Dynadot

Beware!!! Scammer by name Sarah Murray!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As the title says, beware kids, there are some "new" scams on the march..

If you have just listed your domain for a bid (Sedo, Ebay...) and you recived an email in a less then 1 day from a company called:

NTT Software Consulting
Custom insurance software development using Oracle, Visual Basic, MS
Access and Delphi

and the person, who is writing to you is a woman named Sarah and offers you to buy your domain, but you have to set the price, then just say to her/him, Go and F?uck Yourself... It's a scam, don't be naive, make sure you get to know the person with whom you are making business.

Read some more topics about this:

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=96630
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=95903&highlight=Sarah+Murray
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=94998&highlight=Sarah+Murray

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This same thing happened to me a while back and it was under the alias of "Sarah Murray". The e-mail was exactly the same as noted earlier in this thread, however just wishing to be absolutely certain i posted her back a rather LARGE price.

The domain was sxb.org (which i have recently sold on) and i asked for a ridiculous $3500. She came back saying ok as well!!!!!! From then on i was absolutely certain it was a scam and she/he/it was not very happy when i found them out.

The most amazing thing about this scam is its circulation. I have talked to close to hundreds of domainers who have experienced this problem.

•••
I MAY have gotten a line on who this is. If I'm right, it should stop this particular person from doing this...if not, no harm, no foul.

•••
maybe trevor bergman has had a sex change...... :lol:

Talking of the nigerians, go check out 419fun.com what a laugh those guys are having...

•••
I can't belive it. Just received another from the same guy, exactly as the previous email. Doesn't he ever sleep ? :lol:

•••
For the first time, I feel let down because someone didn’t try to scheme me. What aren’t my domains good enough to steal? I didn’t hear a keniving word from Sarah.

•••
forgive me for not understanding completely, but how can you get scammed on a domain if you use escrow.com?

•••
pgiddy said:
forgive me for not understanding completely, but how can you get scammed on a domain if you use escrow.com?
They don't actually go through with the transaction. They just want you to pay for an appraisal from their own crappy service. Then they don't purchase the name.

•••
thanks jonathan. i just got a letter from "Sarah Ludwig" with the above offer. That's why I was interested.

I told her $10 via paypal was fine. Let's see if she still wants me to get it appraised.

•••
pgiddy said:
thanks jonathan. i just got a letter from "Sarah Ludwig" with the above offer. That's why I was interested.

I told her $10 via paypal was fine. Let's see if she still wants me to get it appraised.
Haha, that's a great idea.

You know what.. if we were to get organized, we could break something like this.

We all pay for appraisals and we all request chargebacks. They would have major problems with some a large number of chargebacks.

•••
I got email from a Clinton Woods, the other day, asking for a price for a name I owned.
Being a newbie, I got all excited at the prospect of selling my first name, and immediately contacted a fellow namepro friend.
He immediately told me to beware of a scammer.
I was so excited , that I didn't realise that the subject name wasn't even mine! I replied as much - and have heard nothing since.
Being a newbie to dn's and the pc, I just cant see what these people get from such things!
I was dissapointed enough, but I can imagine how a youngster (I believe we have some younger members) must feel!
If you are the scammer, all I can say is that you're very sad. I wouldn't mind betting that you have a small penis - or if you're a woman, you'll either be flat chested or have a moustache!

charbar.

•••
What do they get? Well I think they earn money :). :$: :$: :$:

•••
I'll avoid this scam. Thanks for the heads up :tu:

•••
You know what the sad thing is ? I still get emails everyday :lol:

•••
Just tell 'em appraisals are scams and that domains are only worth what you are willing to pay. :lol:

•••
You should replay:

Dear Sarah or whatever,

As I can see you are very sirious person and you would not like to get scamed
and neither would I. So if you need an apprisial I can get it for you from ( you can type here some good and safe apprisials - sedo for example ), becouse I trust them. But if you really want apprisial from a site you sugested, then you should pay it for your self. If you really want my domain so bad, get it, or I'll get it at Sedos and we can talk more bussines.

Sincerely,

Your StudioWorks

•••
thanks for the headsup, very informative thread ppl.

•••
Then run your message through a spellchecker.... :hehe:

•••
I recieved a variation from aparently the same guy/gal. I must say he/she did an excellent job as far as scams go, almost had me fooled, ofcourse I didnt actually check out the legitimacy of the "appraisors suggested to him in the following forum", I had my own appraisor in mind, oh well. Atleast I didnt pay him the $60 like so many other unfortunate souls.

•••
Just reply with, i'll sell it only if we go through escrow and you pay the fees.

•••
Moved to scams/warnings for all to see :)

Thanks,
Allan :gl:

•••
So got the same thing this morning for the first time so not trusting the wording of the email. I came here and found this thread. So dusanr's email and spellchecked it and fixed it up a little and sent it for fun. Not pervfect but i want to get their ip so i can block it at my firewall.

Dear Mr. Wedlon, <--- the name of the jackass in my email
I am glad to see that you are interested in my site. I have set the min price low so more people would be interested in it, because of this I have received a few offers already. So I am ordering an appraisal from SEDO because I trust them and that is where the site is listed. But if you really want appraisal from a site you trust, then please pay it for your self and we can discuss their result when they come in. If I feel that the appraisal is fair and that is the price that you would like pay we can discuss it.

If you are truly interested in my domain then please in the future direct all communications through SEDO as they are there to protect both parties.

Sincerely,
ME

Got this as the reply

Please don't waste your money and time.

Sedo is acceptable as a broker but not as an appraiser because your names
are listed with them and they are not independent. They are interested in
ovepricing in order to get a fat commission. I need appraisals from a
company which is not interested in selling your domains. I will only accept
appraisals from independent appraisal companies I know and trust.

If it helps anyone the IP of the server which it was sent from was 81.27.32.117

•••
William9 said:
For the first time, I feel let down because someone didn’t try to scheme me. What aren’t my domains good enough to steal? I didn’t hear a keniving word from Sarah.

hahaha...thats a good one
:hehe:

she doesnt like the fragrance of the shaving cream you use :wave:

•••
•••
Im pretty sure ive had emails in my spam can off this person...

•••
LOL this is my reply to her

Hi,

Thanks alot Sarah, im so excited about your email.

I have not received an offer for that webdomain in a long time.

I will sell it to you for $3.00 USD. That would help me feed my family for few years.

But before i must ask you to go get a professional appraisal from a website so that i dont sell my domain for too less. I need to know what a professional appraisal is so please do it for me !!

Just go to this link http://www.domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/21076.htm and choose one of the apprasers from there. That would be grate.

Thanks Sarah !

Cheers,

Clinton Woods

( i wrote clinton woods because in one of the threads i saw that name related to this scam )

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back