IT.COM

Bought a new laptop - MSI wind u100

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I recently bought a second laptop, I needed something light, fast and inexpensive. I was originally looking at the HP Mini but the stats were dismal - 16gb HD - about 10 after XP was loaded, also it doesnt even have an Intel processor and has some plastic looking screen

I decided to buy a MSI wind netbook u100 for $419 (which included a 2 year warranty, new targus laptop bag and optical mini mouse). This comp is awesome - so light and has a 10" lcd screen, 1gb ram, 160gb HD, Intel Atom processor and a really nice design w/nice keyboard (not too small).

If anyone is looking for a great second laptop the Wind is perfect for someone on the go, like myself :) Not to mention it is incredibly affordable for what you are getting.

Check out MSI's site: www.msi.com.tw

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How's the battery life on that?

•••
Not too bad - around 2.5hrs on max performance if you adjust your settings you can get it to 3+

•••
ASUS Eee PC 1000HE on backorder at Amazon for $374
http://no_url_shorteners/bekl64

I've been looking into netbooks now that I'm getting quite a bit more back from uncle sam than I estimated, and I think I've decided on this one.

Considering my current IBM T42 gets about an hour on battery power, the following line caught my eye:

ASUS Super Hybrid Engine and 6 cell high density battery pack allow for longer battery lifespan of up to 9.5 hours

•••
Wow, 9.5 hours is pretty impressive - that must be one of the highest battery lifes out there

•••
Yeah, but I didn't mean to rain on your parade. I'm sure your Wind is a great laptop! It's impossible to buy anything today without it becoming "obsolete" within a week. I convinced Sprint to send me an HTC Touch Pro to replace my Mogul when it broke. A couple of days ago, HTC announced the HTC Touch Pro 2.

•••
I've owned an MSI Wind for six months. With the 6-cell battery, I can get 4-7 hours of use.

•••
jagusa said:
I've owned an MSI Wind for six months. With the 6-cell battery, I can get 4-7 hours of use.

Really - mine only gets about 3hrs, Im pretty sure I have the 6cell as well, I should look into this

•••
Looks great, Im currently looking to buy a new one so I might try MSI this time. Thx for sharing.

•••
pertosda said:
Looks great, Im currently looking to buy a new one so I might try MSI this time. Thx for sharing.

It really is a great computer for the money - i recommend it and *I have no affiliation with MSI nor am I receiving any sort of compensation for this post* ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back