best possible advantage while it last. Brandbucket makes an average of 85 sales per month and in most cases about 25% of all sales generated will be his. Pretty cool, huh?

So far there has been 85 sales this month and 20 sales are his. No one dares make more sales than him on BB. How many names he has on bb: brandbucket.com/profile/mediaplow

Last edited:
•••
Yes, very correct. He is a full time domainer and managing director of brandbucket so using the platform to his best possible advantage while it last. Brandbucket makes an average of 85 sales per month and in most cases about 25% of all sales generated will be his. Pretty cool, huh?

So far there has been 85 sales this month and 20 sales are his. No one dares make more sales than him on BB. How many names he has on bb: brandbucket.com/profile/mediaplow

Thanks for the info. Now i see he has around 6-7K names taking avergae of 20 sale every month out of 85. Which will leave rest of bb to 65 sales from around 37K+ names.

Correct me if i am wrong anywhere.

•••
OR.. he is a real domainer that understands what buyers want. He buys names that have end user targets and reaches out to those targets, or gets his name for sale noticed by using the BB platform to rank his domain, instead of buying any old handreg just because it sounds pretty. Pretty cool huh?

It appears that I also have sold more names than the % I own on BB in the last month... perhaps my own marketing and outreach had something to do with that, or perhaps I actually own BB. Yeah, it's probably the second one.

•••
Thanks for the info. Now i see he has around 6-7K names taking avergae of 20 sale every month out of 85. Which will leave rest of bb to 65 sales from around 37K+ names.

Correct me if i am wrong anywhere.

I would say about 15 avg sales per month as some months are very special.

What exactly are you trying to get out? Because say you have an account on BB and all Krell 6K+ domains are pushed into your account you are NOT guaranteed to make even close 50% of usual his sales. Why? Because in this competitive industry there is much more into selling domains than the domain itself.

Last edited:
•••
Because say you have an account on BB and all Krell 6K+ domains are pushed into your account you are NOT guaranteed to make even close 50% of usual sales. Why? Because in this competitive industry there is much more into selling domains than the domain itself.

Finally we agree on something! :) The domain has a large part to play without a doubt, but potential purchasers need to know it's for sale. Those that work at publicizing their domains will have a higher sales rate than those that don't (assuming their actual domains are equal). It's the same in non-brandable domaining, you just have to look at the 'domains sold' thread here on NP. A select few are actively pushing their domains constantly and are doing amazingly well, whilst those that do nothing are sat scratching their heads wondering why they aren't selling anything.

Last edited:
•••
I would say about 15 avg sales per month as some months are very special.

What exactly are you trying to get out? Because say you have an account on BB and all Krell 6K+ domains are pushed into your account you are NOT guaranteed to make even close 50% of usual his sales. Why? Because in this competitive industry there is much more into selling domains than the domain itself.

Not anything else i am just trying to get simple stats. :) Of course michael krell must be highly professional and experienced to qualify for those sales with whom novice like me cant compete.

Does BB owner also put their names for sale?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Margot the CEO would have been on her 6th sale this month if If the sale of elektri/com wasn't cancelled. So it now leaves her with 5 sales so far this month.
I presume that's only names were public whois can attribute those names to her. Margot use privacy also, so there probably are more sales you can't attribute to her.

It looks like her sales rate is also high, so kudos to her.

It's just a shame transparency isn't stronger on BB.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back