IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, surprisingly BB rejected L/O/O/P/J/A/C/K which is a good name, at least I got 2 others accepted though.

Very strange the critieria, considering lots are all the same with one changed letter, surely some innovation does not hurt?

•••
I think the logo IS important. If an average domain has a 2% chance each year to be sold on BB, and a bad logo decreases this chance, then BB makes a mistake not letting the redesign.
If I pay ten bucks for listing a name, I expect a logo that's better than the ones on Fiverr. And considering the 30% commission, I would expect a better response from BB support than a simple "no" when someone asks a logo redesign.
It's not just about the logo, it's about customer satisfaction. Seller demands should be respected and considered, otherwise rival sites may defeat BB (which I would hate to see).

•••
Not all my domains are equal, or the same price, or get the same traffic,

If BrandBucket is all about helping the seller, why do they help other sellers more than others?

I don't get special treatment, you are just jumping to conclusions.

Seller demands should be respected and considered, otherwise rival sites may defeat BB

If BrandBucket was really about helping their sellers, you'd think they'd give us access to the traffic behind our domains among other things. Any additional information helps us as sellers just as it helps them as a marketplace.

I'm leaving BrandBucket because I don't believe they're truly about helping their sellers as much as they are out to help themselves. I'm sure they will respond with some run around answer like they always do.

Last edited:
•••
Chris good luck with your next step. I hope you find something that fits well for what you're looking for.

•••
Chris good luck with your next step. I hope you find something that fits well for what you're looking for.

Thank you very much.

Based on our previous correspondence, I expected a different response from you. I respect, and appreciate you taking the high road. I wish you the same continued success.

•••
Okay, maybe this is straightforward to everyone else. If so help please!

I'd like to sort the BrandBucket names according to extensions. Tbh, I'm just trying to see which domains they have in the .me extension. How do I do it?

•••
I'd like to sort the BrandBucket names according to extensions. Tbh, I'm just trying to see which domains they have in the .me extension. How do I do it?

I'm not aware of anyway to search this on BrandBucket's site. I'm sure you're aware searching ".me" or ".ly" in BrandBuckets search doesn't work. I can suggest the following Google search hacks:

.Io Domains
.Me Domains
.Ly Domains

For those unaware, when you search .ly on BrandBucket, the search doesn't return domains related to .ly in any way. Instead this search yields all .coms.

8 of the first 10 are owned by none other than, surprise, surprise, @michaeljkrell

11.PNG

Does anybody else wonder what BrandBucket's annual sales rate is when you exclude BrandBucket employees? You know, the sales rate of us common folk.

Last edited:
•••
I guess there's an idea for them. Since they also accept .ly, .me and .io, people should be able to search according to TLD.

•••
Those are seriously some ugly logos. Worse than most clip art that's out there.
Do you think its appropriate for you to be posting these kind of messages on this thread.
Thank you, perhaps you're right. Please point me to the more appropriate thread.
You can join the conversation on 99Design's Facebook page <- Link
it seems that ex-BrandBucket seller's aren't welcome in this thread.
I'm sure anyone with BB experience is welcome, most certainly those evaluating alternate options.

This is the latest example of why I feel ex-BrandBucket sellers aren't welcome in this forum. (There are examples of ex-seller who aren't marketplaces being unwelcomed in the past)

I understand and respect @Theydon's position to think a competitor shouldn't be badmouthing one another because of the obvious motive.

I welcomed Michael's opinion on the logo quality because he used to be a logo designer for BrandBucket.

How do you think other designers feel about the designers who design 10 logo's per hour when it takes them an hour to design 2 logos? For this, I welcomed the opinion of BrandBucket's former logo designer.

Last edited:
•••
I guess there's an idea for them.

I have another idea: Provide a delete my account button on the website.

Here's what happened when I emailed brandbucket deleting my account. Brandbucket.com/profile/qewt

er.PNG

qw.PNG

What do you mean Q/e/w/t.com has been added to your removal queue? They rejected this domain twice...

qqqq.PNG

qqq.PNG

I even emailed @michaeljkrell asking him to take another look. He failed to provide me the courtesy of response.

mmk.PNG

I ended up listing this domain with @Namerific where I experienced top notch customer service.

$5 listing fee's for bulk sellers, free logo revisions, and they allow you to choose your selling price. They also allow you to list with places like Sedo and Afternic.

Namerific has adapted, improvised, and overcame. Will BrandBucket?

adsf.PNG

dde.PNG

For those unaware, Namerific has implemented their New Bulk Feature to add domains.

Last edited:
•••
On the positive side, I like my last logo published with BB

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 12.40.15 AM.png

•••
I honestly think that its 100x more important to focus on the keywords AND categories for each of your listings, versus focusing on the logo.
@Domainzy, these are different things, and one can not replace the other. High-quality keywords will not solve the problem of low-quality logos.

And... I can not control the keywords and categories as well as the logo. Therefore, I suspect that the customer support's answer will be same.

I always park my domains while I wait for BB to review them for approval. During this time I get to see if its a possible income domain. I had one domain that was generating $1-$2 a day and luckily BB denied the name, and it still generates income almost daily.
Where you park your domains?

I would recommend @Simdes move these domains to another marketplace like @Brandroot
Thank you @Grilled Jesus, I still thinking about this.

It's not just about the logo, it's about customer satisfaction.
Exactly @kaposzta, this is very good definition. Unfortunately, instead of accepting and solving the problem, the company seeks an excuse, and gives advice to do everything myself, or go to another company.

•••
Yes your read the title correctly and if you take action today you will be very pleased. I don’t believe in hiding techniques, I believe in sharing and I believe in taking action quickly. Today I bring to you a proven method of using Brandbucket sold list profitably.

Let’s now dive in. I selected a random sample of BB domains that sold this month to be **oud*rio.com

Important facts you should note about this BB sold domain

0 years of historical Whois records.

Creation Date: 2015-12-02

Sold on BB on: 2016-03 For $1,795 (Approx) Sold time: Less than 3 months

Domain Char Length: 9

Approx Gross profit: $1,795 -$10 = $1,785

Generated Gross Profit Of Approx $595 from just $10 investment

Yes the seller of this Domain is a genius, I shall explain why.

If you split that domain into 28 possible, letter combinations (min 3 char) and check each of them in dictionary and in brandbucket sold list collected by Dnbolt you will found out the following:

**oud is a Keyword in dictionary and also in BB sold list *rio is NOT a keyword in dictionary but is a keyword in Brandbucket Sold List: *rio

Interestingly enough the keyword “*rio” in Brandbucket sold list existed as a domain that sold. And the keyword **oud is also quite demanding. You can see that I have brought some light to scene and this analysis might spark some ideas in your mind. In my blog here I have also discussed great methods.

Let me know what you think and if you disagree with my approach.

•••
Not all my domains are equal, or the same price, or get the same traffic

If BrandBucket is all about helping the seller, why do they help other sellers more than others?

100x more important to focus on the keywords AND categories for each of your listings

@Domainzy, these are different things, and one can not replace the other. High-quality keywords will not solve the problem of low-quality logos.

@Domainzy Do you have the ability to focus on keywords and categories for your listings? Is this yet another example of the **boys club privilege?

** Sorry Margot, your boys are failing to fix a leaking hole and the ship is sinking. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but if this behavior of fighting your sellers to protect your own interests rather than working with your sellers protect our investment continues, the industry will evolve and you will notice a difference in the quality of domains submitted to your marketplace. It seems your team has lost sight of what once made you THE brandable marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe the answer is Fiverr logos get accepted. Whilst you wouldn't necessarily have a portfolio to show BB maybe they should relax this if you are providing logos through Fiverr, after all Fiverr logos are in most cases better than the average BB logo.

Maybe the reason they don't allow us to submit Fiverr logo's is because these designers aren't accepted as "BrandBucket Designers". I have no evidence of the following, and would appreciate any clarification.

I assume a "BrandBucket' designer is considered an employee of sort to BrandBucket and as such the Logos created for BrandBucket becomes BrandBucket's intellectual property?

I'm only saying this because I assume now that I'm leaving BrandBucket, I don't have the rights to the logo I paid BrandBucket to create. If I, or a Fiverr designer I hired, and weren't a "BrandBucket" designer it'd be hard for them to retain rights to the logo.

What motive would BrandBucket have to retaining logo rights?
This is the hardest part about leaving BrandBucket. I'm leaving with 100+ domains, and I can't reuse the logo's I paid for. It's why I stayed despite the many issues I had with them. Essentially, it's monopolizing the industry by creating a resellers market and creating IP from your listing fee's.

Have you guys heard of BrandDo.com? They offer FREE listing fee's and they only charge you a 12% fee when they sell your domains. The catch is you have to provide your own logo. It sure would be easier if I could take the logo's I paid BrandBucket for over to BrandDo. They have the most sophisticated bulk upload system. I submitted 1,000 domains in only 30 minutes.

BrandDo.com has adapted, improvised, and overcame. Will BrandBucket?

bbd.PNG

As you can see, BrandDo.com ranks pretty high in Google for some important keywords.

Last edited:
•••
@Grilled Jesus

Im sorry your having a hard time accepting that BB did not agree with your suggestion. In business there are many ways to accomplish the same task. Sometimes we have to accept that the business owners get to decide which way to accomplish tasks and how to run their business. And they might not always agree with a suggestion.

•••
Im sorry your having a hard time accepting that BB did not agree with your suggestion. In business there are many ways to accomplish the same task. Sometimes we have to accept that the business owners get to decide which way to accomplish tasks and how to run their business. And they might not always agree with a suggestion.

@Domainzy - I'm sorry your missing the point and contributing to unfair business practices. I'll be back later with facts and debates about a multitude of issues. I look forward to seeing how you dodge more issue. It'll be a month long QA session until I leave. You can either fix the issues I bring up, or continue blowing smoke. Instigating only motivates me to reveal more issues.

saa.PNG

giphy.gif

Last edited:
•••
@Grilled Jesus I always park my domains while I wait for BB to review them for approval. During this time I get to see if its a possible income domain. I had one domain that was generating $1-$2 a day and luckily BB denied the name, and it still generates income almost daily. I don't get special treatment, you are just jumping to conclusions.

We shouldn't lose focus of what makes us a community. A community that comes together to help one another by answering questions as the come. Sometimes they are not the answers we want to hear, but even so, it allows a debate in which we can all benefit through growth.
Where you park your domains?

@Domainzy Here's a question even you can answer. That is, if you're all about helping the seller like you claim to be.

Last edited:
•••
@Grilled Jesus Sad to see you go. Where ever you end up, best of luck! I have tried to keep up with your wild imagination, but I don't have enough time in the day.

@Simdes I use Above.com for parking. I highly recommend it, because they switch your parking company based on which one currently pays the most.

•••
@Grilled Jesus Sad to see you go. Where ever you end up, best of luck! I have tried to keep up with your wild imagination, but I don't have enough time in the day.

Thanks @Domainzy! Thanks to you instigating me into committing myself in 29 Days of BrandBucket QA, you'll have another 29 days to try and keep up.

Stay tuned for my Easter tip tomorrow. It's all about how I got free listing fee's with BrandBucket and how why you could should get some too! That is, if BrandBucket treats everybody the same, and has as good of Customer Service as they say they do...

Also, a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who's been emailing and PMing me your BrandBucket issues. I'm happy to be the anonymous face behind your issues! I couldn't go 29 more days without the continued support from all of you.

What's my motive? I'm looking for a fair marketplace for all. Since there doesn't seem to one to date, I'm hoping competition will create one. I, and many others, have tried coming to BrandBucket quietly before, and we've noticed they've rarely responded favorably.

Feel free to PM or email your issues to [email protected]

I promise to keep the source anonymous, and only distribute information you authorize.

Last edited:
•••
I'm leaving BrandBucket because I don't believe they're truly about helping their sellers as much as they are out to help themselves.
There business is to sell domains, so I've no idea why you think they should put sellers ahead of buyers?

What do you mean Q/e/w/t.com has been added to your removal queue? They rejected this domain twice...
An honest mistake that your non-specific email request to close your account was mistaken for a domain removal. IMO your email was the problem and not Julia's response.

This is the hardest part about leaving BrandBucket. I'm leaving with 100+ domains, and I can't reuse the logo's I paid for.
I've never paid for a logo until a name has sold. I can leave tomorrow and take all the logos I've paid for (i.e. none). Do you have a different type of account from mine?

•••
"If you accept the world as is today, you'll be late to the world of tomorrow."
There business is to sell domains, so I've no idea why you think they should put sellers ahead of buyers?
Stay tuned for the next 29 Days of BrandBucket QA. I will detail why I think otherwise. 20,000 domains listed in the last 18 months ($200,000 in listing fees) only begins to scratch the surface of my beliefs.

I've never paid for a logo until a name has sold. I can leave tomorrow and take all the logos I've paid for (i.e. none). Do you have a different type of account from mine?

Did you not pay $10 listing fee's? You can spin it however you want, but you're paying for something (If you aren't operating off Free credits from voting or if BrandBucket is giving you free listing fees)

History has shown us time after time how competition can change industries. Why do you think eBay offers Free listing fees?

feee.PNG

Ebay Link

Some people thought e-mail should be a paid service like the USPS. Google thought otherwise when they developed GMail, and acquired 189 other companies. They also just release $150 worth of professional photography software for free. Some business's are about helping others, some are about helping themselves. BrandBucket will have their opportunity to change, adapt, and improvise to the future of the industry as I detail it in the next 29 Days of BrandBucket QA.

An honest mistake that your non-specific email request to close your account was mistaken for a domain removal. IMO your email was the problem and not Julia's response.

$5 listing fee's for bulk sellers, free logo revisions, and they allow you to choose your selling price. They also allow you to list with places like Sedo and Afternic.

Namerific has adapted, improvised, and overcame. Will BrandBucket?

44274_5ac54d8f4fbe172aa056aece3c92a50a.PNG

44276_048393d6ff39fb11e72c09a4476ae441.PNG

For those unaware, Namerific has implemented their New Bulk Feature to add domains.

Thank you for your opinion. It would almost appear I used that BrandBucket experience as a chance to highlight the account name which is also a domain with a positive story related to Namerific. On a related positive note, Michael reached out to me privately acknowleding the miscommunication and offered a sincere sounding departure, unlike @Domainzy and his narrow imagination.

Hey, Chris,

Julia obviously made a mistake in getting back to you. All your listings will be set to be removed on April 25th.

We are happy that we were able to help you sell 3 names. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

Kind Regards,
Michael

Thank you @michaeljkrell for remaining professional. I will be airing a lot of concerns during my 29 Days of BrandBucket QA. I hope you can return to the company to the industry leader you once were and begin to accept our concerns as genuinely as you once did.

Last edited:
•••
I have always liked the look of BR and gave it a try, I submitted 10 names to you and never heard anything back. Bit disappointing.
The same story. Submitted a bunch of names a couple weeks ago, but never heard back. Disappointed. Won't work with them even if they finally respond.

•••
I have always liked the look of BR and gave it a try, I submitted 10 names to you and never heard anything back. Bit disappointing.
Same here...

•••
@Brandworthy

At BB you pay a $10 fee for a listing that includes a logo and description, so it´s logic that the logo & description belong to you not to BB as you paid for it ... if you leave their marketplace you should take it wherever you want. IMO :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back