NameSilo

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are not too many villas in the Marina, it is 99% towers, so even if developed little chance to make it useful imo.

•••
Thanks Tetrapak

I guess I will put up a little site and see what happens, there seem to be a few ads

"Dubai Marina Villas" - Google Search

"Dubai Marina Villas" gets 63,700 google results

DubaiMarinaRestaurants.com - this one is getting a liitle traffic lately

I just regged this one too

SolarPower.ae

Last edited:
•••
Oh how the mighty have fallen!!

I don't know whether to call this pathetic or just very, very sad. Take a look at this article from the National.ae which reveals that both Emaar and Nakheel, Dubai's two largest real estate developers, will NOT be attending Cityscape Dubai this year!!!!! THE TWO LARGEST DUBAI REAL ESTATE DEVELOPERS WILL NOT EVEN BE ATTENDING THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT DUBAI REAL ESTATE EVENT!! See for yourself:

Emaar and Nakheel to miss Cityscape - The National Newspaper

What do you think of this???!!!

•••
•••
Sad.

I miss Dubai at times, but think there is no point ever going back.

•••
Sad.

I miss Dubai at times, but think there is no point ever going back.

Things will pick up over there sooner or later, do you still have anything to do with the real estate sector over there Smith ? ...or have any contacts with villa rental companies ?

•••
Things will pick up over there sooner or later, do you still have anything to do with the real estate sector over there Smith ? ...or have any contacts with villa rental companies ?

I really don't believe that the region will ever return to the levels that it was at, or even get close to it.

The area has very little / nothing going for it.

1. It's hell for 8 months out of the year. 40'C-50'C+ easy

2. The entire region is unstable in general due to:
a. Muslim Countries / Western Countries
b. Muslim Countries / Israel
c. Oil
d. And even if all that was resolved, you'll just have them continuing to blow each other up as they have done for centuries, (Sunni vs. Shia)

3. People have lost A LOT of money gambling on the region, developers have ****ed people left and right. Once bit twice shy.

4. From what I've seen, the locals don't like what has become of their country and the "leadership" decisions that have been made.

5. The "biggest & best" don't remain so forever, and even while they are, they don't make up for the gross short comings.

In general it's a mess.

I would give you some contacts, but everyone I knew in the industry there has been fired. 8-X

Last edited:
•••
I'm seen no evidence of much demand for these names. It is a bit like not many manhattan*.com names are sold or paris*.com's. No matter how big this project is the demand for secondary market city domains is never going to be that large.

To put it is perspective namebio shows zero sales for "reemisland", zero for "reem" related names, "dubai" has about 30 sales, half of which were sales under $100 and only 4 of which sold this year.

So all in all people are registering a whole lot of names related to a terms that have never seen a single reported sale? An island that when completed is expect to have a population that is 3% the size of Paris? That is madness.

I've sold Reem Island name for near $1,000.

•••
Smith could be right here. Dubai may be in the s**t for a long time. In addition to the points he has made, because Dubai must take money from the much more strict and orthodox Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia in order to keep going, Dubai is forced to create much more strict rules of living for expats. And this latest announcement of Emaar, Nakheel and Limitless saying they will not attend CityScape....then turning around and saying they will attend is sheer craziness on their part and sends a message to investors and the business world that Dubai has no idea what it is doing.

•••
I really don't believe that the region will ever return to the levels that it was at, or even get close to it.

The area has very little / nothing going for it.

1. It's hell for 8 months out of the year. 40'C-50'C+ easy

2. The entire region is unstable in general due to:
a. Muslim Countries / Western Countries
b. Muslim Countries / Israel
c. Oil
d. And even if all that was resolved, you'll just have them continuing to blow each other up as they have done for centuries, (Sunni vs. Shia)

3. People have lost A LOT of money gambling on the region, developers have ****ed people left and right. Once bit twice shy.

4. From what I've seen, the locals don't like what has become of their country and the "leadership" decisions that have been made.

5. The "biggest & best" don't remain so forever, and even while they are, they don't make up for the gross short comings.

In general it's a mess.

I would give you some contacts, but everyone I knew in the industry there has been fired. 8-X

Yeah, I don't think it will ever get back to where it was either, so much has changed worldwide since then. I still hope there's a few good opportunities to be had in developing Dubai related domains though %%-

•••
Smith - where have you moved to? I wish you the best.. Can you comment on the state of the eeconomy for the rest of the UAE (especially Abu Dhabi)? From what I can tell (and I'm just an outsider with an interest in developing AD related sites) Abu Dhabi is chugging along and weathering this global economic recession. I continue to post on Abu Dhabi Blog (.com) when I can and my plans are to overhaul the blog template and monetize it using affiliate advertising and offering also by doing Abu Dhabi company reviews, naturally a directory will follow. It is sad! All of my link exchanges have died as none of the UAE sites I exchanged links with exist any longer. I haven't done much any link building recently, that has to change ASAP too.

Last edited:
•••
UAE must be doing ok regarding their tourism projections as there are more hotels going ahead.

UAE dominates region's new hotels pipeline - Travel & Hospitality - ArabianBusiness.com

22 sept 09 - "Nearly 50 percent of the hotel development pipeline for the Middle East/Africa (MEA) is in the UAE, according to the August 2009 STR Global Construction Pipeline Report.

The total pipeline includes 468 hotels comprising 126,464 rooms, with 59,543 of these rooms (47 percent) located in the UAE."

Millennium plans five new UAE hotels by 2012 - Travel & Hospitality - ArabianBusiness.com

23 sept 09 - Millennium and Copthorne Hotels is planning to open five new properties in the UAE by 2012, it was reported on Wednesday.

The move would increase the company's presence in the country to 11 hotels with bosses saying the UAE remained one of the best tourism environments in the region.

"Three of the five new hotels will be opened in Abu Dhabi

Rotana commits to MENA expansion despite downturn - Travel & Hospitality - ArabianBusiness.com

24 sept 09 - "Hotel group Rotana says it is pushing ahead with expansion plans despite the economic slowdown and is on track to open 13 properties across the MENA region in 2009, including 10 in the UAE."

The property market has obviously crashed big time but if large hotel chains are still planning expansion at a time like this they must have ALOT of faith that there will be a need for it come completion time.

...I just hope its a pipeline and not just a pipedream.

.... it ain't over til the fat lady sings ;) ....or was it fat bank manager ?? :-/

•••
•••
•••
It sure looks like. Imho it's just a pathetic way to spike the .ae registrations.

•••
There's more info about it here. Horse lover puts Dh6m on .ae domain - The National Newspaper

It sure looks like. Imho it's just a pathetic way to spike the .ae registrations.

Could be ?, Get loads of people to register them and then take them back off them because they're trying to resell them....as per this article.

“The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), which oversees the .ae domain, said it will take action against anyone found registering domain names with the sole intention to sell them on for a profit.”

Speculators make millions from .ae domains, UAE Internet, Media - Maktoob Business

•••
•••
DubaiLuxuryHomes.info

PM with offers

thanx! ;)

•••
You can forget about the offers on that one. I've only had luck with .com's with Dubai / UAE related domains. All the domains I sold (except for the developed websites) were dot com. I have premium .info's that I will probably drop.. Anyway, just sold another DubaiWORD.com for $500, not so happy with it, but the future of Dubai is not so bright, so I would rather cash in..

•••
Anyone offers on these 3 names I am selling

RiyadhHoliday.com
RiyadhTourist.com
RiyadhFlight.com

I just grabbed these UAE names

Golf.ae
Clubs.ae
Silver.ae

•••
Golf.ae? Wow, not a fan of the extension, but that's a killer!

•••
Golf.ae? Wow, not a fan of the extension, but that's a killer!

A killer with huge potential, someone in their tourism department should loose his head for not buying that one a long time ago :tri: ....well, maybe not the head but his job for sure.

What the hell are they thinking over there ?????????

•••
golf.ae is an amazing domain name.

Great buy gilescoley!

•••
What the hell are they thinking over there ?????????

They don't think, they only react that's the problem.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

btw good name

•••
Thanks guys, I was very surprised to see it available to be honest

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back