BODIS

NameSilo
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
john645 said:
Matt I see we can add links and banners in the body. Are there any rules preventing up what kind of sites we can link to and if we can place affiliate links or banners in the bodies of our pages?

Right now we don't allow the following custom data:

-Personal information / Contact information
-Linking to a site where you give out personal information / contact information
-Trying to sell the domain name through anywhere other than our marketplace.
-Monetizing domain names through anything not affiliated with Bodis. That means, you are not allowed to place affiliate links or banners for now.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Right now we don't allow the following custom data:

-Personal information / Contact information
-Linking to a site where you give out personal information / contact information
-Trying to sell the domain name through anywhere other than our marketplace.
-Monetizing domain names through anything not affiliated with Bodis. That means, you are not allowed to place affiliate links or banners for now.

So if we want to keep our domains at bodis, we have to go to sedo and remove all of them that we have listed there? I have every domain I own listed for sale at sedo. So now I have to go remove the several hundred I have at bodis from sedo? Or are we just not allowed to list them at any new places? Or...do we just remove them from the bodis marketplace if we want to sell them somewhere else....

Also, for those of us that have the 100% revenue share, who were there since the beginning, would it really make that much of a difference if we had affiliate links? Since you aren't really making any money from us :p hehe... I just had to ask.

•••
Well if I made an exception for you, I'd have to make an exception for everyone. ;) I'll think about it though - but no promises.

What I meant about the marketplace. Ofcoarse you can add it at Sedo and Afternic and wherever else you wish. We just don't want you to link to Sedo from our landing page. Anything to do with selling the domain name has to be linked to our own marketplace from our own landing pages.

•••
Ok buy if we want to link to some of our other sites both on bodis and not on bodis as well as just various sites that have to deal with the topic our domain is about, thats fine?

•••
cfguru360 said:
Uh-oh, Matt. Bummed Out Domainers In Sight.

Today I heard a steady stream of men and women in black have been seen sneakinig in and out at Bodis headquarters for weeks, and it's been attracting more and more attention from the neighbors and the press. I also heard that an enterprising reporter did a little sneaking around and peeled the nameplate back a bit from the door, and this is what he found hidden underneath:

Brooklyn Office of Domain Intelligence Service.

Very interesting.

Now, on a completely unrelated note, one thing I'm wondering is this: since I'm not actually in Bodis now, but may be at some point, one thing I like very much and consider pretty important at other parking companies is the traffic analysis info - you know, the lovely urls that show you exactly how your visitors got to your page and so forth. I think it's pretty invaluable stuff to be sure. So, if anyone already in Bodis knows if that's there, let me know. Otherwise, one may consider this my personal plug for that feature.

Thanks...

Buying our domains is simple! :)

At Bodis, 2.0.

•••
Maybe we should take all these slogans and kind of alternate them everytime someone refreshes. :blink: "Buying our domains is simple" is smart.

The affiliate links. I would like to allow it, but if I allow affiliate links then I definitely won't be able to allow PPC ads. Meaning, no adsense or anything of that sort.

PS
The analysis data stuff is on my list.

Last edited:
•••
cfguru360 said:
Maybe we should take all these slogans and kind of alternate them everytime someone refreshes. :blink: "Buying our domains is simple" is smart.

The affiliate links. I would like to allow it, but if I allow affiliate links then I definitely won't be able to allow PPC ads. Meaning, no adsense or anything of that sort.

PS
The analysis data stuff is on my list.
Thanks, Matt - sounds great. I like that alternating idea a lot - that would really be fun. Yeah, was definitely thinking about normal affiliate links only, and hopefully even javascript-capable if possible at some point, based on the concerns I posted about that earlier in the thread. Also meant to say that if you did happen to like any I've come up with, certainly feel free to use them and even trademark them if you want. The name Bodis is quite unique, so imo it's pretty unlikely anyone else would ever need to use any sayings that line up with it as an acronym for their own business later.

Last edited:
•••
I think if you allowed affiliate links you would pretty much blow every other parking company out of the water. Its the one thing that's missing from parking, the ability to sell your own products or affiliate products to people.

•••
A very, very nice job Matt. I especially love the image gallery. This will
save me a lot of time customising my domains.

Have to go now and do a lot of dns changes :)

•••
Alright, fine. You gave me an idea. You can add in affiliate links.

Although, we do not allow PPC ads. No adsense, google, ypn, or anything of that kind. I will have this all added to our terms tomorrow.

•••
john645 said:
I think if you allowed affiliate links you would pretty much blow every other parking company out of the water. Its the one thing that's missing from parking, the ability to sell your own products or affiliate products to people.
John it's actually already been going on. In fact I got an affiliate commission through CJ almost right after I first posted one on a parking page. But no javascript, and also just that very restrictive custom content section that it seems people must be buying off the shelf imo. It sounds like Matt has developed a much more versatile custom content section where you can do much more, or do everything much more easily.

...looks like Matt already posted while I was still working on this one.

Last edited:
•••
Here's a bug. When uploading a custom graphic, an invalid file format error comes up even though a .jpg was used. The domain was BigBorder.com.

P.S. Matt, thank you for all the hard work.

Last edited:
•••
Matt could you tell me what is the max size in Kbytes of a picture. I tried uploading one of my 620px x 240px pictures that is 85 Kbytes in size and it's giving me the following error message:

Invalid image format. Currently only the following image formats are accepted: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, and PNG.

The pic is in JPEG format.

I reduced the pic size to 49 Kbytes and then to 29 Kbytes but it still gives the same error.

Using your Photo gallery pics seems to be working fine

•••
Paralegal said:
Here's a bug. When uploading a custom graphic, an invalid file format error comes up even though a .jpg was used. The domain was BigBorder.com.

Thanks for your bug report.

Can you send me the image you tried to upload to matt [ . at . ] bodis.com. I'd really appreciate that since JPG is working on my end. Thanks.

GILSAN said:
Matt could you tell me what is the max size in Kbytes of a picture. I tried uploading one of my 620px x 240px pictures that is 85 Kbytes in size and it's giving me the following error message:

Invalid image format. Currently only the following image formats are accepted: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, and PNG.

The pic is in JPEG format.

I reduced the pic size to 49 Kbytes and then to 29 Kbytes but it still gives the same error.

Using your Photo gallery pics seems to be working fine

Can you send me photo to matt [ . at . ] bodis.com so I can test the problem. Max size is 1 megabyte, so it must be some internal problem on our end.

•••
Here is first one for me - 2CT.us
It turned out better than original bodis, but, I care more about revenue :D

•••
How can I get my password to login ?

DOH !

cadydoo

•••
I have logged in fine and looking to add new domains this weekend...great work Matt!!

•••
I mailed you a screen shot of a browser issue I ran across.

Working on my vicodinrecovery.com domain now. Had no problem uploading my own picture to it. How do those links in the text work - they're searches of some kind?

Also, the little editor you have has no bulleted list? I can do it with HTML, but I just never saw one of those word-type editors with no bulleted list.

The Hue and Saturation thing is pretty cool - can we then change the text colors on the links and the headers? Maybe I missed that part.

All in all, it looks pretty darn cool though.

•••
I had the same issue with uploading a .JPG image. I converted it to .GIF, and it worked fine.
Good to know, but GIF Photos loose quality. I'll wait untill Matt fixes that problem

•••
The JPG image bug only happens with Internet Explorer. I tested it across browsers. We had this problem in the old Bodis at the very beginning. I'll have a fix issued in a few.

Your images should be under My Photos, I will check into that as well. Very strange indeed.

You can manage links by going to the domain name and sorting them or editing them from there. In the future I will let you set a keyword for a domain name to have the system automatically pick the related links.

I am working on getting the Forgot Password form live. In the meantime, email me and we'll generate you a new password from our side.

I am working on getting the earnings report out within next few hours.

I talked to the Zero Click partners. This feature will be live around NOON EST tomorrow. We have to wait so that they can closely monitor the performance.

•••
Fragger said:
First one who has the time to really do up a nice parking page with the new content abilities please share it! I myself, simply don't have the time at least for a few days but would love to see someone who pimps out a nice new bodis parking page.

A couple of simple examples;

CookingGreat.com

TeamUSA.us

BuyPCmemory.com

I am just playing with things so they are rough. This is gonna be fun

•••
The upload JPG image bug should now be fixed.

•••
DvTapes.com

I inserted an affiliate product.

MATT FYI if you read this. I have the target for the affilaite product to open in a new window but it doesnt work. just fyi coudl be my problem dont know.

ALSO WHAT A KILLER STOCK PHOTO. I mean I thought for sure I woudl have to upload my own but I found this one in there.

•••
Was just taking a look at the tos and wondered about a few things. For instance, it says parking members cannot use Adwords or similar, but haven't there been posts here and there on NP that arb is going to be allowed? Or would it be best if I hold off posting about this on the board now?

•••
Arbitrage is not allowed. I said maybe in the future, but it looks like I might have to scratch that. It's just too much work, and at the end it just doesn't convert well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back