Dynadot

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GF4444 said:
Has anyone made anything by parking their UAE domains??

Nothing big yet, but names like dubaicarshowroom.com, dubaigoldonline.com, dubaijeweller.com, dubaigoldrates.com, dubaioiljobs.com, dubaiwholesalegold.com, dubaigoldjewellers.com, dubaivisitorsbureau.com, dubai22kgold.com, abudhabiyachts.com, uaeoilcompany.com, and emiratescheapflights.com are all bringing in some shekels. Lots of other names showing good visitors but no clicks yet.

•••
The Arab Billionaires! Richest Arabs On Earth!!

I just published the most complete list available anywhere of the Arab Billionaires. The list combines the Arab Billionaires from the new Forbes Billionaire list AND the Arab Billionaires from the ArabianBusiness.com '50 Richest Arabs' list. If you want to know who the REAL SUPER RICH IN THE MIDDLE EAST are Go Here:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

•••
Yesterday I came back from a short two day trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi and it was really amazing to see how things continue to grow, especially Abu Dhabi.

End of this month I'm going to Dubai again and like to set up an informal meeting with domainers who are into Dubai and Middle East related names.

It will be just an easy going informal meeting in probably 'Bar Zar' Madinat Jumeirah. I'm not sure about the date as this also depends on who and when people can be available, but like to set Wednesday 2 April 20.00 for now.

PM me if you are interested and we can set the final place, date and time together.

Cheers, John.

•••
•••
gazzip said:
Check these Funky renders of Dubai architecture, designers on acid :tri:
Four pages of them - http://www.designboom.com/contemporary/dubai1.html
Some incredible designs, especially "the cloud" on page 1.
They for sure have gone mad :hehe:

Does anyone know when the next real estate projects exhibition in Dubai or Abu Dhabi is?

•••
•••
Nice link Smith

Are you going to the Boat Show this week ? Looks like its gonna be a BIG one !

wish I was there just now :(

I could do with some great photos for when I develop my DubaiBoats_c*m domain.

•••
•••
gazzip said:
Nice link Smith

Are you going to the Boat Show this week ? Looks like its gonna be a BIG one !

wish I was there just now :(

I could do with some great photos for when I develop my DubaiBoats_c*m domain.

hadn't planned on it, will ask the wife if she wants to go.

•••
Yes Dubai continues to grow...I get more bogus offers for my few Dubai domains than for the rest of my portfolio!

•••
yandig said:
Yes Dubai continues to grow...I get more bogus offers for my few Dubai domains than for the rest of my portfolio!

Nice to get offers, sorry they're bogus. Are your Dubai names parked or developed? Are they listed somewhere that is catching the attention of the people making the offers?

•••
namegame said:
Nice to get offers, sorry they're bogus. Are your Dubai names parked or developed? Are they listed somewhere that is catching the attention of the people making the offers?
All of the domains are parked at fabulous, and that's where the bogus offers have come from.

•••
Would you be able to elaborate on what you mean by bogus though?
They put in an offer and don't follow through?

•••
johntv said:
Some incredible designs, especially "the cloud" on page 1.
They for sure have gone mad :hehe:

Does anyone know when the next real estate projects exhibition in Dubai or Abu Dhabi is?

Downtown Burj Dubai, Masdar City, Silk City, and King Abdullah Economic City

"Empires in the Desert
by S.R. Nunnally, Taipan Trader
For 3,881 years, the Great Pyramid of Giza was the tallest structure ever built. The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World had a lot to live up to even then. The Great Pyramid and its cohorts remain something to see: a feat of strength and wealth shouting to the world, “Look at me!”

Well, there’s a new Pharaoh in town, and he’s building the world’s tallest buildings on the backs of foreign workers and foreign cash, just like old times. The Middle East once again holds the distinction of being home to the tallest structure on earth.

Dubai alone has more than 270 high-rises and is in the midst of constructing an additional 339. Furthermore, 330 high-rise construction projects have already been approved.

In fact, by 2015, Dubai will have more buildings of 100-plus floors than any other city in the world.

As mind-boggling as that sounds, Pharaoh’s only just begun…

The top 10 tallest buildings are a cumulative 4,918 feet. That’s not even counting Dubai’s newest skyscraper, Burj Dubai. That one, to be completed this year, is expected to be more than 2,000 feet.

The Burj Dubai alone will be more than the height of four Great Pyramids… more than all the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, stacked on top of each other.

Remember, too, that the Great Pyramid took 20 years to build. The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus took six times that -- well over a century.

In contrast, the mighty Burj Dubai will be completed on December 30, 2008 -- less than four years from the time they broke ground.

Indeed, the Pharaohs live again.

What’s even more astounding than the heights of these new “Colossi” of Rhodes are the price tags. The top two towers in Dubai rang in at $650 million and $4.1 billion, or more than the entire GDPs of Belize and Barbados combined.

You haven’t seen anything, though, until you’ve looked at Dubai with a wide-angle lens.

Burj Dubai, the tower that will exceed 2,000 feet, is part of a larger development called “Downtown Burj Dubai.” It will be home to 30,000 citizens, with 19 residential towers and nine hotels.

And it will cost $20 billion to build.

If I stopped now, you’d probably be reasonably amazed at the amount of money these projects cost, at their sheer sizes and ambitions.

But I have to tell you, Downtown Burj Dubai is small potatoes.

Another city, to be named Masdar City and constructed less than 100 miles from Dubai on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi, will cost $22 billion and will be the first “green” city ever built. (I’ll be dedicating a full article to this masterful plan at a later time, so stay tuned.)

But even these two massive projects combined don’t equal half the cost of Kuwait’s Silk City. This immense city will be home to 700,000 people and the 1,001-meter-tall Mubarak Tower -- the centerpiece of the Silk City skyline.

To channel Robin Leech for a moment, “The price tag for these champagne wishes and caviar dreams is an eye-watering $86 billion.”

I could spend an untold amount of time telling you all the amazing things this city will include, like a resort, a 200-hectare desert preserve, a new international airport, a new railway, and a bridge linking it to Kuwait City.

Instead, I’ll just send you to the official website, and move on to an even bigger project.

Yes, bigger…

Saudi Arabia is in the midst of constructing a city costing nearly more than these three huge projects (Downtown Burj Dubai, Masdar City and Silk City).

King Abdullah Economic City will cost more than $120 billion. That’s 16% more than Kuwait’s entire GDP.

It will be home to 2 million people in six distinct cities within 168 million square meters of prime coastal land.

A 14 million square-meter port on the Red Sea will make this mega-city a hub for trade with Europe, Africa and Asia. A central business district promises to be a new financial capital of the world. Sea resorts will offer some of the best tourist destinations in the Middle East.

The Industrial, Residential and Education zones are expected to be second to none.

I don’t mean to sound like a cheerleader. I just can’t help but stand in awe of these countries that are able to pump hundreds of billions of dollars into these massive “pleasure projects.”

For example, the United Arab Emirates is putting $60 billion into Dubailand, an entertainment district that will cover 3 billion square feet and include some of the largest, most expensive attractions ever built.

How big is a 3-billion-square-foot amusement park exactly? First, take every single Disney-owned theme park and resort in the world. Then imagine them all in one place. Then double that.

Middle Eastern countries are literally creating Empires in the Desert, building them on a scale never before seen or even imagined. Their only limits are the depths of their pockets. And right now, those pockets seem to have no bottom at all..."

•••
I'v had some x,xxx offers so far but I think there's far more value to be had by developing some of them IMO - its still early days for Dubai

I was just checking the news, there's just been a huge 200 pile up there with 92 cars catching fire....sounds real nasty :|

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=4432041&page=1

Very well said namegame :) it's astonishing what they are doing, I see you do alot of research too.

Last edited:
•••
gazzip said:
I'v had some x,xxx offers so far but I think there's far more value to be had by developing some of them IMO - its still early days for Dubai

I was just checking the news, there's just been a huge 200 pile up there with 92 cars catching fire....sounds real nasty :|

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=4432041&page=1

Very well said namegame :) it's astonishing what they are doing, I see you do alot of research too.

If you don't mind me asking, what types of UAE domains did you get offers on? (Reem Island, Dubai, Abu Dhabi - Property, Travel, Hotel, etc)
If so, are they developed or non-developed?

I've received offers for mine as well.

•••
Just wondering, I have a few Reem Island and Marina West domains like the ones below - what is my best option for these. What is the easiest way to find a buyer

MarinaWestProperty
ReemIslandHolidays.com
ReemIslandFood.com
ReemIslandAccommodation.com
ReemIslandBookings.com
ReemFood.com
ReemAccommodation.com
ReemBookings.com
ReemNightLife.com

•••
I don't know how you guys do it man. Besides one major offer, still haven't gotten any real offers. I woulda thought UAEbooking.com, Dubai-Rental.com, UAE-Rental.com, DubaiEconomy.com, DubaiPalmProperty(ies).com would be the ones AT LEASTTTTT to get some kind of decent offers from the more than 100 domains I've listed. I even made a site for them and it is getting some traffic the site.
I am thinking of developing some of them. But either I'm doing something wrong or the one's I own aren't as good as I thought they were...

•••
pokainc said:
I don't know how you guys do it man. Besides one major offer, still haven't gotten any real offers. I woulda thought UAEbooking.com, Dubai-Rental.com, UAE-Rental.com, DubaiEconomy.com, DubaiPalmProperty(ies).com would be the ones AT LEASTTTTT to get some kind of decent offers from the more than 100 domains I've listed. I even made a site for them and it is getting some traffic the site.
I am thinking of developing some of them. But either I'm doing something wrong or the one's I own aren't as good as I thought they were...

:bah:

I don't think anyone here is claiming to be making a living on UAE domains. I think we are all in the same boat with this niche, which is IMO, to wait and see what the future holds as this part of the world is still under massive amounts of construction and growth.

Personally, I am happy to be a part of this as I try to regularly update AbuDhabiBlog.com. It is gaining more and more traffic by the day, and I still haven't implemented a revenue making system on it (adsense, adbrite, etc..). I have 50-60 UAE domains all pointing to two of my sites. Many of my UAE domains have other development plans as well.. I guess I am not looking for a quick flip with most of them, it's not what I expected when I registered them.. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
So nicedomains,

I had in the past done that too the forwarding thing, but wanted to know is there a way to also know the individual traffic of each domain too. For example if I forward to Dubaidomainnames.com, The traffic obviously increases, but could I also know which were the domains creating most of the traffic ?

Was using google analytics

•••
mrdomainman said:
If you don't mind me asking, what types of UAE domains did you get offers on? (Reem Island, Dubai, Abu Dhabi - Property, Travel, Hotel, etc)
If so, are they developed or non-developed?

I've received offers for mine as well.

Not at all (although I'm not going to say what the domains are)

The ones that I've had offers on so far were property, jobs and hotel related. I don't have any Al/Reem island ones but I do have a couple of Abu Dhabi ones I bought to develop, bought purely for the keywords in the domain.

The offers have ranged from the "more usual" $100 ones but also a few that were all between $1,000 and $8,500.

Some of my names I reply with pretty high prices because I have every intention to develop them in the future unless I get a great price...so nothing to loose by replying high.

I have NEVER SOLD one yet but I'm not in any hurry to either, I've got quiet a few that are not listed for sale anywhere.

pokainc said:

I thought you had sold alot of Dubai names already ? or have they all been to reseller ? http://www.dubaidomainnames.com/domains sold.html

ps - Sorry, I'll reply to your PM in a day or two :) I'm a little busy on the weekends and a very slow typer :hehe:

nicedomains said:
:bah:

I don't think anyone here is claiming to be making a living on UAE domains. I think we are all in the same boat with this niche, which is IMO, to wait and see what the future holds as this part of the world is still under massive amounts of construction and growth.

Personally, I am happy to be a part of this as I try to regularly update AbuDhabiBlog.com. It is gaining more and more traffic by the day, and I still haven't implemented a revenue making system on it (adsense, adbrite, etc..). I have 50-60 UAE domains all pointing to two of my sites. Many of my UAE domains have other development plans as well.. I guess I am not looking for a quick flip with most of them, it's not what I expected when I registered them.. Good luck!

I like your AbuDhabiBlog and read it quiet often :tu:

Very True, its still early days - Developing will likely achieve far better results than PPC at the moment, but I do see signs already that PPC is on the increase. However...the most one of mine has made in a month was €13.00 ($20) so its not going to make me rich any time soon :hehe:

I have alot that are not earning their keep but have great developing potential IMO - Its finding the time and photos to use thats the hard bit.

If anyone know of any affiliate programs for specific Dubai Hotels like Jumeirah, Marriot etc or Any of the property developers or Emirates airlines can you please point me in the right direction - I've seen a few examples but have never found out where to sign up :td:

Thanks

So, whos is the one month old one listed on sedo for 500,000 EUR D-: somehow I don't think that was appraised before it was listed !

•••
ya most of the ones I had sold which are also listed in the sold section of my site were to resellers... Some were like 100 - 150$. Only one was HIGH xxx$. The rest were mainly reseller and they were domains I wasn't to keen on keeping...

About the replying to the pm no problem buddy, Take all the time you need..

I'm thinking of perhaps developing my website more when I get a bit of cash. One of the ideas I have is for anyone with Dubai/UAE domains to be able to post for free on www.DubaiDomainNames.com (Or change the name of the site to DubaiDomain.com which I also own)

It could be like a little Dubai/UAE domain community site.

•••
Bahrain World Trade Center

I just did a post on the Bahrain World Trade Center over at my blog. This Mega Project is a Bahrain and Middle East Icon! Bahrain is developing like crazy and is a great investment. This project is abbreviated by everyone as BWTC, so many great domains can be created from this abbreviation.

Get the details on BWTC here:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

•••
Hey guys, i'm new here and just got my feet wet by buying my first domains as a member. Here's what i got:

reemlife(.)com
alreemlife(.)com
dreamreem(.)com
al-reemisland(.)com

do you think the last one (al-reemisland(.)com) violates any TM issues or is risky regarding copyright, etc? Did i make a mistake? i didn't even think about it until after i purchased it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

•••
Relating to $$Domainer's post about BWTC...

Anyone got an comments on this one I regged the other night

BWTCProperty.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back