Domain Empire

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wibrodomains said:
Hi! Just bought AlReemislands.com
Was that still available to reg, or did you buy that on the aftermarket?

•••
I just bought it --like 2 hours ago--It was Available on Godaddy!

•••
wibrodomains said:
I just bought it --like 2 hours ago--It was Available on Godaddy!

It probably was available because the name is Al Reem Island (without the plural s). Some time ago I tried to register AlReemIsland.com which wasn't available so I settled on AlReemIsland.mobi. Good luck with the name.

•••
There are a few islands on Al Reem Island do a google search on "Al Reems Islands" They are going to build bridges to each Island.

Abu Dhabi has declared Al Reem Islands and Al Raha Beachfront as designated investment areas, allowing expatriate ownership. Dubai offers the Nakheel area properties to expatriates. In the sultanate, The Wave, Muscat Golf and Country Club, The Blue City and the YItti Project have been identified as integrated tourism
designated areas.

checkout http://www.dubaibank.ae/islamic-banking/ppt/LMC.ppt

Last edited:
•••
wibrodomains said:
There are a few islands on Al Reem Island do a google search on "Al Reems Islands" They are going to build bridges to each Island.

Abu Dhabi has declared Al Reem Islands and Al Raha Beachfront as designated investment areas, allowing expatriate ownership. Dubai offers the Nakheel area properties to expatriates. In the sultanate, The Wave, Muscat Golf and Country Club, The Blue City and the YItti Project have been identified as integrated tourism
designated areas.

checkout http://www.dubaibank.ae/islamic-banking/ppt/LMC.ppt

I looked at the sites on Google's first page of Al Reem Islands and didn't find a reference to more than Al Reem Island (or "Isle") or bridges to other islands. There are going to be several developments on Al Reem with three bridges connecting to Abu Dhabi. I may have somehow missed any reference to more than just the single island called Al Reem. You could certainly be correct.

•••
Business Intelligence Middle East

UAE. Considering the fact that Abu Dhabi's population is set to rise to over 3 million inhabitants by the year 2030, there is a need to grow all the city's structures in order to welcome the projected arrivals. Therefore the government's Plan Abu Dhabi 2030 - also known as the Urban Structure Framework Plan - deals extensively with traffic and infrastructure issues.

The plan consists of ten basic statements and is mainly focused on public transportation plans and housing in the city of Abu Dhabi.

According to the plan, a well-conceived transit network will help guide and phase development as Abu Dhabi's population increases. The concept aims to minimise traffic congestion on the streets and to provide sufficient parking as well as to offer alternative travel choices.

When it comes to the transportation system it aims to offer Abu Dhabi an efficient and comprehensive list of components.

The first component is a high speed rail line, originating from the Central Souq train station, connecting the downtown to the Capital District, to the airport, and ultimately to Dubai. A freight rail line will operate in the same right-of-way, connecting the new Dubai World Central Airport, and Jebel Ali with the other GCC countries.

''The city needs at least two high capacity metro lines. One of those would have spurs originating on Saadiyat Island and Al Mina turning left at Central Station to follow the Airport District, Capital District, and Raha Beach. The other line would cross the downtown from East to West, connecting Al Reem and Al Suwwah to the Central Station and the Marina Mall,'' the plan explains.

The next step, the plan continues, is a fine-grained network of surface light rail streetcars and buses that will ensure that no one ever has to walk more than five minutes to use public transport.

The wide boulevards of Abu Dhabi already provide ample space for median light rail or dedicated transit lanes for street cars or buses.

Finally, since walking is inescapable even with the most advanced transit planning in the world, a top priority is to improve the streetscapes while maximising pedestrian safety and comfort.

This will imply increasing the width of sidewalks, adding shade trees as well as shading devices and to carefully design the entire public realm.

The establishment of two city centres - one in the downtown area of Abu Dhabi Island and the other in the new Capital District - will facilitate balanced traffic flow in two directions, minimising congestion.

The city will also need a layered transportation network when the population reaches 3 million. This will significantly reduce the number of cars on the road, creating a better experience for those who are driving.

The transportation network should include a high-speed lane separating different destinations. Accompanying this measure there will also be a local metro rail, a freight rail, a surface network of buses, street cars and light rail and finally, a fine grain of interconnected streets.

The possibilities to walk have to be increased, so as to motivate people to walk, especially when it comes to short distances.

It is said that to create a successful traffic system, some of the existing streets have to be reconfigured by carefully designing new ones in order to provide more space for pedestrians as well as more transit options. The sidewalks will have to be wider and other additional options such as bus-only lanes, street cars, express lanes, and light rail medians could also make their appearance in the new construction if they are demanded.

While constructing all this, the plan is to protect and enhance the natural resources and cultural heritage of Abu Dhabi while at the same time integrating nature and humanity.

One of the ideas is to provide a variety of inter-connected transportation choices as alternatives to the automobile (transit, ferries, buses, bicycle and pedestrian pathways). The point is to prioritise and enhance the pedestrian realm (short blocks, wide and shaded sidewalks, medians, shaded seating at bus stops and active streets). There is a will in the government to avoid highway and freeway expansion by providing an inter-connected multiple route transportation network that would include many small streets permitting more traffic.

The idea is to provide a layered, inter-connected public transportation network based on fast train links between Abu Dhabi city, Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai so as to interconnect them to the CBD.

The plan features the idea to create a local bus system that will eliminate congestion, or at least, minimise it as much as possible.

The use of ferries will also be exploited to reduce congestion. The city plan aims to attract a great variety of people, including high and middle incomer earners, business people, and women, as well as lower income earners.

On the issue of parking, the plan says this will be reconsidered and studied very carefully in order to offer a larger amount of parking spaces. This concept will also be applied to the CBD area . The plan intends to limit congestion, limit the duration of each stay, and reinstating private parking.

Currently, the New York-style grid system of streets running through Abu Dhabi have the virtue of distributing traffic evenly through the core allowing congestion on one street to dissipate through the grid. Large freeways defeat this virtue by channelling all of the traffic flow through bottlenecks.

Concerning the exit opportunities, they are very limited; therefore the most important principle for the roadway system in Abu Dhabi has become to maximise connectivity providing the largest amount of smaller options rather than the smallest amount of large options.

This is graphically illustrated in the proposed new CBD area centred on Al Suwwah Island, where the Transportation Framework Plan proposes a distributed system of ten or more bridges, each a continuation of a normal city street, connecting the city to Al Suwwah and Al Reem Islands.

These bridges will bond Al Suwwah and Al Reem into the city, providing alternatives as to relieve congestion.

The two new parkways will shorten the driving distance to Dubai, providing alternate entry points to the new island developments and taking the traffic pressure off Al Salaam Street.

The final new highway is a truck route for goods movement to the East of the capital district, proposed as the furthest extent of development into the desert.

The Abu Dhabi government has shown that it wants to insure that the city will support correctly all of the planned population growth. There's a need for a plan like this, in order to ensure that people will be able to move around Abu Dhabi freely. The UAE wants to improve its public system transportation by making things easier for everyone. The plan focuses on respecting the environment, improving the physical conditions of public transport and pedestrians.

The main idea is to create available space while distributing human traffic all around the city thanks to elements such as: ferries, buses, taxis, cars, bikes, subways.

•••
wilbrodomains, thanks for the clarification.

•••
•••
•••
There are many islands in Al Reem Island---Look at all the Bridges and little Islands--Thats why AlReemIslands.com Should be good

•••
wibrodomains said:

"al reem island" - 9380 hits.
"al reem islands" - 135 hits
"al reems island" - 8 hits
"al reems islands" - 0 hits

I hope this explains..

•••
just grabbed a few days back reemrealty.info

•••
I just got Abu-Dhabi-Hotels.c** recently which I plan to develop with affiliate links, going by archives it was previously developed in 2004

Does anyone know how many hotels there are in Abu Dhabi ?

Booking.com only has 19 listed - For Dubai they have 112 listed but there's a fair few more than that in Dubai.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Smith said:
updated with pics from today.

http://www.projectdxb.com/

by the way, this is the $11 billion project that was announced:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/502157-dubai-properties-takes-wraps-off-11bn-project?ln=en

Seeing as that second link's project, Mudon, is only 5 years or less away, I figured I might as well hop on that bandwagon too (and rep added, by the way):

MudonRealEstate.com
MudonProperty.com
MudonProperties.com
MudonTravel.com
TravelMudon.com
MudonMyShoes.com (<-- just kidding about this one)

Also found that TravelAlReem.com was available, so I regged that too...

•••
pulled me in.... reg'd :
mudonvacation.c..
mudonrentals.c...
mudonrealty.c....

looks like a promising project!!

•••
•••
Just grabbed 2 goodies

MudonDubai.c**
DubaiMudon.c**

Since this project is even larger than Business Bay and since 4tlds are taken for each DubaiBusinessBay.c** and BusinessBayDubai.c** I figure I couldn't go wrong.

Didn't someone here already sell DubaiBusinessBay.c**?

•••
Donald Trump Loves Dubai and UAE

As I am typing this I am watching a special on CNBC called "The Billionaire Inside: An Interview With Donald Trump." The Donald was asked about Dubai and said he thought it was a fantastic area for real estate development and mentioned his project which he is doing with Nakheel as his partner. He also mentioned how he loved the THINK BIG attitude of Dubai towards real estate development.

•••
i sold businessbaydubai.com

•••
pokainc said:
i sold businessbaydubai.com

I am just curious... How much? to an end user or reseller? How long ago? Ty.. :)

namegame said:
It probably was available because the name is Al Reem Island (without the plural s). Some time ago I tried to register AlReemIsland.com which wasn't available so I settled on AlReemIsland.mobi. Good luck with the name.

There is also "Fantasy Island" developments an addition to Reem Islands. You can read a little more on it here ;)

http://abudhabiblog.com/blog/index....an_entertainment_retreat&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

•••
I told people there are different islands around Al Reem Island..Thats why i bought AlreemIslands.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back