Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brandbucket is not gonna sell anything. Its too overcrowded and most of inventory for sale is owned by the BrandBucket owner anyways.
overcrowded?
not gonna sell anything?

I dont own BB and yet in December I sold 2 domains on BB (each domain sold for $3400)...and I only have a small portfolio.

•••
I think the holidays is what delaying a response. I think BB is a great place to sell though they now have a lot of domains to sell.
I am going to reach out to them again today.
I hope delay in paying for listing doesn't affect my account.

•••
overcrowded?
not gonna sell anything?

I dont own BB and yet in December I sold 2 domains on BB (each domain sold for $3400)...and I only have a small portfolio.

Nice sales sir.

•••
Sold vivo--.com December
Sold vita--.com October
My domain names. 74

•••
Hi
I got a BB account with my email Hemanttilotia at gmail dot com.
5 out of 20 domains were accepted by BB. I couldn't keep track of it as I was busy in my fintech startup but recently paid for all 5 & listed them on BB.
Now, when someone tried to transfer some BB published domains into my account, it says my account isn't in good standing.
Please see and if someone from BB can update my account, it would be a great help.
I have written to their support and yet to hear back.
The delay in paying for listing was purely unintentional.
I yesterday submitted 10 domains to BB , will my account's standing affect my domain acceptance?
@Keith DeBoer : Can you please help here ?

These 5 are not published yet? If I understood you correctly, your status should change to good once they become live.

•••
Yes, that became A+ the moment I validated the DNS. 4 others are pending DNS validation.
So, how much time would it take to reflect the changes ??
When can someone send me BB published domains?
My BB email is Hemanttilotia at gmail dot com.
Thanks.

•••
overcrowded?
not gonna sell anything?

Pretty impressive!
How "small" a portfolio exactly?
Any sales in the months before that?

•••
Pretty impressive!
How "small" a portfolio exactly?
Any sales in the months before that?
under 100 domains

i started less than 7 months ago.

•••
Hi
I got a BB account with my email Hemanttilotia at gmail dot com.
5 out of 20 domains were accepted by BB. I couldn't keep track of it as I was busy in my fintech startup but recently paid for all 5 & listed them on BB.
Now, when someone tried to transfer some BB published domains into my account, it says my account isn't in good standing.
Please see and if someone from BB can update my account, it would be a great help.
I have written to their support and yet to hear back.
The delay in paying for listing was purely unintentional.
I yesterday submitted 10 domains to BB , will my account's standing affect my domain acceptance?
@Keith DeBoer : Can you please help here ?

Hi, I think when those get published you will have a good rating on your BB dashboard. This is a big holiday weekend in the US so emails from Friday may not be responded to until Tuesday or Wednesday. Feel free to remind them if you haven't heard back by Wednesday. Happy New Year!

•••
•••
I have the same problem. Published name couldn't go into my account from another BB user. I contacted support to say I'm the new owner of the name and need it pushed to me and now they're investigating it but I have no answer otherwise.

My submissions were a long time ago and before the changes in policy. Since there is no way to tell if your name will be rejected it's almost pointless IMO to bother submitting any if it messes up your rating and ability to receive purchased names that are already published.
Just to clarify...........a BB seller's rating is negatively effected if they don't publish the names that are accepted. The amount of rejected names won't effect your rating.

•••
I think the holidays is what delaying a response. I think BB is a great place to sell though they now have a lot of domains to sell.
I am going to reach out to them again today.
I hope delay in paying for listing doesn't affect my account.
I don't think the delay in paying/publishing will have any carryover effect. :glasses:

•••
How many sales have you had in those 7 months?

•••
Just to clarify...........a BB seller's rating is negatively effected if they don't publish the names that are accepted. The amount of rejected names won't effect your rating.
Ok that makes more sense now. Thanks.

•••
Yes, that became A+ the moment I validated the DNS. 4 others are pending DNS validation.
So, how much time would it take to reflect the changes ??
When can someone send me BB published domains?
My BB email is Hemanttilotia at gmail dot com.
Thanks.
Best to work directly with BB on this. They are generally very timely in their responses. [email protected] :-P

•••
Introducing the BrandBucket Seller Growth Program
In our continuing efforts to improve seller experience, we are thrilled to announce the new BrandBucket Seller Growth Program. This opt-in program is aimed at reducing costs for sellers by eliminating the need to register domains prior to submitting them to our marketplace. As a seller, you can obtain an "appraisal" on submissions which will help you decide whether to purchase a domain. By not having to pay registration fees on names that are not accepted, your overall costs will decrease.

Here are the key features:

• Submit unregistered names. You register only the names that are accepted.
  • $1 appraisal fee per submitted domain.
  • $9 listing fee per accepted domains.
  • $50 in initial credits if you sign up by January 12th.
To see exactly how much the Growth Program can save you, check out this cost calculator that will show the cost savings based on your current investing strategy on BrandBucket.

ROdhZ27ktqflSzxI0PuoUwhIwG7SYA_Xqnzy35ByztRlXCqXYJ3uypCy3fp4FSgLgbzn7YuwadiOdpr1977XM4WU-4zQTCQSjHJ0y8VIF4Lx8BuV4OXd=s0-d-e1-ft

To get started with the Growth Program, email [email protected] and we will be happy to change your account and add 50 free credits if you sign up by January 12th. Once you have made the switch, we would love hear your feedback to see how the program is working for you.

For more information, download this Growth Program document that discusses the program in more detail. As always, if you have any additional questions, feel free to email myself or [email protected].

•••
$1 appraisal fee per submitted domain

If rejected, does the $1 appraisal come with an explanation to why it wasn't accepted?

•••
New system ...

Last edited:
•••
...This opt-in program is aimed at reducing costs for sellers by eliminating the need to register domains prior to submitting them to our marketplace...
HAHAHAHA :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Best joke I've heard this year! Sure, hurry up, sign up and send in your best ideas ASAP so BB founders can pick and choose and register the best ones for themselves! :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
If rejected, does the $1 appraisal come with an explanation to why it wasn't accepted?

Nope. It is the same as the normal.They answer to all submissions in 72 hours

HAHAHAHA :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Best joke I've heard this year! Sure, hurry up, sign up and send in your best ideas ASAP so BB founders can pick and choose and register the best ones for themselves! :sneaky:

I tried the system for a month or so I think and I finally decided to gwt back to my old system. One of the reasons being if I like a name I reg regardless of what BB will say so why pay to have it reviewed? If you are solely buying for publishing on BB then this program is good , if not then it isnt.

•••
Nope. It is the same as the normal.They answer to all submissions in 72 hours

I tried the system for a month or so I think and I finally decided to gwt back to my old system. One of the reasons being if I like a name I reg regardless of what BB will say so why pay to have it reviewed? If you are solely buying for publishing on BB then this program is good , if not then it isnt.
The only benefit of staying in the old system is you save $1 if your goal is to get an appraisal only.

•••
The only benefit of staying in the old system is you save $1 if your goal is to get an appraisal only.
Yes and no.

If you are going to buy or have bought the domain anyway (because you have a back up plan if it's not accepted) then you could see it as a loss of $1 if it's not accepted. It depends on your mindset on that one.

I've been on the new plan for a while now. I saw three names for sale at $49 each in GoDaddy and submitted them to BB ($3). One was accepted so I only bought that one. In that respect, I saved myself $48 x 2.

I can understand why people would want to stay in the old plan as I do buy names before I submit them. The growth plan does open up other purchasing opportunities for me though (as in the example above) so I'll be staying with this plan.

•••
I personally have no problems with the new plan, but I do not intend to use it because I prefer to choose my purchases rather or not they become listed with BB at the end.

For me, it would cost $1 extra for every name that is rejected than it does now. Since my reject rate is high this would add substantial cost while lowering my inventory, which can be sold on other marketplaces or via landing page. Therefore also reducing my income.

I can see the usefulness to this program if you intend use BB as your exclusive marketplace and you do not want an inventory of "rejects"

If your domaining strategy is not centered solely around BB then I would recommend people do some personal reflection and math before choosing. For some it may prove vastly beneficial while to others it could become costly or box you in.

Sorry. I am not here to stomp on BB's new program - I just always feel it important to try to talk about everything from all points of view. Not here to be pro BB or anti BB.

As always I want to add the disclaimer that I have no issues with BB as my relationship with them thus far has been profitable and their support and management very helpful.

•••
Introducing the BrandBucket Seller Growth Program
I can't understand why they are focusing on expanding their marketplace even further. With 43,000 listed names, the focus needs to be on more sales IMO, and not more inventory.

This latest change is focused on sellers who hand reg their names, and while there is a few outstanding sellers that pick great names, in general new hand regged names sell at a lower rate than names with prior history. You might save yourself $2,400 USD as in the given example, but if your sales rate is substantially lower than the site average those initial savings could turn into a big lose in revenue over the longer term.

FWIW this new program makes little long-term business sense to me. The focus on trying to further grow that magic "Search 43,XXX available business names for sale" number feels like a classic "ramp-to-exit" strategy. While there's absolutely nothing wrong with that (if this is what they are doing), as a seller I want to function it into the risks associated with my domain strategy.

•••
More inventory, unless it's one's own, is bad for sellers and good for BB. There's no getting around that.

Regarding the growth program, I think it's not as simple as just saying, "I would've saved $2,000" under this system. Because you have to look also at the performance of your rejects. Like others I don't just let my rejects sit stagnant until expiry. Would I have still bought my rejects that sold to end-users (had one this week) or for a profit to other domainers if I had known beforehand that they would be rejected by BB?

I think it requires some more complicated math where you compare rates of return on BB accepts vs. BB rejects and then factor in how much capital would be invested under growth vs. the standard method.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back