Dynadot

question Bidder Haven't paid for a domain yet, it's been 10 days..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoneDeranger

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I accepted on offer over a domain I listed on Flippa's Auction, and i'm kinda stuck now - it's been 10 days and I haven't recieved my payment yet, according to Flippa Escrow. What do I do? How long approx. does it take to the bidder to pay his funds?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could contact the bidder and kindly remind him to pay.

•••
try contact flippa customer service ..
I suspect the bidder is new seller..

•••
Why am I not surprised. What is the bidders record on paying? Were they a new member? 10 days is wayyyy more then enough time to pay. Just advise Flippa but after that long with no communication sounds like a relist is in place.

•••
Seems like flippa is filled with "potential" buyers.

•••
Thank you everybody for rsponding. I took your advice and contacted customer by email. If I won't get any reply or a negative reply, I will contact Flippa's support and update them with the case. More updates to come!

•••
Not sure how Godaddy compares, but it took me almost a full 15 days to get my money from them

•••
I have found both Flippa.com & their Flippa Escrow that is PromisePay very prompt and effective in their customer service.
Though this matter relates to the buyer submitting the funds to Flippa, nothing could be done if the buyer does not pay or fails to honor his commitment, only contacting him through the Flippa Sales Page whether he is interested about the domain or not will be a good approach.
Even if he is a new buyer it would not be fair to evaluate him just because of it, I have made 2 sales on Flippa & both were new buyers, they paid immediately.

Summing up! Best of Luck, hopefully the buyer will honor his commitment.

•••
I'm the same, both my Flippa sales have been from members with no to little activity & feedback. I usually give a day and then remind the buyer about their purchase, in both cases this has done the job. It's important to understand that a domain purchase may not be as high on a person's list of priorities as you might expect, so always give the buyer the common courtesy of benefit of the doubt.

In this case a week is more than enough time. Another good practise you should undertake is checking when your buyers were last online. If they're frequently online on flippa then it will help reaffirm any future dispute that may arise.

Open a dispute if they don't respond and you'll at least get any fees back I should think.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back