BODIS

NameSilo
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Hey guys, from your experience, which marketplace would you recommend as most and least effective option and why on Bodis Domain Settings?

Last edited:
•••
If you park on Bodis - use just Inquiry form, negotiate, and then any suitable escrow service...

Last edited:
•••
I currently use the GoDaddy auctions option that has a BIN and a 60% of BIN make offer option, thinking I would set the BIN a bit higher and accept the 60% of BIN buyer's offer.
Have you Jurgen or anyone tried it?
I prefer to use a trusted brand like GoDaddy than myself, as I'm new in the field (5-6 months) and still learning the ropes. I'm mostly selling in the xxx range. Hopefully, I have good experience in retail and market research from my main job and learning fast i think. Still, I must sell something haha

Last edited:
•••
As I already said, I don't use GoDaddy/Afternic/Uniregistry.
No my domains there. And even accounts removed.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
You are more experienced, but every time I had to contact them over the last months, they have been very polite and helpful.
Don't know, maybe you should give them a second chance.
However, I haven't dealt with them in terms of sales or register names. Mostly, to remove old listings or about trademarks or names stuck in review. They have some newbies on board that learning, especially when taking about trademarks.
What they said was not accurate, I would say.

Last edited:
•••
Already enough of my time and nerves since 2008.
Thanks.
NoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
Because.
I'm enough of their awful service, and their recent activity on NP was the last drop.
Which percent of sales do you make with them ?

•••
We recommend DAN and we have a further integration on Bodis's side coming this quarter. :)

•••
We recommend DAN and we have a further integration on Bodis's side coming this quarter. :)
I just tried Bodis (on Dan) on a couple of names... but when I go to the domain I get a "This site can’t be reached" error. Any idea why that might be?

•••
I just tried Bodis (on Dan) on a couple of names... but when I go to the domain I get a "This site can’t be reached" error. Any idea why that might be?
Probably, SSL cert is still not generated.
Wait, it can take even 3-4 days...

•••
•••
But I've been with them for years.
It doesn't matter.
If you just activated Hybrid Bodis on DAN - they must generate SSL certs for DAN.YourNames.TLD

Last edited:
•••

Matt, btw, What domain categories pay the most on Bodis? I have one click that paid 2 dollars and another click that paid 4 cents! haha

•••
It doesn't matter.
If you just activated Hybrid Bodis on DAN - they must generate SSL certs for DAN.YourNames.TLD
Strange. I enabled Bodis on Dan ages ago, but didn't use it at the time. I just thought I'd take a peek at what it looks like now. Not sure I want the names to be dead until the SSL certs kick in.

•••
•••
I enabled Bodis on Dan ages ago
Even if Bodis ID is set in your DAN settings - it is disabled by default until you activate it per domain (Hybrid icon).

And hybrid domains must reside in both Bodis and DAN accounts.

Last edited:
•••
@Jurgen Wolf Have you ever used the parking system at Uniregistry? The one that used to be on DomainNameSales way back when? If so, how does Bodis (on Dan) compare to that? The reason why I stopped using Bodis on Dan a while back was because my parking payouts were better on Uni. Both payouts sucked, of course, but Uni was better. I'm curious to see how they compare today since a lot of things have changed since then.

•••
If your goal is monetization (parking revenue) - use Bodis separately, don't use Hybrid variant.
Or use ParkingCrew.

•••
If your goal is monetization (parking revenue) - use Bodis separately, don't use Hybrid variant. Or use ParkingCrew.
1. Why do you say that?
2. Have you personally compared any of the above to Uniregistry / DomainNameSales?

Thanks.

•••
In Regards to Dan Hybrid:
The certs can take a few hours or so. Do me a favor, message me and @TroyBodis the domain name if you can just so we can double check. Or just email our support and then we can check.

As far as revenue, that's one of the focuses of the DAN hybrid for this quarter. The next update we make should be very heavily focused on improving revenues, especially on mobile. Unfortunately we don't have official details yet but once we do you'll hear about it. Thanks

Last edited:
•••

This sounds more like a DNS error than a TLS error. Both DAN and BODIS have to have correct DNS entries for the hybrid construction to work.

Last edited:
•••
Because TRUE Bodis and Hybrid Bodis are 2 different worlds in terms of revenue.

I didn't use DomainNameSales, they rejected my application.
But I'm happy with ParkingCrew.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back