IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two clear correlations about BB acceptance rate
1) acceptance rate goes up and quality goes down - how else do you reach 20k+ names
2) acceptance rate goes up following impostion of $10 listing fee

•••
Very I satisfied with the acceptance rate from bb these days.

I take it you meant "unsatisfied"?

I've had 11 rejects out of my last 12 submissions -- very unusual. Typically I track at about 40% to 50%.

Here are my rejects:

Ralti
Qlout
StateFile
BigDouble
Sasoa
Infallibly
Yelsy
Pixarama
Thopa
FreeRealm
Milzy

And my 1 accept:

Capzi

@JudgeMind Regarding whether submitting in bulk is a bad idea, I was thinking the exact opposite because I submitted mostly one or two at a time for the above. And I have submitted largely in bulk (5-10) in the past so I don't think it matters how you do it.

I am curious if others have had low acceptance rates this week?

•••
Sold O * D * A * V * A which went live 2 days ago. My quickest sale so far on BB.

•••
I take it you meant "unsatisfied"?

I've had 11 rejects out of my last 12 submissions -- very unusual. Typically I track at about 40% to 50%.

Here are my rejects:

Ralti
Qlout
StateFile
BigDouble
Sasoa
Infallibly
Yelsy
Pixarama
Thopa
FreeRealm
Milzy

And my 1 accept:

Capzi

@JudgeMind Regarding whether submitting in bulk is a bad idea, I was thinking the exact opposite because I submitted mostly one or two at a time for the above. And I have submitted largely in bulk (5-10) in the past so I don't think it matters how you do it.

I am curious if others have had low acceptance rates this week?

On the contrary I've had a good run acceptance-wise during the last weeks. Submitting every day.

•••
Sold S l e e p D e c k
Was on site for about 40 days

•••
•••
Congrats to everyone who had recent sales. Always good to hear.

I'm at 11,762 listed-days and have had 3 sales, which equates to a 9.3% annual sell-through rate.

•••
So here's some admittedly overly simplistic math on that...

Let's say I pay $15 per name I submit to BB, representing a mix of GD Expiring and hand-reg purchases.

And then let's assume I have a 40% acceptance rate.

I buy 250 names for a total of $3,750 and submit them.

40%, or 100 of them, are accepted.

Now I've got to pay $10 per accept to get them published.

So my total costs end up being $4,750. It costs me $47.50 to get one published name :(

I've got a 9.3% sell-through rate, and a 100-name portfolio, so I end up selling 9.3 names over the year.

Let's assume $1,000 in pocket per sale.

Sales: $9,300
Cost: $4,750
Pre-tax profit: $4,550
Pre-tax return on capital: 96%

That is a healthy return.

But there are many risks and the chief one I worry about is BB changing its business model somehow in a way that negatively effects sellers. So a higher potential return is warranted. We are not talking about US Government bonds here.

But what if I had a 3.5% sell-through rate? which many have speculated is more in line with the overall average. Well, I've lost ($1,250) in that case.

Maybe Year 2 will save me. I renew my 100 names for a total additional cost of only $800. If I sell 2% of my portfolio in Year 2, I've finally broken even. If I sell 3.5% again, I break even six months into Year 2. But breaking even after a year-and-a-half or more is not really a domainer's dream. Maybe it should be, though -- if one has a viable business model.

Anyway, an interesting thing is that if you can figure out how much it costs you to get one name published (including listing fee and cost of rejects), in the above hypothetical case it was $47.50, then if you just move the decimal point one place to the left, 4.75%, you can see at what sell-through rate you break-even after a year.

But ultimately, there is only one way to make money on BB that I can see, and that is in submitting names that have a decent shot to sell for $X,XXX+, which you purchased at a fair or even cheap price. Everything else is out of your hands.

And then, if that works, throw more money and brains into the effort to magnify effect :)

•••
So here's some admittedly overly simplistic math on that...

Let's say I pay $15 per name I submit to BB, representing a mix of GD Expiring and hand-reg purchases.

And then let's assume I have a 40% acceptance rate.

I buy 250 names for a total of $3,750 and submit them.

40%, or 100 of them, are accepted.

Now I've got to pay $10 per accept to get them published.

So my total costs end up being $4,750. It costs me $47.50 to get one published name :(

I've got a 9.3% sell-through rate, and a 100-name portfolio, so I end up selling 9.3 names over the year.

Let's assume $1,000 in pocket per sale.

Sales: $9,300
Cost: $4,750
Pre-tax profit: $4,550
Pre-tax return on capital: 96%

That is a healthy return.

But there are many risks and the chief one I worry about is BB changing its business model somehow in a way that negatively effects sellers. So a higher potential return is warranted. We are not talking about US Government bonds here.

But what if I had a 3.5% sell-through rate? which many have speculated is more in line with the overall average. Well, I've lost ($1,250) in that case.

Maybe Year 2 will save me. I renew my 100 names for a total additional cost of only $800. If I sell 2% of my portfolio in Year 2, I've finally broken even. If I sell 3.5% again, I break even six months into Year 2. But breaking even after a year-and-a-half or more is not really a domainer's dream. Maybe it should be, though -- if one has a viable business model.

Anyway, an interesting thing is that if you can figure out how much it costs you to get one name published (including listing fee and cost of rejects), in the above hypothetical case it was $47.50, then if you just move the decimal point one place to the left, 4.75%, you can see at what sell-through rate you break-even after a year.

But ultimately, there is only one way to make money on BB that I can see, and that is in submitting names that have a decent shot to sell for $X,XXX+, which you purchased at a fair or even cheap price. Everything else is out of your hands.

And then, if that works, throw more money and brains into the effort to magnify effect :)

40% of 250 names accepted. It leaves you with 150 domains that are certainly not worth $0. So you also have to consider you might easily get between $5-$100 for each of these 150 domains. This reduces your "BB expenses" by a lot.

•••
@DoumB21 That's true but it is external to BB, so I left it out. It also requires effort to cash out of rejects which is a cost above what it takes to just sit there while BB works to sell your names.

•••
I sadly don't have time to work out my listed days on ~800 names (it's quite a nice metric FWIW), but I can say that I'm confident my annual sell through rate is nowhere near 9.6%. That figure is likely skewed by such small numbers - one less sale would likely bring you down by >3%. As you scale up you'll likely approach the true average sales rate, and I still suspect it's running at 2-3% across BB.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sold S l e e p D e c k
Was on site for about 40 days

One of my domain H o t e l D e c k went live today. I hope this will also get sold in few days :P

•••
What do you guys think of UpLaunched.com? Brandable name or not?

•••
What do you guys think of UpLaunched.com? Brandable name or not?

With the past tense I wouldn't invest in this name. I also think that the 2 words don't make eachother better, the way good 2-words do. Launches are made upwards, you don't need to emphasize that. It is redundant information.

UpLaunch or LaunchUp would do it for me. Not UpLaunched.

That said it might just aswell sell the same day it is published.

•••
•••
UpLaunched.com was not approved for submission. Was disappointed with that decision.

•••
UpLaunched.com was not approved for submission. Was disappointed with that decision.
I agree, i think it is a descent name, above the average at BB

•••
I agree, i think it is a descent name, above the average at BB

It's a fair quality name in my opinion, like @KickstartNames said, better than many average names we see at BB these days.

But don't give up, there's always tomorrow.

Happy domaining.

•••
QUOTE="JudgeMind, post: 5054619, member: 949077"]UpLaunched.com was not approved for submission. Was disappointed with that decision.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing...there are a lot of "up something" listed names many of them being inferior to yours me thinks

UpCommand , ModeUp, InfluenceUp, UpStash, UpTile, HopsUp, UpCube, UpPractice

What the heck is influence up and what sort of business can you start on this name?

•••
Ulaunched.com is currently listed....

•••
Does anyone know how the home page listings works?

Is it some sort of order or just random?

•••
I think that the higher priced names make it to the front page, and get bumped off as more (new) higher priced names get featured.

•••
I think that the higher priced names make it to the front page, and get bumped off as more (new) higher priced names get featured.

Thank you . The reason I'm asking is that one of my names been listed a few days ago and just disappeared from front page, checked the next 4-5 pages and couldn't see it.

•••

I have a similar feeling towards U p h a n c e . com that was also one of my BB rejects this week. I was going for the same vibe as U p r i s e o (com) that was recently published.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back