Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EJS

DomainInvesting.comVIP Member
DomainInvesting.com
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had to revisit this post of yours just for clarification:

Dynadot pre-funding of accounts provides 8.75 rate for .COMs in all stages ( Registration, Renewal, and Transfer ). This they call BULK.
"Prepayments of $500.00 or more instantly qualifies you for our discounted bulk pricing."

Now there is something they call Super Bulk which is "Prepayments of $5000.00 or more instantly qualifies you for our further discounted super bulk pricing."

The Super Bulk provides 8.50 rate for .COMs in all stages ( Registration, Renewal, and Transfer ).

Namepros members get 8.49 for all pricing regardless of pre-funding or not at Epik.

With that said, I am not sure if @Dynadot gives you better deal than what @Rob Monster Epik is providing to all members of Namepros which is 8.49 which if they do means they are giving you pricing that is outside the 3 layers they announce on their site , Regular, Bulk, and Super Bulk.

Of course there is the following too which some big portfolio owners might find interesting although the credit is not that much:

"
Prepayments from $10000.00 to $49999.99 paid by bank wire or check get a 1% credit bonus.
Prepayments for $50000.00 or more paid by bank wire or check get a 2% credit bonus. "

To get the prices for Bulk and Super Bulk of Dynadot, you would need to pre-fund the account,while at Epik to get 8.49 all you need is to be a Namepros member.
Source: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/com.html

I have many names in both places so these are the prices I see. I believe if Super Bulk gives you 8.50 then Epik gives 8.49 with no funding required from Namepros members. So I am not sure how Epik could not match such rates for COMs if you are getting Super Bulk prices.
When I register domains at Dynadot, the regular .com registration price appears to be $8.75. If I'm not logged in, it shows $8.99. I think it's the same for transfers but I would have to check.

•••
When I register domains at Dynadot, the regular .com registration price appears to be $8.75. If I'm not logged in, it shows $8.99. I think it's the same for transfers but I would have to check.
Those are the prices I see when logged in and when not, and it is explained in their pricing page that they have those three tiers. You cannot get 8.75 I think without pre-funding the account with $500. I am seeing 8.99 since my account is not pre-funded.

•••
Those are the prices I see when logged in and when not, and it is explained in their pricing page that they have those three tiers. You cannot get 8.75 I think without pre-funding the account with $500. I am seeing 8.99 since my account is not pre-funded.
I have never pre-funded ever at Dynadot. I have about 600 domains there, but I never pre-fund. I am certain the price I have is $8.75.

I think it's something to do with annual spend.

Last edited:
•••
I have never pre-funded ever at Dynadot. I have about 600 domains there, but I never pre-fund. I am certain the price I have is $8.75.

I think it's something to do with annual spend.
Maybe it does but that is the information on their website in regards to the bulk pricing. Even if it is related to yearly spending, which is very possible since they show a graph and they calculate it based on the number of domains you have in your account, do you believe they beat Epik's 8.49 regardless of if you spend 500 yearly or not , with minimum being 41+ every month? Simply 500 yearly spending gives you 8.75 rate for .COMs in all stages.

•••
Maybe it does but that is the information on their website in regards to the bulk pricing. Even if it is related to yearly spending, which is very possible since they show a graph and they calculate it based on the number of domains you have in your account, do you believe they beat Epik's 8.49 regardless of if you spend 500 yearly or not , with minimum being 41+ every month? Simply 500 yearly spending gives you 8.75 rate for .COMs in all stages.
No, I think Epik is lower priced by a small bit.

•••
This thread is going to be a long thread.

•••
•••
It was closed.

Thank God it was “un-closed” if you will.

I see intelligent rational discourse.

by majority? Thank you for opening. Still look forward to Rob reply (If does) Thank you @DanSanchez much-needed added context!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
For those who missed it, I stated my position here this morning:

As I have been doing from time to time lately, this video comment was one take, straight from the heart.

As for the Board change, I do wish @Braden Pollock all the best. He and I have had different views on the free speech issue for a long time now. However, we did seek common ground and compromise.

In part due to the ongoing dialog with Braden, my own position on free speech has evolved. I do think there is a line for acceptable use. It is one that we do actively enforce with a dedicated abuse manager.

Braden and I remain friends. In fact, we spoke at length today. Braden is still both an Epik client and Epik shareholder. He has some great domains. We are happy to be a part of his domaining success story.

Specific to the triggering event for this decision by @Braden Pollock , I do stand by the decision to retain @DanSanchez.

For those who know Dan, it should be apparent that he continues to mature and that he is a positive force for the industry bringing great value through the NameLiquidate project.

It is regrettable that Dan dropped an ill-timed F-bomb as his smartphone smashed to the ground during a hot mic moment.

As for the sensationalist followup from Mike Cyger, I was disappointed by that, particularly as he has acknowledged to me that he believed Dan's story.

As some here know, Epik does have many ardent fans and supporters. Some of them have come to our public defense, all entirely of their own initiative. I will continue to advocate for civility and positivity.

Stay classy folks.

•••
For those who missed it, I stated my position here this morning:

As I have been doing from time to time lately, this video comment was one take, straight from the heart.

As for the Board change, I do wish @Braden Pollock all the best. He and I have had different views on the free speech issue for a long time now. However, we did seek common ground and compromise.

In part due to the ongoing dialog with Braden, my own position on free speech has evolved. I do think there is a line for acceptable use. It is one that we do actively enforce with a dedicated abuse manager.

Braden and I remain friends. In fact, we spoke at length today. Braden is still both an Epik client and Epik shareholder. He has some great domains. We are happy to be a part of his domaining success story.

Specific to the triggering event for this decision by @Braden Pollock , I do stand by the decision to retain @DanSanchez.

For those who know Dan, it should be apparent that he continues to mature and that he is a positive force for the industry bringing great value through the NameLiquidate project.

It is regrettable that Dan dropped an ill-timed F-bomb as his smartphone smashed to the ground during a hot mic moment.

As for the sensationalist followup from Mike Cyger, I was disappointed by that, particularly as he has acknowledged to me that he believed Dan's story.

As some here know, Epik does have many ardent fans and supporters. Some of them have come to our public defense, all entirely of their own initiative. I will continue to advocate for civility and positivity.

Stay classy folks.
As long as you/Epik, support/host/associate with organizations that are known to be racist in nature, organizations that other major industry companies, as well as the general public have taken a public stand against for what should be obvious reasons, you should not be disappointed or surprised by any reaction or erosion of business relationships. You should actually expect it.

I know you understand others, that believe equally as firmly, that there is absolutely no place for racism and hate on this planet, and that any support of such an organization is by association controversial at a minimum. Most businesses avoid controversy, directly or by association. But I know you know this.

I'm sure aside from all the other issues you mentioned, you also realize that the single major issue I read about most, is your/Epik supporting/hosting/associating with a known racist organization.

I genuinely like the person (Rob) I speak directly with, one on one. It's hard to think of you on the phone with an organization clearly used as a hub for racists. How do you talk about helping them grow? :)

You know I say these things in the spirit of respect and with a sincere hope for you/Epik to have all the support of both the industry and the general public. I think you know that support is valuable and important.

Let's catch up some time soon.

Last edited:
•••
I don't support racist. But I support free speech and I think people need free speech to evolve.

Perhaps the wording 'racist' was created to manipulate people's minds. They use fear to lock most of the people to think inside a box, it just make the situation worst and it become a never ending story.

IMHO, the people whom created the word racist is the most racist people. In history, during cold-war, we have capitalism vs communism, everybody was forced to pick a side. Where is our freedom? why we can't pick a Ideology in between? Sadly not many people have a critical thinking to understand this.

•••
I don't support racist. But I support free speech and I think people need free speech to evolve.

Perhaps the wording 'racist' was created to manipulate people's minds. They use fear to lock most of the people to think inside a box, it just make the situation worst and it become a never ending story.

IMHO, the people whom created the word racist is the most racist people. In history, during cold-war, we have capitalism vs communism, everybody was forced to pick a side. Where is our freedom? why we can't pick a Ideology in between? Sadly not many people have a critical thinking to understand this.
That's what I mean. Sometimes our egos, thinking we alone have the answer, cloud the basic truth. Supremacy, racism, any form of hate just doesnt work. No excusing it. No rationalizing it. It's okay to let it be just plain wrong.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sure, here is the video I commented on for context. Braden spent 6 hours going through 7000 of my Tweets to find a joke a I posted in response to an absurd video that claimed victims of crimes should not be armed because the perpetrators are black (in this particular case) and should not fear being shot.

Code:
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1104042339314659328

I replied to a comment, in an crude and satirical way that is not repeated anywhere else in my tweets. But watch for yourselves and make up your own minds.

Notice the message above mine is exempt from the screenshots being shared. It is done purposefully to blur the line and issue a conviction, instead of a question that needs to be rebutted. But it is the VERY argument this Arkansas senator used to excuse disarming people. I am against that completely, and would argue without deviation that gun control harms the black community in the US the most. See Chicago, for an example.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-09-at-6-36-56-PM.png

But I'm curious, did you read ANY of my other tweets? It's a really good view of who I am as a whole. Your comment about "expecting this from me" when you have never addressed me in any way. We have never actually spoken, ever. How can you honestly say that you expected this? You have no idea who I am and blatantly ignored how I represent myself.

I invite everyone to take a minute and read my other tweets. Yes it's a huge waste of time and you might disagree with me on some other fronts, but racism is a very specific emotion that does not apply to me personally.

It is evidenced by the fact that I don't discriminate in my domain business, i help anyone that needs it, and I've gone above and beyond for some of the poorest domainers on this forum from all over the world.

On Braden Pollock, he might be one of the greatest domainers of all time. But he is not exempt from error here. He took my mistake on DNAcademy as an opportunity to advance his own personal political gains that have affected him since WAY before I was in the picture. All while masquerading as a social justice warrior for the black community. When in fact he is just another elite .001% opportunist with zero self awareness of his own lack of morality. Literally profiteering from the harm done by police to black protesters in LA as I type this.

He was calling me a "sacrificial lamb" to my face, on video chat, as if it were some sort of honor badge to be sacrificed in his name. The man has zero nuance, and it seems you are on board with the myopic approach to discussing a politically charged issue.

Honestly speaking, I had not looked into Braden at all. One peek under the hood shows you these people are massive hypocrites in a scale that I would not have imagined. I won't drag third parties into this, but people like Braden are in power vacuum echo chamber in LA.

I lived in the US for 20+ years, and people like Braden Pollock have desecrated America with ideologies that don't belong in a civilized society. They want equality of outcome while they remain on their pedestal of oppression.

Truthfully, I hate to get political because it can be divisive.

My aim has always been responsible enterprise, voluntary association, peaceful non-aggression, mutual respect, and an undying pursuit to live in a just world by virtue of the free market.

For anyone wanting to continue this conversation, you are invited to PM me and ask me ANYTHING at all.

This video by Dr. Thomas Sowell is one of my favorite perspectives on the main issue at hand: Discrimination and Disparities. EDIT: to those who liked this talk, highly encourage to study T. Sowell in depth. He is a well of wisdom and perspective.

With all due respect, you apologized on Twitter for the expletive issue but did not do so here.

I see you are now A—trying to justify a horrible tweet you made in 2019 and B- shift blame for all to Braden.

Braden didn’t do the offensive tweet you did. Braden didn’t scream the expletive at a suspicious time— you did. Personal accountability sir.

You are lucky Rob believes in you so much. Not many would still employ someone that has further tarnished an allready controversial entity with newly found racially charged tweet and perfectly timed mishap on a mic.

Brands, celebs, and people go down for lesser things or similar things. Other brands disassociate because what makes you look bad makes who employs you look bad. Its business and this should be a learning experience. People will disassociate from that which puts their reputation into question. Its not personal its business.

•••
if that all you care about, good f-ing luck to you in life. i hope you and monster are happy together.
But so many people are still going to do what he's going to do, so why are you attacking him? i guess cuz he's visible while the others doing the same thing arent. damn damn.

•••
•••
<<>>

Attachments

• 169250_acd7b14734d7904c40f47ab73b682c59.png
    169250_acd7b14734d7904c40f47ab73b682c59.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
•••
I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible. I mean, there are debates on the news about issues that are much lower on the hate list or of similar nature.

It's unfathomable why @Rob Monster and @Epik.com or @epik think this is in any way a winning strategy.

I think Epik will remain in the business of serving individual domainers by offering limited time discounts. Bigger businesses and domain heavyweights will avoid them due to their association and current reputation. Your reputation is everything in business.

•••
I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible. I mean, there are debates on the news about issues that are much lower on the hate list or of similar nature.

Truth can often be stranger than fiction . . .

Hitler won Time Magazine Man of the Year in 1938.

Stalin won Time Magazine Man of the Year twice, in 1939 and 1942.

ELh8LCIVUAAuarm.jpg

•••
"If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter"

the real question behind all of this is who draws the line who sets the rules seems like everyday something new is deemed bad and something new is deemed good.
start censoring people as you please but once the snowball comes falling down headed your way don't be surprised

•••
"If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter"

the real question behind all of this is who draws the line who sets the rules seems like everyday something new is deemed bad and something new is deemed good.
start censoring people as you please but once the snowball comes falling down headed your way don't be surprised

It is clear common sense to separate business and personal opinion. You want to start a crusade, why not start a non-profit NGO. It's free speech.

•••
It is clear common sense to separate business and personal opinion. You want to start a crusade, why not start a non-profit NGO. It's free speech.

A separate LLC allows for greater flexibility Dorsey said LLC allowed him to specifically dedicates shares to causes in his $1B fund.
Zuckerberg pledged 99% his wealth to LLC!

“LLC more flexibility in investing in for-profit social enterprises and also supporting political causes, allowing them a freer hand” Smarter to be an LLC for nonprofit than “nonprofit”
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/...s-philanthropy-uses-llc-for-more-control.html

Last edited:
•••
Are you mentioning the history of Time magazine to illustrate Time magazine hasn't always been on the right side of history? So to be aware of/when it reoccurs?

No. It was a response to the post above that naively suggested what you see below.

"I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible."
by TCK

•••
No. It was a response to the post above that naively suggested what you see below.

"I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible."
by TCK

I would like to think we have advanced a long way since 1938, 1939, or 1942. Don't you?

Last edited:
•••
I would like to think we have advanced a long way since 1938, 1939, or 1942. Don't you?

In some ways yes.

In some ways no.

Life expectancy in the USA has been going down, for one.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back