IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I presume that's only names were public whois can attribute those names to her. Margot use privacy also, so there probably are more sales you can't attribute to her.

It looks like her sales rate is also high, so kudos to her.

It's just a shame transparency isn't stronger on BB.

Good points.. Her sale ratio aren't usually high. Last month she had like 2 sales.
I've also advanced from relying on WHOIS it's more like a slow train but usually helpful when no further options are left.

Last edited:
•••
Does the "Your listing for DOMAIN.com has been sold" email mean that a name has sold and that BB has secured the payment from buyer already? Or is it still possible that a sale can fall through after this email has been sent out?

•••
Does the "Your listing for DOMAIN.com has been sold" email mean that a name has sold and that BB has secured the payment from buyer already? Or is it still possible that a sale can fall through after this email has been sent out?

From experience it means transaction has been performed and brandbucket in process of clearing funds.
When funds has been verified and successfully cleared branducket will then ask you to initiate a transfer.
Sometimes things happens along the way which cause the sale to not be fully secured and hence domain gets relisted.

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, very correct. He is a full time domainer and managing director of brandbucket so using the platform to his best possible advantage while it last. Brandbucket makes an average of 85 sales per month and in most cases about 25% of all sales generated will be his. Pretty cool, huh?

So far there has been 85 sales this month and 20 sales are his. No one dares make more sales than him on BB. How many names he has on bb: brandbucket.com/profile/mediaplow

25% I think this number is a little low, Also don't forget to highlight boxador for another big percentage of the sales I dont keep track of Margot or the rest of the brand bucket team or THERE SPECIAL BB SLACK GROUP that you are not in. In my opinion, the brand bucket squad makes majority of the sales for them while collecting fees from the little guys to put towards there advertisements so they can sell THERE STUFF!!! I also can tell you the brandbucket crew and Micheal krell gets SPECIAL PLACEMENT FOR HIS DOMAINS AND SO DOES THE REST OF THE GROUP. To the little guy do your self a favor create a efty page or get your own landers. Deal with your own leads. Dont give these guys your money so they can sell there stuff first. My brandbucket experience sucks! I don't recommend them

Last edited:
•••
25% I think this number is a little low.Also don't for get to highlight boxador for another big percentage of the sales i dont keep track of Margot or the rest of the brand bucket team or THERE SPECIAL BB SLACK GROUP that you are not in. In my opinion, the brand bucket squad makes majority of the sales for them while collecting fees from the little guys to put towards there advertisements so they can sell THERE STUFF!!! I also can tell you the brandbucket crew and Micheal krell gets SPECIAL PLACEMENT FOR HIS DOMAINS AND SO DOES THE REST OF THE GROUP. To the little guy do your self a favor create a efty page or get your own landers. Deal with your own leads. Dont give these guys your money so they can sell there stuff first. My brandbucket experience sucks! I don't recommend them

Good point too. I did not mentioned as I thought that it was quite obvious that a certain percentage of the profit made will surely be paid to her as the CEO. I have not seen any CEO that doesn't get paid from the company itself. Krell being the managing director get's paid too for being the face of brandbucket and pushing marketing to the extreme.

So yes it's a very closed group marketplace leaving many newbies outside and causing them to loose more money and eventually become frustrated.

The founders of efty saw a potential and acted very wisely.

Last edited:
•••
Not a good idea for companies to leave a significant amount of customers frustrated and focus more on the inner group as there will surely be a side effect.

Earning your way into the inner circle by spending more is tactic implemented by MLM otherwise known as a Pyramid scheme. Many more companies has slowly integrated this but with a slight twist that might not always be obvious to customers.

Last edited:
•••
80 sales from 44,000+ domains might be great conversion though... (although it is less than 0.2%)

If we search domain name sales for the past month in the $1500+ range we get:

GoDaddy - 126
NameJet - 181
Sedo - 292

PROS: You don't pay the listing fee and pay lower fee
CONS: They have more that 44K domains, so the conversion is much lower.

•••
80 sales from 44,000+ domains might be great conversion though... (although it is less than 0.2%)

If we search domain name sales for the past month in the $1500+ range we get:

GoDaddy - 126
NameJet - 181
Sedo - 292

PROS: You don't pay the listing fee and pay lower fee
CONS: They have more that 44K domains, so the conversion is much lower.

I much rather take my chances with godaddy namejet sedo.
Brandbucket is charging the public to list while they sell there stuff first your odds of selling at brandbucket are very very slim unless your part of the bb team.

•••
I've been contacted by BB escrow, so the name did sell.

Strangely, it is still listed for sale at BB though (searchable and can be put in cart for check out), and has not been removed or marked as sold/unavailable.

•••
first your odds of selling at brandbucket are very very slim unless your part of the bb team.

I sold 2 domains out of a 40 domains portfolio - which I think is OK. However I am considering moving out of BB in the near future.

•••
•••
I dont get it. What is their primary aim??? Is it to sell the in house inventory or to sell the outside domains.

•••
I dont get it. What is their primary aim??? Is it to sell the in house inventory or to sell the outside domains.
The former, obviously. The rest is "padding". A no brainer, really, if you can make it work :sneaky:

•••
I sold 2 domains out of a 40 domains portfolio - which I think is OK. However I am considering moving out of BB in the near future.
How long does that take?

•••
•••
i had over 40 on there for almost 2 years no sale!!
That's serious bro. Just joined the BB team. Currently have 11 names listed and hope to do more. Lets see how it goes

•••
Good luck maybe they will sell something for you. They don't like me and the feeling is mutual

•••
My beef with BrandBucket......
  • Over 40,000 domains, They don't rotate the old domains, So old listed domains get buried.
  • How many views are your domains receiving from web traffic or from visitors on their website? No way for you to know! WHY? Because if you really knew that your domain was sitting there for 1 year and only 2 people viewed it, you would remove your domains off their website.
  • Now you must buy credits to list, even if the domain is rejected you lose the credit.
  • Because too many domainers are removing their listed domains, Now they implement rules that actually hurt their company even more. (Meaning, accounts not in good standing cannot add or transfer IN domains).
  • CONFLICT OF INTEREST with their own Staff members selling their own domains on the website. How d we know their own domains are not being rotated to the front of the line? Correct! Is not fair. You are stupid if you think they are not doing it.
  • 30% Commission - Soon they will have no choice to lower. "Too many competitors lurking"
  • Prices on logos ($100 - $200) that look like a 5 year old created them. No way for you to have a say so on logo design. Silly? Maybe! But, a nice logo design can sell a domain.
  • Lastly, No "MAKE OFFER" button for potential buyers to make offers on our listed domains. Everyone wants a deal! Maybe they are willing to pay few hundred bucks less. But because Brandbucket does not have the make offer option, POOF!! Their goes a potential sale. So.... what do the smart buyer do? They contact you directly. What do you do? :cigar:

By that being said, I've had a BrandBucket account for over 6 years now.
In those six years, I've sold 6 domains. All 4Letter.com's

Last edited:
•••
  • My beef with BrandBucket......
My beef with whiners.....
  • Over 40,000 domains, They don't rotate the old domains, So old listed domains get buried.
I doubt any potential purchaser starts at the front page and wades through the pages. They would use the search function to search for a keyword related to their industry. These search results are not influenced by the length of time the domain has been on the site, the domains shown to the purchaser are those that are most relevant to his search.
  • How many views are your domains receiving from web traffic or from visitors on their website? No way for you to know! WHY? Because if you really knew that your domain was sitting there for 1 year and only 2 people viewed it, you would remove your domains off their website.
The fact that you haven’t figured out how to track traffic by forwarding your domains is not their fault.
  • Now you must buy credits to list, even if the domain is rejected you lose the credit.
There are TWO programs. Each has their own benefits/drawbacks. ONE of them has the option to use a credit to submit domains. If you don’t like it, use the other program.
  • Because too many domainers are removing their listed domains, Now they implement rules that actually hurt their company even more. (Meaning, accounts not in good standing cannot add or transfer IN domains).
Why do you think this is hurting their company? They are rewarding those members that submit names and list those that are approved. Why would anyone want to keep members that either don’t publish submitted names or remove names at a later date? If it were my company I’d zap these guys pronto, I think it’s very generous of BB to allow them to continue using their marketplace.
  • CONFLICT OF INTEREST with their own Staff members selling their own domains on the website. How d we know their own domains are not being rotated to the front of the line? Correct! Is not fair. You are stupid if you think they are not doing it.
And GoDaddy/Sedo/Brandroot/etc staff don’t have any names on their platform... hmmm. There is no conflict of interest. It’s their platform. You can choose to list your domains on their platform at whatever rate they decide or not, it’s 100 percent your choice. If you don’t like it, don’t do it. Don’t whine after you’ve decided to do it.
  • 30% Commission - Soon they will have no choice to lower. "Too many competitors lurking"
There are 100s of website that will list your domains. None of them have the contacts and outreach to potential purchasers (particularly start-ups) that BB has. Go and list your domain with a platform that only charges 10% commission. I'm sure you'll be delighted with 90% of nothing in your pocket.
  • Prices on logos ($100 - $200) that look like a 5 year old created them. No way for you to have a say so on logo design. Silly? Maybe! But, a nice logo design can sell a domain.
Are your fingers broken or is there some other reason why you can’t create your own logos?
  • Lastly, No "MAKE OFFER" button for potential buyers to make offers on our listed domains. Everyone wants a deal! Maybe they are willing to pay few hundred bucks less. But because Brandbucket does not have the make offer option, POOF!! Their goes a potential sale.
You don’t need a ‘make offer’ button when you sell regularly at full price. Those that really want the domain will find the money and come back to buy the domain eventually. Any long term domainer will tell you this.
  • So.... what do the smart buyer do? They contact you directly. What do you do?
    C:\Users\Mum\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
Nice. </sarcasm>
  • By that being said, I've had a BrandBucket account for over 6 years now. In those six years, I've sold 6 domains. All 4Letter.com's.
Congratulations. Genuinely. Whatever price you sold at, you know you wouldn’t have ended up with that figure in your pocket without Brandbucket... or you would have removed your names after the first sale and not sold the other 5.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations. Genuinely. Whatever price you sold at, you know you wouldn’t have ended up with that figure in your pocket without Brandbucket... or you would have removed your names after the first sale and not sold the other 5.
You may have a point in regards of "Sales Price" for those 6 domains.
But is not always true!!!
Elevated.com was rejected by BrandBucket, 1 Month later I sold it for $20,000 on Flippa.
Also some of my 4letter domains I've sold outside of BrandBucket for good money.
As a domainer, If you are buying domains just to put on Brandbucket, Good luck and Sit and wait!
Is like playing the LOTTO... Maybe you will get lucky..

•••
You may have a point in regards of "Sales Price" for those 6 domains.
But is not always true!!!
Elevated.com was rejected by BrandBucket, 1 Month later I sold it for $20,000 on Flippa.
Also some of my 4letter domains I've sold outside of BrandBucket for good money.
As a domainer, If you are buying domains just to put on Brandbucket, Good luck and Sit and wait!
Maybe you will get lucky! Is like playing the LOTTO...
That we can agree on. I've shaken my head at some of my rejects and I'm sure plenty others here too have done the same.

We find it hard to accept that our name 'isn't a good fit for their marketplace', but if it isn't, then it just isn't, we need to get over it and move on.

Thrilled with your sale of Elevated! Smashing price too, well done!

•••
That we can agree on. I've shaken my head at some of my rejects and I'm sure plenty others here too have done the same.

We find it hard to accept that our name 'isn't a good fit for their marketplace', but if it isn't, then it just isn't, we need to get over it and move on.

Thrilled with your sale of Elevated! Smashing price too, well done!

Your always one of the first to stand up and defend BB any time someone says something about this company you are there spokesman.

•••
Your always one of the first to stand up and defend BB any time someone says something about this company you are there spokesman.
*their

I'm sure I'm as much a pain in the arse to them as the rest of you.

•••
*their

I'm sure I'm as much a pain in the arse to them as the rest of you.

Bs. I'm sure you got a invite to there speical slack group

•••
Bs. I'm sure you got a invite to there speical slack group
Of course I am a member, along with 191 other Brandbucket sellers.

It's really not hard to get into the 'special slack group'

Submit names. If they are accepted, list those names. Simple.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back