NameSilo

Braden Pollock Steps Down from Epik BoD

Located in Reviews, started by EJS, Jun 10, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

When I register domains at Dynadot, the regular .com registration price appears to be $8.75. If I'm not logged in, it shows $8.99. I think it's the same for transfers but I would have to check.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

Those are the prices I see when logged in and when not, and it is explained in their pricing page that they have those three tiers. You cannot get 8.75 I think without pre-funding the account with $500. I am seeing 8.99 since my account is not pre-funded.

3. Silentptnr

I have never pre-funded ever at Dynadot. I have about 600 domains there, but I never pre-fund. I am certain the price I have is $8.75.

I think it's something to do with annual spend.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  4. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

Maybe it does but that is the information on their website in regards to the bulk pricing. Even if it is related to yearly spending, which is very possible since they show a graph and they calculate it based on the number of domains you have in your account, do you believe they beat Epik's 8.49 regardless of if you spend 500 yearly or not , with minimum being 41+ every month? Simply 500 yearly spending gives you 8.75 rate for .COMs in all stages.

5. Silentptnr

No, I think Epik is lower priced by a small bit.

6. johnn

johnn WeSellName.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This thread is going to be a long thread.

7. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It was closed.

8. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

Thank God it was “un-closed” if you will.

I see intelligent rational discourse.

by majority? Thank you for opening. Still look forward to Rob reply (If does) Thank you @DanSanchez much-needed added context!

Samer

9. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP

For those who missed it, I stated my position here this morning:

As I have been doing from time to time lately, this video comment was one take, straight from the heart.

As for the Board change, I do wish @Braden Pollock all the best. He and I have had different views on the free speech issue for a long time now. However, we did seek common ground and compromise.

In part due to the ongoing dialog with Braden, my own position on free speech has evolved. I do think there is a line for acceptable use. It is one that we do actively enforce with a dedicated abuse manager.

Braden and I remain friends. In fact, we spoke at length today. Braden is still both an Epik client and Epik shareholder. He has some great domains. We are happy to be a part of his domaining success story.

Specific to the triggering event for this decision by @Braden Pollock , I do stand by the decision to retain @DanSanchez.

For those who know Dan, it should be apparent that he continues to mature and that he is a positive force for the industry bringing great value through the NameLiquidate project.

It is regrettable that Dan dropped an ill-timed F-bomb as his smartphone smashed to the ground during a hot mic moment.

As for the sensationalist followup from Mike Cyger, I was disappointed by that, particularly as he has acknowledged to me that he believed Dan's story.

As some here know, Epik does have many ardent fans and supporters. Some of them have come to our public defense, all entirely of their own initiative. I will continue to advocate for civility and positivity.

Stay classy folks.

10. Silentptnr

As long as you/Epik, support/host/associate with organizations that are known to be racist in nature, organizations that other major industry companies, as well as the general public have taken a public stand against for what should be obvious reasons, you should not be disappointed or surprised by any reaction or erosion of business relationships. You should actually expect it.

I know you understand others, that believe equally as firmly, that there is absolutely no place for racism and hate on this planet, and that any support of such an organization is by association controversial at a minimum. Most businesses avoid controversy, directly or by association. But I know you know this.

I'm sure aside from all the other issues you mentioned, you also realize that the single major issue I read about most, is your/Epik supporting/hosting/associating with a known racist organization.

I genuinely like the person (Rob) I speak directly with, one on one. It's hard to think of you on the phone with an organization clearly used as a hub for racists. How do you talk about helping them grow? :)

You know I say these things in the spirit of respect and with a sincere hope for you/Epik to have all the support of both the industry and the general public. I think you know that support is valuable and important.

Let's catch up some time soon.

11. kam

kam Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't support racist. But I support free speech and I think people need free speech to evolve.

Perhaps the wording 'racist' was created to manipulate people's minds. They use fear to lock most of the people to think inside a box, it just make the situation worst and it become a never ending story.

IMHO, the people whom created the word racist is the most racist people. In history, during cold-war, we have capitalism vs communism, everybody was forced to pick a side. Where is our freedom? why we can't pick a Ideology in between? Sadly not many people have a critical thinking to understand this.

12. Silentptnr

That's what I mean. Sometimes our egos, thinking we alone have the answer, cloud the basic truth. Supremacy, racism, any form of hate just doesnt work. No excusing it. No rationalizing it. It's okay to let it be just plain wrong.

13. carob

carob Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

14. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

With all due respect, you apologized on Twitter for the expletive issue but did not do so here.

I see you are now A—trying to justify a horrible tweet you made in 2019 and B- shift blame for all to Braden.

Braden didn’t do the offensive tweet you did. Braden didn’t scream the expletive at a suspicious time— you did. Personal accountability sir.

You are lucky Rob believes in you so much. Not many would still employ someone that has further tarnished an allready controversial entity with newly found racially charged tweet and perfectly timed mishap on a mic.

Brands, celebs, and people go down for lesser things or similar things. Other brands disassociate because what makes you look bad makes who employs you look bad. Its business and this should be a learning experience. People will disassociate from that which puts their reputation into question. Its not personal its business.

15. kemjika11

kemjika11 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

But so many people are still going to do what he's going to do, so why are you attacking him? i guess cuz he's visible while the others doing the same thing arent. damn damn.

16. Samer

@Braden Pollock’s reply, I agree 100%

Stay classy,

Samer

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  17. Grilled

Grilled Black Lives Matter VIP

<<>>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  18. TCK

TCK NameOptions.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible. I mean, there are debates on the news about issues that are much lower on the hate list or of similar nature.

It's unfathomable why @Rob Monster and @Epik.com or @epik think this is in any way a winning strategy.

I think Epik will remain in the business of serving individual domainers by offering limited time discounts. Bigger businesses and domain heavyweights will avoid them due to their association and current reputation. Your reputation is everything in business.

19. Compassion

Compassion Let's do business together. PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Truth can often be stranger than fiction . . .

Hitler won Time Magazine Man of the Year in 1938.

Stalin won Time Magazine Man of the Year twice, in 1939 and 1942.

[​IMG]

20. noneisnone

noneisnone Established Member

"If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter"

the real question behind all of this is who draws the line who sets the rules seems like everyday something new is deemed bad and something new is deemed good.
    start censoring people as you please but once the snowball comes falling down headed your way don't be surprised

21. TCK

It is clear common sense to separate business and personal opinion. You want to start a crusade, why not start a non-profit NGO. It's free speech.

22. Samer

A separate LLC allows for greater flexibility Dorsey said LLC allowed him to specifically dedicates shares to causes in his $1B fund.
    Zuckerberg pledged 99% his wealth to LLC!

“LLC more flexibility in investing in for-profit social enterprises and also supporting political causes, allowing them a freer hand” Smarter to be an LLC for nonprofit than “nonprofit”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/...s-philanthropy-uses-llc-for-more-control.html

23. Compassion

No. It was a response to the post above that naively suggested what you see below.

"I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible."
    by TCK

24. TCK

I would like to think we have advanced a long way since 1938, 1939, or 1942. Don't you?

25. Compassion

In some ways yes.

In some ways no.

Life expectancy in the USA has been going down, for one.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice