NameSilo

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Any sales to share?
A few months ago they were between 3 and 4 sales per day on average, but I think that lately the sales are down to 1-2 per day...do you have some extra stats?

•••
A few months ago they were between 3 and 4 sales per day on average, but I think that lately the sales are down to 1-2 per day...do you have some extra stats?

I dont' think so, I was referring to actual domain sales.

•••
Interesting possible sale: truckk/com => $2,195; RegDate: 2006-01-07

Let's see how popular these pattern are for bb past sales:

plankk/com =>$2,295
sukk/com $8,495
stackk/com

Some list of other startups using the "KK"

webtrekk/com
artklikk/com
jointrekk/com
doublethinkk/com
silverbakk/com
dailytekk/com
relianttekk/com
loyakk/com

-- List trimmed :stop:

Does this list go against what we have been taught by the pros who forbids having the ending letter doubled if
it's a two word keyword? Yes/No?

Out of 29 bb listed domains ending in "kk" only 3 are two worded.
feedbackk/com
teamworkk/com
chipmunkk/com

Last edited:
•••
aren't feedback, teamwork and chipmunk one words not 2 words?

•••
•••

plankk/com =>$2,295
sukk/com $8,495
stackk/com

webtrekk/com
artklikk/com
jointrekk/com
doublethinkk/com
silverbakk/com
dailytekk/com
relianttekk/com
loyakk/com

Does this list go against what we have been taught by the pros who forbids having the ending letter doubled if

feedbackk/com
teamworkk/com
chipmunkk/com

Do you realize that only truckk, if that sale is true, would be "doubling the ending letter" where the letter is part of 2 letter sound?

Sukk is replacement of "c" if it is meant as suck or maybe even a hack for souq

with the rest of your examples of startups, pretty much all of them are replacement of ck/ch with kk or just doubling a standalone k.

So, yes, in my opinion, making ck to ckk is a bad idea, regardless of that one sale, as it is really hard to communicate and the same for changing sh into shh etc.

•••

plankk/com =>$2,295
sukk/com $8,495
stackk/com

webtrekk/com
artklikk/com
jointrekk/com
doublethinkk/com
silverbakk/com
dailytekk/com
relianttekk/com
loyakk/com

feedbackk/com
teamworkk/com
chipmunkk/com
With short single keywords it seems adding any letter anywhere within the name makes it a potential seller. You can't do that with two words and still be memorable so doubling the last letter isn't a bad thing if it makes sense. I like teamworkk and feedbackk but not chipmunkk. If it's a popular short term I think it works.

As the pool of acceptable names becomes smaller the more open a startup will be to using the next name variation. A name like Teamworkk is easy to remember and easy to tell someone. It's teamwork with 2 K's. The real question is would a startup use that name when teamwork.com is a real live company? Probably not so it will probably never sell even though it could be an acceptable option.

•••
A new idea flashed into my mind after my short nap.

Is it also possible to verify sales from Level 2 list by further observing which of the shortlisted names get's republished? If true my cost will be cut down tremendously.

Has anyone used or thought of this approach? Want to know if it's worth executing?

Example we can see that 'giddygo/com' was republished today.

Is it necessary to have a watch list for observing which names from level 2 gets republished?

If you can't reply then pm. Thanks

Last edited:
•••

plankk/com =>$2,295
sukk/com $8,495
stackk/com

webtrekk/com
artklikk/com
jointrekk/com
doublethinkk/com
silverbakk/com
dailytekk/com
relianttekk/com
loyakk/com

feedbackk/com
teamworkk/com
chipmunkk/com

On this note, any chance BB will accept Spankk /./ com? :ROFL:

•••
•••
•••
Never allow or depend on a particular source for your analysis.

Consult other places to seek for the common truth.

Example: Using and depending only on bb sales list with even 100% accuracy will give you nothing but war noise.

Using other sources and adding bb sales list as a curry spice (regardless of level of accuracy) gives nothing but the common truth. Why the curry spice? Read here

Disagree? I would like to hear why!

Last edited:
•••
Random Report:

No sign yet of 'labs' slowing domain. Latest sold =>beginlabs/com @$2,295
Keyword 'pay' doing pretty good. In fact financials in general.

Best flip of the month by choice goes to:
merrchant/com @ $1,995 RegDate => 2017-04-26

The CEO and managing director crunching the market as usual, no sign of them slowing down.

Last edited:
•••
merrchant/com @ $1,995 RegDate => 2017-04-26
It's a great sale, but I cant help but think it's a horrible brand. How do you market that brand? Who will remember that you need to double the "r"? The human brain recognises words not by reading the entire word, but through recognising patterns, so what happens in most cases is that users will perceive the word "merchant" and miss the double-r. If the double letter is at the end then there's far more chance users will identify the double letter, but I think Merrchant is a terrible name due to the length of the word. That's not to say that this isn't a good sale, but I think crap brand names like this aren't going to stay popular for very long.

•••
It's a great sale, but I cant help but think it's a horrible brand. How do you market that brand? Who will remember that you need to double the "r"? The human brain recognises words not by reading the entire word, but through recognising patterns, so what happens in most cases is that users will perceive the word "merchant" and miss the double-r. If the double letter is at the end then there's far more chance users will identify the double letter, but I think Merrchant is a terrible name due to the length of the word. That's not to say that this isn't a good sale, but I think crap brand names like this aren't going to stay popular for very long.

That's why I said it was good flip if you get what I mean... ;)

The buyer is Indian an is:

1. Either happy with sale and aware of the double 'r'
OR
2. Unaware of the correct spelling..

Remember that many technological startups are launching in India? What does that mean to us as domain investors? Are buyers in India starting to gain momentum? How can I network with them?

For more info on the name =>https://dnbolt.com/merrchant

Last edited:
•••
This month look's like the month of "ii".

Anyone interested in flipping theirs PM me thanks.

•••
This month look's like the month of "ii".

Anyone interested in flipping theirs PM me thanks.
Did not understand this? Do you want PMs of domains with double "i"s ?

•••
It looks like bb sold V/a/b/y
upload_2017-7-30_14-45-35.png

Seems like the buyer got a bargain?

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
How active is the name my company in terms of generating sales?
I think very bad. I believe there also have a lot of spam/spurious requests

•••
How active is the name my company in terms of generating sales?

I tried a period and suggested 238 names and about 10 times it was the preferred name but I did not sell any of them, so I stopped spending time with it - Maybe others have better experiences than me?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back