BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm getting the same down under SH

•••
One of them is cats.com.ng ... all I get is a blank error page :/
its opening fine here with the bodis girl page :p

must be ur cache problem ?

•••
His cache problem doesn't explain why I can't see it.

I finally see it now.

Last edited:
•••
Ah it seems to have sorted itself out now :)

Not quite sure what happened there, maybe it needed a few hours to figure out what it was going to do with itself :)

•••
Sorry for not showing up here for a few days. Been busy working with the developers on the next update which now I am extremely excited about.

To v5x: Yes that is still on my list of things to do. Unfortunately, a lot of new things in our upcoming update but not the folders feature just yet, otherwise I'd have to extend the development timeframe some more, and already over the time so don't want to extend anymore. Folders are way up there though, I just have a few ideas to tag along with the folder idea and I have to figure out with my developer/designer on how we want to present this all in the UI. Very important feature though and won't be disregarded.

To Sparhawke: Never seen that issue. Can you tell me if this was only with that domain name? It must've been pointing elsewhere and the NS didn't update. At least I am unaware of any issues where that would happen.

Also, are you using NS or ip address forwarding for this domain?

•••
Cfguru, it happened with them all for a while, as soon as Chandan said he saw it though I tried Firefox and got it and then it started working in Opera too after that, basically all I had was the page404 error...

I used nameservers too, ns1.bodis.com & ns2.bodis.com

It seems to have sorted itself out now so all is good with the world again, all I need now is some visitors and clicks lol :)

•••
My revenue dropped 20-30%, compared with 3 months ago at bodis.

•••
it is possible bodis make supports chinese adult domain?thanks.

•••
is bodis accept for co.cc domain ?
anybody please share your experience

•••
My revenue dropped 20-30%, compared with 3 months ago at bodis.

I think it depends from one person to another: for me, February was my best month. March has seen a decrease, despite adding domain names. But one has to see it over a period of several months, I guess.

•••
I can't access Bodis using IE9. Can anyone else?

•••
Can I know Bodis' email or skype?

I see something interesting at bodis.

Some domains are earning huge with google feed.

Some domains are earning nothing with google feed. The reason being google do not show ads for those domains.

Some domains are earning huge with mamma.com feed.

I used chinese proxy to see how some of those domains look like.

I would like to ask bodis to change all domains in China where google don't show result to use mamma.com feed instead.

In fact, I noticed that domains that are using mamma.com feed for chinese traffic also use mamma.com feed everywhere.

In that case who needs google? A lot of my domains have chinese traffic. It seems that bodis cannot switch feed as a function of country. Say using google feed for US and mamma.com feed for say chinese traffic.

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

The problem with bodis is the following
1. Google ads are great outside china
2. Sometimes google don't show any ads in china
3. Mamma.com is great everywhere. Though google ads beat mamma.com outside china.

Bodis can only use mamma.com for domains banned by google.

What's the problem with this?

Well, say a domain has huge china traffic. Say google doesn't ban it. The domain will earn very little because it's NOT banned. If that can be worked out it'll be great.

•••
To luoxu001: We don't support Chinese adult names. If we review and see them we would disable.

To voxher: Yes we do support .co.cc domains

To verbster: I downloaded IE9 and do not see any issues. Can you let me know exactly what the issue is? What do you see? Perhaps a screenshot would be best.

Our support email is [email protected].

Our primary provider doesn't show ads if the domain name is banned. You can check if a name is banned here: https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=somedomain.com

Primary = not banned
Secondary = banned

Since our ads from our primary upstream provider are exclusive, we cannot switch to secondary upstream providers unless the domain is banned. Which is the only time we don't use the primary upstream provider.

We have Mamma results everywhere we can, but they don't tell us which countries they pay for, even though we pay you for every country on the Mamma feed. We take the total daily revenue from them and split it across all the clicks. That certainly needs to change as it is starting to create an imbalance.

There is almost no one that is worth mentioning for Chinese market outside of our primary provider. Not even Baidu comes relatively close.

Also, Chinese adult is illegal in China. You're not going to find any stable source of income for it unless you sell your own products on there. Sure it may appear as if someone has ads here and there for Chinese adult, but it's usually due to a technical glitch than anything else, such as Bodis with Mamma, Parked with their Chinese that they monetized for 1 cent, etc.

All are technical glitches.

You can sell your own adult products to Chinese adult visitors. That is the best way to monetize it. Not sure how much you'll make from that, if anything, but it'll be the only stable and reliable source (before the Chinese government comes knocking on your door).

Once China legalizes adult industry, then everyone will have a way of monetizing it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So all those are technical glitches? Whoever pays parked.com that 1 cents are not actually making any money?

Adult aspects aside, can't advertisers promote dating with adult keywords? Are there really no advertisers for such domains?

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Also dopa.com has baidu feed. The EPC is okay, but the clickthrough is very low. Can you give us some insider information why this is so? Is it because baidu didn't track all clicks?

Sometimes I used chinese proxies to check how my domains look like. I see that google doesn't show any ads, however the domains earn a little money nevertheless. How come?

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

CFguru, if mamma.com open some adult domains, why can't it show dating keywords rather than adult keywords? That way mamma.com can actually make more money than what they paid us. Also you said you split clicks equally. You mean mamma.com do not tell you how much each click worth?

Last edited:
•••
That's correct, this secondary provider, Mamma, gives us lump sum revenue and don't say what they pay for, so we split that across everyone.

I know they don't pay for China. So we'll have to fix that up soon.

Advertisers can promote dating / adult keywords, but not a lot when it comes to China. China is very strict and I'm sure there is some advertisers promoting borderline adult products there but I don't think you'll make a lot from that.

There's nothing that is too reliable for it because it is illegal.

As far as Parked goes, I don't know a lot about their system so I won't really get into that because for all I know I could be wrong.

At the end of the food chain, there is not many that are paying for adult Chinese traffic. None that I can think of actually.

Mamma is a middle man between some ad providers and us. They aren't the actual advertiser. So they are providing us results for ads that their providers are providing to them.

But long story short, there's not much to be made on Mamma for a fact. The only good providers across the board are Google/Yahoo/Bing.

As snicksnack said, let's not hold our breath for now.

When something comes available or some invention that will monetize Chinese adult (while still avoiding the China great firewall), then I will be the first to let you know.

Until then I guess just keep rotating and keeping it at the places that have the technical holes. Or make your own website or something.

PS
You ask why do some Chinese adult generate revenue. This can be for several reasons. 1, Google/Yahoo/Bing misclassify them as non-adult and show Chinese non-adult ads. 2, Some visitors are from neighboring Asia countries where Adult is legal, 3. Some visitors are from USA or other places, or behind a proxy.

•••
That's correct, this secondary provider, Mamma, gives us lump sum revenue and don't say what they pay for, so we split that across everyone.

I know they don't pay for China. So we'll have to fix that up soon.

Advertisers can promote dating / adult keywords, but not a lot when it comes to China. China is very strict and I'm sure there is some advertisers promoting borderline adult products there but I don't think you'll make a lot from that.

There's nothing that is too reliable for it because it is illegal.

As far as Parked goes, I don't know a lot about their system so I won't really get into that because for all I know I could be wrong.

At the end of the food chain, there is not many that are paying for adult Chinese traffic. None that I can think of actually.

Mamma is a middle man between some ad providers and us. They aren't the actual advertiser. So they are providing us results for ads that their providers are providing to them.

But long story short, there's not much to be made on Mamma for a fact. The only good providers across the board are Google/Yahoo/Bing.

As snicksnack said, let's not hold our breath for now.

When something comes available or some invention that will monetize Chinese adult (while still avoiding the China great firewall), then I will be the first to let you know.

Until then I guess just keep rotating and keeping it at the places that have the technical holes. Or make your own website or something.

PS
You ask why do some Chinese adult generate revenue. This can be for several reasons. 1, Google/Yahoo/Bing misclassify them as non-adult and show Chinese non-adult ads. 2, Some visitors are from neighboring Asia countries where Adult is legal, 3. Some visitors are from USA or other places, or behind a proxy.

Actually why not show non adult ads to adult domains? That's what baidu does but very low CTR though. Also there are CPA leads but they don't work well. Another thing that makes money is made for adsense pages. Curiously, google tend to raise PPC when conversion is up. My friend has no clue whether google's advertisers' actually makes money or not from his site.

Parked.com has a feature where you can redirect traffic that doesn't convert somewhere else. I think bodis can do the same.

Last edited:
•••
in the long run advertisers will only pay for traffic which converts, so if you take Chinese adult traffic and use other keywords, dating or so, it will not convert for the advertisers and sooner or later they will block the traffic from this domain. Most Chinese people don't have a credit card which is working overseas, thus they cannot sign up for paid services outside China.

•••
Is it illegal for advertisers to bid for words like sex in China? For all I know, pheromone, dating guides, should sell a lot. Maybe it's not worth bidding 10 cents per click there, but 1 cents? That's what Mamma is paying anyway.

If anything, visitors can use the search box and search for say, car. Much less click through but should work.

Also I see that most parking often display a lot of categories. Laundry, travel, banking, etc. Visitors can click any of those.

Why is it once the domain is deemed "bad" suddenly that's it. Nothing shows. Why not let visitors search or suggest search? Who knows the visitors come to the parking page by mistake and is actually looking for something else.

Also anything converts if bidding is cheap enough. It's like goclick.com. They allow advertisers to bid for ANY keywords. Conversion sucks but because price is low, then they bid it anyway.

I am preparing a chinese CPA from maxbounty.com. Not much, but better than nothing.

Last edited:
•••
end of the day Chinese adult traffic does not convert for the advertisers, displaying other potential categories will lead to some clicks but again not convert for the advertisers...

So if you want o convert your Chinese adult traffic, you might want to start doing CPA via alimama.com and promote "adult products", which are allowed in China.

Everything else won't work long term.

•••
end of the day Chinese adult traffic does not convert for the advertisers, displaying other potential categories will lead to some clicks but again not convert for the advertisers...

So if you want o convert your Chinese adult traffic, you might want to start doing CPA via alimama.com and promote "adult products", which are allowed in China.

Everything else won't work long term.
Does alimama has english interface?

Do they pay with paypal?

I am not talking about adult domains. I am talking about any domains in general.

So putting search box and letting people search don't convert? No body can make more than 1 cent if they bid and get that kind of words.

Hmm.... I am sending my traffic to CPA then.

I will also tell my dopa contact to work with alimama. Something that I hope bodis will do too.

Last edited:
•••
Sent a screenshot to you using support/AT/ bodis.

•••
again no one news to new templates and the better bodis gui?
tomorrow it's april.....Any problem appears?

•••
Could I ask when custom keywords are going to have their reappearance?

March was rather thin month for me and I usually optimized my best domains using custom keywords rather than master ones so that's why the stats have dropped I guess.

•••
where is the February payment. i am still waiting of my payment

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back