IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
840 names listed. I think 26 sales to date.

•••
if your trend continues, that would be around 45 sales for the year or around 5%. That is very good.

•••
Brand bucket is a numbers game. In my experience if you want to sell more than just 1 or 2 names a year you need to have hundreds of names listed. The main issue many people face when trying to build up their portfolio on brand bucket is the rejections vs accepted names. Honestly I believe it is better to buy already listed or approved domains than to try to go out and register names hoping they will get accepted.

•••
Brand bucket is a numbers game. In my experience if you want to sell more than just 1 or 2 names a year you need to have hundreds of names listed. The main issue many people face when trying to build up their portfolio on brand bucket is the rejections vs accepted names. Honestly I believe it is better to buy already listed or approved domains than to try to go out and register names hoping they will get accepted.
What is your acceptance rate?

For me personally it looks like it's much more worth it to reg and count on my acceptance rate. I think from around 250 names I submitted, I got +/- 50% approved at the end.

Until now I've just used the fact that I can achieve this acceptance rate to flip them quickly on here, but I just paid for 20 names today, I've never published a name before so I'll see how it goes..

By the way, if anyone is interested to build a bigger BB portfolio, I'm still accepting offers for my portfolio of 96 BB approved names. ;)

•••
Anyone else having problems validating domains? I use nameservers ns1, ns2 (BB.com). Set it last night, hours later, NS's updated (forwarding correctly) they're still not validating.

@michaeljkrell the brandbucket.com/domain url doesn't work anymore for approved names (only for published). It used to point to a coming-soon-to-BB page, now it's just a 404 error. Is this normal, bug, or temporary issue?

•••
WOOHOOO!! Finally got a name accepted. After 18 rejections I get a hand reg'd Zamoli.com accepted.

•••
Congrats all on your sales, slow start for me still but looking forward to the year and 12 BB sales ;)

•••
I am having DNS Validation issues on 2 domains since last night... Never had a problem before. They always went through instantly in the past.

So seems maybe they are having an issue looking at other's comments?

I tried NS and forwarding. Neither seems to work.

Emailed support this morning.

•••
I also had issue validating accepted domains.

I thought I was the only one affected.

Brand bucket. Please sort it out

•••

Ditto

•••
I am having DNS Validation issues on 2 domains since last night... Never had a problem before. They always went through instantly in the past.

@michaeljkrell

•••

Yeah, having problems here too. First time ever.

Guess it's some kind of system problem. Now they've been informed I suppose it won't take to long to solve it. Hope BB keeps us updated.

•••
Thanks for letting us know everyone. We are currently looking into the issue and hope to get it resolved shortly. For everyone that submitted helpdesk requests, Julia will be getting back to you.

Glad to see all the sales coming in. January was a banner month for us, and February has been equally as strong so far.

•••
Ok, the problem has been resolved. If anyone runs into the same problem in the future, please let us know. Thanks!

•••
@michaeljkrell the brandbucket.com/domain url doesn't work anymore for approved names (only for published). It used to point to a coming-soon-to-BB page, now it's just a 404 error. Is this normal, bug, or temporary issue?
I'm still seeing this issue Michael.

•••
•••
I'm still seeing this issue Michael.

Indeed. I checked again a minute ago and still returns 404 even if domains are validated.

•••
Indeed. I checked again a minute ago and still returns 404 even if domains are validated.

Yup, I didn't check the listing. Validation went through, but the listing returns 404. Still in publishing queue though. I had one already published name kicked out for some reason and had to revalidate it. That one has no issues.

Last edited:
•••
Worked for me yesterday. It was noticeably slower than it used to be, but it did ultimately validate.

•••
Worked for me yesterday. It was noticeably slower than it used to be, but it did ultimately validate.

It's not about the validation. This is the issue which still persists:

•••
It's not about the validation. This is the issue which still persists:

Yes I know that. I wasn't commenting on anything other than validation.

•••
@michaeljkrell

How about posting your sales from December and January?

•••
If we don't like the suggested price - are there any other options, @michaeljkrell? Maybe someone else can take a look ? Cause I surely refuse to list some of my domains for the BB suggested price.

•••
I just sold a BrandBucket domain: L/u/m/i/d/o/r/a

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back