IT.COM

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
steveteva said:
In the past I own several TOP dubai domains and just like you I dream to make profits, well it was just an illusion, I've done all pro domainers should do to promote my domains (contact companies, ebay, NP....), according to market these premium worth thousands, after a year of marketing them, non of buyers was willing to spend several hundreds on each, I finally sold my entire portfolio for a price that was low compare to what it really worth.

So the Dubai stuff is not for me, I've also talk to many domain investors and they said that Dubai don't need websites (domain names) to promote Real estate or other attractions simply because all properties are sold before it can be listed on any websites and before building constructions starts. They also have their own property promoters and all buyers don't buy on internet, they go to the place (in dubai) to look at first before they make a decision.

This was my 2 cents.

Steve,

1.) Please list some of the "Premium" Dubai domains you owned.

2.) When you approached endusers did you use the same kind of english you used in this post?

•••
picked up BahrainBayProperty.com and BahrainBayProperties.com

•••
$$Domainer said:
Steve,

2.) When you approached endusers did you use the same kind of english you used in this post?

I would like to know this as well.

•••
$$Domainer said:
Steve,

Good point $$Domainer , but how about approaching them with non eglish domains as well. I happen to own Dubai-Realestate.net in Arabic : عقارات۔دبي.net

I'm looking forward to trading it for atleast a small condo in Duabi :)

Last edited:
•••
mrdomainman said:
I would like to know this as well.

Sorry but could not list it here for privacy reasons. My english can be bad but I can tell you that it is not a problem when it comes to sell domain names. I'm not here to say I make $$$$$, when you make huge profits, you don't like to spread the word, if you don't believe me, I don't care, my post was just my opinion on Dubai domain names.

•••
steveteva said:
Sorry but could not list it here for privacy reasons. My english can be bad but I can tell you that it is not a problem when it comes to sell domain names. I'm not here to say I make $$$$$, when you make huge profits, you don't like to spread the word, if you don't believe me, I don't care, my post was just my opinion on Dubai domain names.

Maybe i was mistaken when $$$Domainer said did you use that english.

I assumed he meant did you approach Arab End Users with English emails ?

•••
thegenius1 said:
Good point $$Domainer , but how about approaching them with non eglish domains as well. I happen to own Dubai-Realestate.net in Arabic : عقارات۔دبي.net

I'm looking forward to trading it for atleast a small condo in Duabi :)

I think I've yet to see an arabaic domain name in use.

I think the - and .net would hurt this one badly, not worth a condo.

•••
Smith said:
I think I've yet to see an arabaic domain name in use.

I think the - and .net would hurt this one badly, not worth a condo.

I have been involved in international domains for quit awhile. DOT NET in the middle east is widely excepted. Many arabic natives have already confirmed this. Some credit the success of .net in the middle east to the popularity of Aljazeera.net

•••
Steveteva

you have a point. I have a ton of names for tourist areas I thought were going to buy my domains. The names I had were perfect for the area as it was in boom stage. The fact is, like he says many developers don't care if you own the best name for whatever topic about the tourist site. They simply use their name, even though it may be lame.

Caution is good when registering tourists domains.

•••
Bahrain Mega-Projects: Al Areen Resort

Yet another amazing Bahrain Mega-Project, Al Areen Resort. This is a gigantic resort designed to create a "diversified range of health, residential, hospitality and entertainment components." Al Areen will include:

- A huge Banyon Tree Desert Spa and Resort

- The Lost Paradise of Dilmun Waterpark

- Hotel Al Areen

- Al Waha Resort

- Downtown Al Areen

...and many other projects including residential villages and all kinds of entertainment offerings. See it for yourself:

http://www.alareenresort.com/v2/index.htm

http://www.ameinfo.com/46663.html

Looks like another amazing Bahrain development.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Steveteva

you have a point. I have a ton of names for tourist areas I thought were going to buy my domains. The names I had were perfect for the area as it was in boom stage. The fact is, like he says many developers don't care if you own the best name for whatever topic about the tourist site. They simply use their name, even though it may be lame.

Caution is good when registering tourists domains.

Thank you for your comment, because lot of domainers here don't trust on what I'm saying about these domains. :)

•••
steveteva, i dont remember if it was you that had told me or someone else, that my portfolio was worth nothing. And that the only valuable domain I had was DubaiHomeSecurity.com which I had sold and so - on. Right after a message I got from someone here on NP, I sold a domains for 900$ to someone who contacted me personally from elsewhere. And since then, here and there I've sold some.

I admit it is not easy. Sometimes it can get even depressing when there's nothing happening. But if you're really selective, then there is a chance to make some money.

I would really be interested to know the quality of the domains you had that you were trying to sell.

By the way was it you that owned dubaifsbo.com, cuz i think it was that person who had made the previous comment about my portfolio.

Anyways... I think there's alot of domains being registered that are verrryyyy speculative, but there are some definately worth holding on to.

•••
pokainc said:
steveteva, i dont remember if it was you that had told me or someone else, that my portfolio was worth nothing. And that the only valuable domain I had was DubaiHomeSecurity.com which I had sold and so - on. Right after a message I got from someone here on NP, I sold a domains for 900$ to someone who contacted me personally from elsewhere. And since then, here and there I've sold some.

I admit it is not easy. Sometimes it can get even depressing when there's nothing happening. But if you're really selective, then there is a chance to make some money.

I would really be interested to know the quality of the domains you had that you were trying to sell.

By the way was it you that owned dubaifsbo.com, cuz i think it was that person who had made the previous comment about my portfolio.

Anyways... I think there's alot of domains being registered that are verrryyyy speculative, but there are some definately worth holding on to.

You have a very good portfolio of Dubai and UAE names pokainc, as I have told you before--don't worry about what anyone says about it. Anyone who ever told you your portfolio was worthless is a fool. And your 2 new Bahrain Bay names are both first rate.

•••
reemisland.eu is free if anyone is interested ;)
rep if you take it ;)

•••
ssamriga said:
reemisland.eu is free if anyone is interested ;)
rep if you take it ;)

Dot US and Dot Ws is available too but I won't reg these, why someone will go on a dot US, EU or Ws to check Reem Island? :td:

Yes it was me having DubaiFSBO.com, also sold all my Dubai names and turn to 4 letter domains now, it's having more value in the future.

•••
Just got my new baby: Dubai-Marina.com :) (feeling good!!)

•••
nice one tetra, I had eyed that one too, but forgot about it completely. gluck with it. :)

•••
tetrapak said:

Very nice!

http://www.dubaimarina.ae is one of Emaar's websites, so many projects on that piece of land, can't go wrong.

•••
tetrapak said:
Congrats, nice one, urltrends show it as PR 3 with 225 incoming links :tu: I bet you're developing it already :hehe:

That used to be owned by emaar, I find it hard to beleive they are favouring the .ae more than the .com - oh well, their loss !

Last edited:
•••
steveteva said:
Dot US and Dot Ws is available too but I won't reg these, why someone will go on a dot US, EU or Ws to check Reem Island? :td:

Yes it was me having DubaiFSBO.com, also sold all my Dubai names and turn to 4 letter domains now, it's having more value in the future.

hmmm.. Yea 4 letter .coms are gaining value, but if you haven't noticed, the UAE by itselft is preparing to spend literally trillions in development over the next few years. The entire domain industry itself is only worth $x to maybe $xx billion. With the tremendous growth of the internet I am forced to believe that holding on to premium UAE/etc. domains patiently will pan out.

Also, I thought about regging some choice UAE .eu, .us and even .in and other country codes. I honestly don't think it is a terrible idea. Once all of these mega projects are completed, they will be huge tourist destinations. So if you were in say Europe or U.S. and you typed in a search engine "Reem Island" and reemisland.eu or reemisland.us came up you would not click on them? It is my opinion domains like these could make perfect sites for people in their respective countries to book travel through. I would rather develop names like these than wait for a buyer but who is to say that one wouldn't come along?

:imho:

•••
nicedomains said:
Once all of these mega projects are completed, they will be huge tourist destinations. So if you were in say Europe or U.S. and you typed in a search engine "Reem Island" and reemisland.eu or reemisland.us came up you would not click on them? It is my opinion domains like these could make perfect sites for people in their respective countries to book travel through. I would rather develop names like these than wait for a buyer but who is to say that one wouldn't come along?

:imho:

Don't get me wrong, dot eu or dot us will never be famous, no one types or clicks dot us or dot eu (same as .info, .biz .ws, .net) even if you are in europe, but country code (.fr, .co.uk, .de...) and dot com are famous.

Dubai-Marina.com is an excellent domain name. Congrat. :)

•••
gazzip said:
Congrats, nice one, urltrends show it as PR 3 with 225 incoming links :tu: I bet you're developing it already :hehe:

That used to be owned by emaar, I find it hard to beleive they are favouring the .ae more than the .com - oh well, their loss !

As always you are right Gazzip. Right after i saw that it has some traffic and PR3 i started to think of developement. Why losing it with parking? Parking can make a few cents, developed site would make dollars, thats the difference. Emaar is strange.. They are going with .com on their official site (Emaar.com), going with .com on Burj (Burjdubai.com), but using .ae for Downtown (Downtownliving.ae).. Not really easy to understand their online marketing.

•••
I wonder if they let it drop by accident?

•••
UPDATES: 3 Excellent Articles!

This first article called "Abu Dhabi projects in focus" gives an excellent overview of the huge amount of project development in Abu Dhabi:

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=CONS&artid=133932

This next one called "Bahrain property show sold out" is a nice overview of the Bahrain property boom. The Bahrain International Property Exhibition (BIPEX) is being held Nov. 28-30 at the Bahrain International Exhibition Center:

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=REAL&artid=133812

The last one "UAE is top tier conference destination" reports that the UAE has become the FIFTH PREFERRED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD in which to hold a conference, beating more established conference destinations like the UK, France and Japan:

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=MEDIA&artid=133909

----------------------------------------------------------------

Seperately, exactly 2 months ago today this thread was started and look how far we have gone in just a few months.

•••
$$$Domainer, you're making me lazy.. I just check out this thread daily and I have new material for my blog :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back