IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Post was deleted by Namepros. Pretty sure it got reported by a BB rep.

For the record I am not a BB seller myself. I removed the few names I had on BB when they reached 15 000 names, and decided to try on my own. So NO I am not undercover....I am just a brandable domainer that read this thread among others to keep up.

@Brandroot , Well, I am not surprised if they did remove your post , on the contrary I am very surprised that you use this thread expressively trying to recruit BB sellers by promising special treats for them.

What do you think this behavior tells the brandable domainers community? That you are the guy that sticks with them you when the wind blows? I am pretty sure that you by your highly unprofessional behavior just scared a bunch of new potential sellers away. I think you are on the wrong track favoring only former BB sellers. What happens when they are jumping next time?

@Grilled Jesus, your main argument for leaving BB was that everyone should be treated the same?
Do you think @Brandroot is treating all their sellers the same?

I would also like to say that even though I didn't always agree with BB in selection of names and volumes of names, I was always treated just and polite. And I wouldn´t dream of BB using Blackhat methods to recruite sellers, which and they of course don´t need to anyway.

•••
For the record I am not a BB seller myself. I removed the few names I had on BB when they reached 15 000 names, and decided to try on my own. So NO I am not undercover....I am just a brandable domainer that read this thread among others to keep up.

@Brandroot , Well, I am not surprised if they did remove your post , on the contrary I am very surprised that you use this thread expressively trying to recruit BB sellers by promising special treats for them.

What do you think this behavior tells the brandable domainers community? That you are the guy that sticks with them you when the wind blows? I am pretty sure that you by your highly unprofessional behavior just scared a bunch of new potential sellers away. I think you are on the wrong track favoring only former BB sellers. What happens when they are jumping next time?

@Grilled Jesus, your main argument for leaving BB was that everyone should be treated the same?

I would also like to say that even though I didn't always agree with BB in selection of names and volumes of names, I was always treated just and polite. And I wouldn´t dream of BB using Blackhat methods to recruite sellers, which and they of course don´t need to anyway.

It's interesting you say they wouldn't need to recruit sellers when that is exactly what they are doing. It's time to start dreaming because BB is using "blackhat" methods of recruiting our sellers. They've already done it with our sellers unsuccessfully, offering a new system to them in the form of profit sharing. BB wouldn't dare deny this since we have solid evidence that it is happening. They are feeling the Brandroot pressure immensely as sellers flock from their platform and we continue to grow our sales. I have no shame or regret in attracting their business. They do it in a sly and sneaky way, telling my sellers to sign an NDA and I do it in the open for all to see. I'm not embarrassed of Brandroot's competitive nature and the more I witness their unethical, crafty ploys the more I'll go after them. They'll be exposed for everything they are soon enough. It's just a gradual waiting game.

Offering a better platform, with better quality and features to our customers is unprofessional? Care to explain? Competition is what makes things better for everyone. What other reason would BrandBucket and any other marketplace have to improve their product?

As for recruiting only BB sellers, this is just a current, ongoing effort because of recent developments (one I mentioned). We are always working through our applicants to find serious domainers to take on. We just do it slowly and carefully, which has resulted in a very clean and reliable marketplace for our buyers.

Last edited:
•••
.....Offering a better platform, with better quality and features to our customers is unprofessional? Care to explain? Competition is what makes things better for everyone.

I was of course not referring to your platform or offered features as unproffesional, in fact I like what I have seen of your platform and its features.

I was referring to the method of your pretty aggressive marketing posting in this thread as unprofessional as it is a bit off topic IMHO. I think that kind of posting belongs in the Brandroot experience thread.

•••
I was of course not referring to your platform or offered features as unproffesional, in fact I like what I have seen of your platform and its features.

I was referring to the method of your pretty aggressive marketing posting in this thread as unprofessional as it is a bit off topic IMHO. I think that kind of posting belongs in the Brandroot experience thread.

I understand. Well unfortunately we get mentioned in this thread so it's sometimes necessary to speak in this thread.

•••
Fair enough, I think you have made your point, BB sellers with 100+ portfolios are welcome, others don´t bother or get in the 250+ applications queue....

•••
Well you're completely wrong about BB not using "blackhat" methods of recruiting sellers. They've already done it with our sellers unsuccessfully, offering a new system to them in the form of profit sharing. They are feeling the Brandroot pressure immensely as sellers flock from their platform. I have no shame or regret in attracting their business. They do it in a sly and sneaky way, telling my sellers to sign an NDA and I do it in the open for all to see. I'm not embarrassed of Brandroot's competitive nature and the more I witness their unethical, crafty ploys the more I'll go after them. They'll be exposed for everything they are soon enough. It's just a gradual waiting game.

Offering a better platform, with better quality and features to our customers is unprofessional? Care to explain? Competition is what makes things better for everyone.

Care to elaborate on the profit sharing offers as it would be more in line with the title of this thread than promotion?

Seems like a first hand BB experience to me.

I'd like to add that I think that publicity nearly always is better from user/citizen perspective than the alternative.

Business is not always pretty. You do what it takes (within the boundaries of the law of course). But you also need to carry yourself in a respectable way. Getting unethical will bite you back. (I'm not saying you are.)

Then again, one of the most vital factors for innovation is competition. Modern communication makes it possible for "dummies" to get quite educated about that. Good!

More data to analyze about where to invest - or not invest. (Yup, I am a "dummy". For now.)

•••
@KickstartNames You bring up some great points and I'm excited to answer them.

However, my message is about competition, and how eventually it's what determines industry standards. I can't get my point across when NamePros deletes BrandRoots empathetic offer help a BB customer who was ripped off. I am sure there are many of you who don't understand just quite yet, and report the post as they see it as aggressive marketing when I see it as a company stepping in to right a wrong another company refused to right. Nonetheless, I can see some of you were some how offended by this, and thus this thread has shown many times over that ex-BrandBucket sellers are not welcome in this thread.

By offering to accept experienced domainers with 100+ domains from BrandBucket, BrandRoot is basically saying we understand. They realized early on some things BrandBucket was doing that they didn't like, and decided to do something by making their own marketplace. I'll admit they're not perfect, but they're disrupting the industry by saying, if you feel you've wasted listing fee's then come on over to BrandRoot free of charge. They are essentially giving anybody with 100 BrandBucket domains a $1,000 opening credit for having the courage to say enough is enough. If you notice on the previous pages, I've promoted other MarketPlaces (BrandDo, Namerific, and BrandRoot) who have made steps to change the industry into a sellers market. I will be promoting any Marketplace I see promoting better industry standards.

So with that said, I will get more in depth with my comments, and views of how the industry is changing in a new 29 Days of Brandable QA thread instead of 29 Days of BrandBucket QA. I will start the new thread later tonight, and as my opening post, I will detail how I got FREE BrandBucket listing fee's, and why you should get some too.

Thank you all who supports healthy competition, and also, Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited:
•••
At BB you pay a $10 fee for a listing that includes a logo and description, so it´s logic that the logo & description belong to you not to BB as you paid for it ...
The designer's fee covers the cost of the design, and since it's not paid until the name sells how can you claim ownership?
Exactly.

It really sucks to see this thread descend into acrimony, when many users have tried so hard to make it something of value to the community here. It's worth mentioning that there is far more positive and constructive content in this thread, and that of all the brandable marketplaces BB has the most valuable seller feedback on NP. Hopefully we can revert to that constructive conversation soon.

•••
I am just amazed how BB allowed simple issue of logos develop into such a confrontation. They should have admitted that regardless of them being right or wrong, there are quite a few sellers that perceive it (right or wrong) as a problem and there are bunch of easy ways to address it.

Instead BB chose either to dismiss the issue, or become quite confrontational (and no, it is not good idea for the brand ambassador to get involved in that manner).

Sellers saw something as ugly and instead of solving it they were told a) they are nice; b) even if they are ugly it does not matter, focus on keywords (which probably you can't change; c) write to us and we will change it (seller says his request(s) got rejected; d) here are examples of great companies that focus on simple logo, simple color, mostly blue etc. What? Your logo is neither of those? It is mix of ten colors? It is wiggly-wobbly? It is blurry? Who cares, clients don't pay attention at logos anyway. Oh, why logos of staff/ambassadors are nicer? Just dumb luck. Why our newsletter picks up disproportionate number of nicer logo names? Hmm... let me find couple you called ugly and then dismiss your argument.

As an investor planning to build up a portfolio of 1000+ names with brand markets, including 150+ pronounceable LLLL.coms, I think this whole ordeal made me to pause and think. I will give BR a try and compare my experience vs BB.

If I were an owner of such a marketplace, I'd treasure sellers like GJ, outspoken, honest, caring about community. I'd make sure all his concerns are addressed and feedback is listened too. Instead, he has been treated very unfairly.

•••
After a week of complaining, BrandBucket admitted to the mistake, and rewarded me with free listing fee's. I was upset as a Noob and dumbfounded to why they rejected my favorite brandable at the time. I sold it cheap on NP, and was soon enraged when I saw it published to BB for another seller. I recommend anybody who has been wronged in a similar way to reach out to Julia at [email protected] so they know your story. Feel free to reach out to me if they ignore your requests. I'll be happy to help report the wrongs the fail to right on another media outlet in which I'll detail the competitive brandable inustry as a whole.

1pppp.png

4 Month's later (Before Domainzy was a BrandBucket ambassador) I tried to write a wrong, I assumed the domain Domainzy sold me was a BB reject because of the bargain price. Hence, why I brought forth the issue because I knew other NPers were being wronged, and I hadn't heard of them trying to publicly right these wrongs.

a1.PNG

a2.PNG

a3.PNG

I have tried to keep up with your wild imagination, but I don't have enough time in the day.

I never followed up with Domainzy to see if BrandBucket issued him free listing fee's or if it was swept under the rug. This is the ironic stint of our conversation.

1.22.PNG

Last edited:
•••
At BB you pay a $10 fee for a listing that includes a logo and description, so it´s logic that the logo & description belong to you not to BB as you paid for it ... if you leave their marketplace you should take it wherever you want. IMO :)

Exactly!

The designer's fee covers the cost of the design, and since it's not paid until the name sells how can you claim ownership?

I'm afraid you've missed the point. I can understand how it may be difficult for somebody with 800+ published BrandBucket domains to accept what I'm saying. I will detail these wrong doings via another media outlet so you can have your thread back.

•••
I can understand how it may be difficult for somebody with 800+ published BrandBucket domains to accept what I'm saying.
I fail utterly to see how having 800+ names listed makes any difference to my ability to understand you?
I will detail these wrong doings via another media outlet so you can have your thread back.
Not my thread, but I think moving your complaints to their own thread/medium will be helpful to getting back to where reporting sales and documenting other useful information becomes again the primary purpose of this thread.

I'm sorry you have not had a good experience with BB, but I honestly believe that to be the exception and not the rule. That may not provide much relief for you, but try to consider that those of us that have had good experiences with BB probably can't relate well to your complaints.

I hope you have success with your brandable domain sales going forward.

•••
I fail utterly to see how having 800+ names listed makes any difference to my ability to understand you?

I'm only saying this because you are seeing this from a perspective of being heaving invested with BrandBucket. 800+ listed domains equate to $8,000+ in listing fee's depending how you acquired such. It would seem that if BrandBucket changed their policies to help the seller, loyal sellers like yourself may see your initial listing fee's over priced. They could obviously subsidize this, but why take the hit if they feel their marketplace will remain superior if continuing with their initial strategy.

I'm sorry you have not had a good experience with BB, but I honestly believe that to be the exception and not the rule. That may not provide much relief for you, but try to consider that those of us that have had good experiences with BB probably can't relate well to your complaints.

I thank you for your empathy, and respect your position of wanting this thread to remain positive. I no longer wish to wake up and spend my day fighting with BrandBucket and invested sellers about practices that I feel BrandBucket should want to fix if they're really all about helping the seller as @Domainzy has repeatedly coined. I wish you, and other sellers the best of luck in your future endeavors.

I have yet to decide where I will be taking my domains. I will detail the options in said other media outlet. I have around 1,500 brandable domains, and I intend to spread them out equally across the marketplaces in efforts of finding which marketplaces are more about the sellers than others, and so forth.

Last edited:
•••

Exactly.

It really sucks to see this thread descend into acrimony, when many users have tried so hard to make it something of value to the community here. It's worth mentioning that there is far more positive and constructive content in this thread, and that of all the brandable marketplaces BB has the most valuable seller feedback on NP. Hopefully we can revert to that constructive conversation soon.
I don´t know if the designer fee is covered by the $100 award (if the domain sells) or if that is only a way to motivate them and expect a higher quality. The domain seller has no deal with the designer, he deals with BB exclusively. Is possible that designers get part of the $10 listing fee as well ... Anyway, seller pays a $10 listing fee wich includes a logo and a description. Having paid for that means you own the logo and the description and can take them away when you leave BB. This is what I believe is logic !

Last edited:
•••
@Grilled Jesus Everyone reading this could pick 9 names they don't like from every market place, but no one is willing to waste valuable time on something like that.

@Domainzy I hope you understand that our valuable time is only wasted when our suggestions are voiced to closed minds.

I have tried to keep up with your wild imagination, but I don't have enough time in the day.

I hope you can find the time and customer service skills to understand that I once tried to right a situation in which I believed you were wronged, and now you are in a position of ambassador power, and have the voice to right the wrongs of others as I once tried for you.

If you're still curious about this networking karma, I'm sure you'll find the better side of karma by practicing selfless motive instead of wondering the motive of my imagination.

Last edited:
•••
This is really getting childish and annoying.

Just in case, I don't have any intention of starting any conversation. Just saying.

I hope thread gets back to normal sometime.

•••
@Grilled Jesus I really think you should create a new thread for your BrandBucket QA stuff.

•••
This is really getting childish and annoying.

Just in case, I don't have any intention of starting any conversation. Just saying.

I hope thread gets back to normal sometime.
Exactly.

•••
To the best of my knowledge listing fees are a part of all the major brandable marketplaces: Namerific, BrandRoot and BrandBucket. I don't like them but if I have to 'pay to play' then that's life. As far as owning our logos. That's been brought up on this thread before and Krell said the publishing fees do not go to the logo designers. Where do the fees go? Here's what the BB Seller's page says :
bandicam 2016-03-28 09-01-25-779.jpg

•••
To the best of my knowledge listing fees are a part of all the major brandable marketplaces: Namerific, BrandRoot and BrandBucket. I don't like them but if I have to 'pay to play' then that's life. As far as owning our logos. That's been brought up on this thread before and Krell said the publishing fees do not go to the logo designers. Where do the fees go? Here's what the BB Seller's page says :
44379_dc4a5915b037462ad4fe0e8f969d871e.jpg

See BrandDo.com
$0 Listing fee's and only 12% commission.
The catch is you'll have to provide your own logo's but you'll be able to keep full rights to them if you decide to leave.

@Grilled Jesus I really think you should create a new thread for your BrandBucket QA stuff.

I'm going to start a general Brandable QA thread at some point, if I don't decide to publish on a private blog. I just wanted to put one last BrandBucket related experience on the books so the content didn't take away from my new posts which are going to be about the brandable industry as a whole. In the mean time, you can find me in the experience threads of other brandable marketplaces (and perhaps BrandBucket rejects from time to time)

I will humbly bow down from this thread until one last final good bye on April 25th, when I officially leave BrandBucket.. I wish everyone the best of luck in both domains, and more importantly, life.

Last edited:
•••
@Simdes I use Above.com for parking.

Thank you @Domainzy for your information. I will try this company for my domain names.

@Simdes, I'm sorry about your experience at BB. Brandroot can offer you free listings for the domains you move over from BB and we will guarantee that you will like the logos we provide for them. If you don't like them we will redesign a new one for you.

Thank you very much, @Brandroot, I read your message before deleting. I will contact you within a few days.

I recommend anybody who has been wronged in a similar way to reach out to Julia...

I have a very interesting story with a very well known figure in the lead role. Therefore I think the problem will never be solved to my advantage. :)

•••
Has anyone made an effort to find out who exactly are brandbucket buyers?

•••
Has anyone made an effort to find out who exactly are brandbucket buyers?

We certainly have and we believe we've found some very questionable behavior on BB's part. We've recently made ourselves a very astute BB watchdog, hopefully to the benefit of all brandable domainers.

•••
I like the kind of watchdogs that report on what they find and support any claims with evidence. Best kind. The barking variety not so much though. So, what did you find?

•••
I like the kind of watchdogs that report on what they find and support any claims with evidence. Best kind. The barking variety not so much though. So, what did you find?

Sure would like to share but we don't have enough information yet as to what exactly is going on. Will definitely update this thread when we are sure without a doubt. Otherwise it's mere speculation. What we can do right now if allowed on this thread is share BB's daily sales. @Eric Lyon does that break any rules?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back