BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this also something to be concerned about, as is what you were describing about your email monetization concern?
Webtraffic on subdomains is not dangerous.
But Email monetization is very dangerous... at least for Afilias TLDs.

Last edited:
•••
Instead Email monetization is very dangerous... at least for Afilias TLDs.

OK, thank you for clearing that up :)

•••
But Email monetization is very dangerous... at least for Afilias TLDs.

Thanks for posting, I had no idea about this MX record catch all thing with parking, that bothers me too. Is that in the terms of service? I didn’t read them. Also the spam like pop up on some domains.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
This year were already 11 blocked domains for me.

Could any of this be why 3 of my domains became faillisted at Google for "spam" when I have owned and parked these domains for over a dozen years, each, and never one emailed anything to anyone from any of these domains? I've always wondered how could they just become faillisted and yet they were successfully parked for 10+ years before receiving that status.

In my case the three domains are dot coms...

upload_2019-9-7_13-55-13.png

•••
If they were banned recently - then Email monetization could be a reason, the one of possible reasons.

Last edited:
•••
If they were banned recently - then Email monetization could be a reason, the one of possible reasons.

they were banned within the past 5-7 years. I've owned them around double that time so its odd that "spam" would be the reason for the ban since they've been parked somewhere at any given time during the entire time I've ownd them. Whats worse is that there is absolutely nothing that can be done to appeal that - which is another issue in and of itself.

I think I will start changing my names as per your advice at https://www.namepros.com/posts/7385124/ DNS is not my forte so I'll start with one or two and see how it goes.

Bottom line is that I do not want my domains to get faillisted through no wrongdoing from myself. Especially since there is not fix/remedy to reverse it. I cause enough problems for myself - hahaha. :)

•••
5-7 years ago Email monetization was absent at Bodis 100%.

•••
5-7 years ago Email monetization was absent at Bodis 100%.

The names have been shopped all over the place - no way to tell where it happened but they've been at Bodis for quite some time now and I definitely dont want that sort of monetization. I wish we could flip a switch and turn it off.

•••
I agree.
Email monetization should be provided only individually, for lovers of extreme activity.

•••
Is that in the terms of service? I didn’t read them.
I rechecked Bodis TOS (DPP) - and I don't see Email monetization there.
Also it is stated that incoming traffic from bulk emails is prohibited.

Last edited:
•••
+ we are obliged:

(j) not utilize or permit use of any Monetized Domain for the delivery of unsolicited commercial email messages (i.e., spam, as that term is defined in the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act of 2003) or for any other illegal and/or dubious purpose or activity, as determined by Company in its sole and absolute discretion;

So I don't understand anything...
Because this feature even against their own TOS.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I rechecked Bodis TOS (DPP) - and I don't see Email monetization there.
Also it is stated that incoming traffic from bulk emails is prohibited.

That should be disclosed and changed. I parked some of my personal older domains just to test traffic and had no idea the MX records would be scraped. Not cool.

•••
I have noticed that Bodis removed searchbox from their templates...
So now I understand why Bodis RPM is significantly lower than parking the same domains with ParkingCrew...

Last edited:
•••
We are are currently experiencing what appears to be a technical issue with our Tier1/G ad feed.

This issue seems to be affecting all major parking companies at present. We have reached out to our Tier1/G ad provider, and they are looking into this matter.

We will update Bodis users as soon as we have more information.

Thank you.

•••
•••
•••
My Jan/Feb'2019 average RPM (per portfolio) was $0.xx
And this month I see the same on Bodis...

•••
Stable $0.3x RPM this month...

•••
Looks that Google is already a semi-dead company in terms of traffic monetization.

Last edited:
•••
•••
10 times higher at ParkingCrew this October...

Hi

in contrast, rpm/ ctr/ and epc has increased at bodis, while dropping at PC for me

but I guess that's why it's good to relocate some names, every once in a while

imo...

•••
For me RPM at PC is significantly better whole this year... and it is very stable, just minor changes from month to month...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back