NameSilo

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see roughly 30 sales with most being $38 ... including 5 hacks put in by Toni that I think would have received more outside of Bido.com only 1 bid.

How long can you last supporting this type of platform - or is the plan to get it all to run in a completely automated fashion? Or are there moves ahead to improve the overall quality / desirability of names?

I thought the flaw last time wasn't so much the platform as it was the profitability.

I'd love for it to succeed. I think it fills a definite void. I just wonder about the economic feasibility of it.

Last edited:
•••
posted by MediaHound:
we currently allow sellers to submit 10 domains per day, please see our recent blog post about this

I would be glad to hear what everyone thinks about this change, if you welcome it or if you have other feedback.

There's a marked improvement in quality, or at least a marked reduction in crap, and I credit this one change for that improvement. Setting out some obstacles to domain submission may seem counter-intuitive, but limiting submissions and eg. requiring users to enter at least very very basic info like registrar and expiry date will pressure sellers to put their better domains for the price range forward.

Frank

•••
Doesn't Bido support .im domains? The system can't verify ownership because "it doesn't find" administrator email in whois

•••
Hey Poet, send a support ticket. They are pretty fast to respond. They helped me with a .al hack that got stuck.

•••
What I found is that some guys are selling European name like .it which has some restrictions. It would be better if you may ask the seller to write all such restrictions like domain owner citizenship, registrar and all.

•••
•••
Or you can follow instructions how to get verification without contacting support. The easiest would be to add additional NS (something like: This-domain-for-sale-at-Bido.com) as third NS and clik "verify ownership" after few minutes.

•••
•••
Bido - Newbi question

Hai folks,

First i don't want to post this in to the bido dedicated thread as the type of discussion currently going on there is not certainly for newbies like me.

My question is,

say i am selling xyz.com and i have put the minimum bido price to 250$. Now, say my domain pushed to auction and in the end i had only one bid for 250$. assume i am expecting around 500$ even though i specified 250$.
Now, should i must sell the domain to the bider? can i retain my domain without sell to the 250$ bider?

coz, i have actually posted a domain in bido,but now i am thinking i should have put a little higher amount as minimum bido price. now i can't increase the bido price even though it has not entred the auction. currently with 4 votes :]

Last edited:
•••
You are obligated to sell the domain if the bido price has been met.

If it hasn't received 10 votes yet, you can cancel the submission.

•••
Bido Price is like Reserve Price. You can only lower the Bido Price.

•••
You are obligated to sell the domain if the bido price has been met.

If it hasn't received 10 votes yet, you can cancel the submission.

Bido Price is like Reserve Price. You can only lower the Bido Price.

Thanks mike and theo. undestood!

•••
Hai folks,

First i don't want to post this in to the bido dedicated thread as the type of discussion currently going on there is not certainly for newbies like me.

Don't let any discussion sway you to post elsewhere...
newbie or not :)

The BIDO thread is where it should be [threads merged]
This is why we have Dedicated threads.

Your question and the responses will help other members.

•••
Don't let any discussion sway you to post elsewhere...
newbie or not :)

The BIDO thread is where it should be [threads merged]
This is why we have Dedicated threads.

Your question and the responses will help other members.

Undestood mis_chiff :)

•••
•••
Any updates on what is happening at Bido? Jarred was pretty attentive at first, but I haven't seen any recent posts and the Bido Blog hasn't been updated in 10+ days.

I just wrote a blog post ruraltechnocrat.com/2010/11/23/whats-going-on-at-bido regarding the lack of news in the past week or so in hopes in shedding some light.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I like Bido. I signed up a couple of weeks ago, and I'm awaiting payment on my first sale there. The interface is pretty smooth, and I like the user-driven auction system.

•••
But the search / filter option seems does not work correctly...

•••
Good to see Bido back, was back on it as soon as I found out. Just grown and grown since its been back. Good luck!:)

•••
I'm still not sure what's going on over at Bido land. Auctions from the last couple of days haven't been updating properly and there has still been no public posting by the staff (notably Jarred) anywhere. They did pay out a few days ago, but other than I haven't seen any activity recently.

•••
I also noticed that support is offline last few days.

•••
I gave a glowing review a few posts back but one glaring problem I now see is the lack of buyers.

•••
The problem I see is the lack of flexibility to make changes. The future looks difficult for Bido.

•••
Bido is miss for a few reasons, including slow pages, very slow. The bad economy, if it is an upward economy, everything would be nice. They don't have talented management. (probably goes back to the original founder) Don't get me wrong, everyone had their failures, its very hard to compete when you are starting out. Finding what works and what not is going through trial by error.

Another problem I see right now, is probably the lack of cash to spend on marketing.

I wonder how much was it for sale (bido.com) and would there be a second sale, how much would this bring in?

I mean bido.com itself. I think the name is nice being short, but it doesn't have the energy like "ebay" or "sedo". What happened to the updates since last week?

•••
Not sure what's gong on with Bido. It's as if everything stopped on November 12th. The auctions are still running but there hasn't been one word from anyone over at Bido...

Has anyone received a payment from Bido since November 12th? or been able to contact their support? Has anyone been able make a payment for names they won in auction as well?

I listed one domain that sold, but I'm still waiting for the buyer to send the payment to Bido. Even if that goes through I still feel a bit reluctant to push or transfer the domain to the winning bidder if Bido isn't going to pay out to me in a timely fashion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back